• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Could use the Poplar Point Boat ramp and ferry people over to here: Poplar Point - B037

I've never used that ramp, so not sure of the logistics, i.e. if you have to be camping or whatever. The link I posted is a beach near there that is decent, we'll be there some on Saturday. Also has some rocks you can jump off of. Just be careful with those.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking for advice from you guys/girls with more experience than I have. We've got family visiting the next few days, I want to try to get everyone out to Jordan but my SX190 doesn't quite have the capacity for 6 adults and 5 kids at once. I'm trying to figure out if I can maybe get everyone to meet at a picnic area or a dock and take people out like 4 at a time? Seems like it could get boring quick for those left on shore. Are there beaches where I could maybe take everyone in a couple of trips and set up for the day? I'm not super familiar with the lake yet, I may do a scouting trip during the week on my own and see what I can find.

Short of buying a bigger boat (not because I wouldn't *want* to), any suggestions on getting several people out there and having an awesome time?
Been in this spot often with the smaller boat. One way is to have a car load set up at the Ebenezer Church Rec area, decent beach and rest rooms, and you launch at the ramp which is a few hundred yards away. A large tube is useful to give kids something to do while waiting. You could also rent a campsite near the water to use as Base camp, and use the ramp at the campsite. We have done this at Seaforth boat ramp and beach area also.
Have fun this week !

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for advice from you guys/girls with more experience than I have. We've got family visiting the next few days, I want to try to get everyone out to Jordan but my SX190 doesn't quite have the capacity for 6 adults and 5 kids at once. I'm trying to figure out if I can maybe get everyone to meet at a picnic area or a dock and take people out like 4 at a time? Seems like it could get boring quick for those left on shore. Are there beaches where I could maybe take everyone in a couple of trips and set up for the day? I'm not super familiar with the lake yet, I may do a scouting trip during the week on my own and see what I can find.

Short of buying a bigger boat (not because I wouldn't *want* to), any suggestions on getting several people out there and having an awesome time?

We did this a lot when we had a smaller boat. we would put in at seaforth and then ferry everyone over to the beach area next to the poplar point swim area. kids and adults would hang out on the beach and i would take the tube out and pull a couple around at a time. worked well. i suggest backing in with a front anchor and a rear anchor to keep your boat afloat and not on the sand. there are some bigger rocks in the sand. I had a setup where i had a beach anchor for the rear and a standard anchor for the front. they were tied together so when i wanted to park the boat for a bit i could follow the rear anchor line out and hook it to the boat with a carabiner. might not be the best idea for a jet boat though.

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Scout out and get a campsite at Poplar Point. I think it is H34 we’ve used before, close to shower house and a nice sandy beach. Easy to manage a larger group, picnic table, bring a small grill and there you go.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are two "boat beaches" on Falls lake. One is at Rolling View and I think the other is called Sandling beach. Great spots to have family on the beach while you run them out on trips on the boat. Assume Jordan has something like this....perhaps this is what Poplar point is like?

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hadn't thought of getting one of the campsites for the day, that's a great idea... I don't think they'll let you into the Poplar entrance without a reservation anyway. I usually put in at Ebeneezer which isn't too far from there.

Does anyone do fireworks at the lake? Not sure if that's even allowed at Jordan, but I've been to a couple near Hickory and it's very cool.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There's signs saying fireworks are not allowed at the entrance of the boat ramp I use on Jordan Lake. Which is part of the Jordan Lake State Park.

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There's signs saying fireworks are not allowed at the entrance of the boat ramp I use on Jordan Lake. Which is part of the Jordan Lake State Park.
Yeah, fireworks are a No Go at Jordan. I’ve heard Kerr Lake has some good fireworks...up around Clarksville maybe.

NautiTwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We will be out on Harris Lake Saturday if anyone wants to link up for drinks and to hang out. Looking for a great place to back up and relax.

NautiTwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are any lakes around the area having fireworks this weekend?

NautiTwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hope to see some of ya tomorrow. We are wanting to meet fellow jet boat owners and new people around the area. We currently live in Carolina Lakes. Small lake but nice to stroll around on for sunset cruises.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hope to see some of ya tomorrow. We are wanting to meet fellow jet boat owners and new people around the area. We currently live in Carolina Lakes. Small lake but nice to stroll around on for sunset cruises.
Sounds good. We plan on being on Jordan Sat and Sunday, usually launch from New hope, from there either head up river, or sometimes head north. Hope to see you out there.

NautiTwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sounds good. We plan on being on Jordan Sat and Sunday, usually launch from New hope, from there either head up river, or sometimes head north. Hope to see you out there.
So is Jordan better than Harris? Is there a good place to hang out ?

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Harris is smaller, but there are others on here that can tell you more about Harris vs Jordan. There are tons of little hideaways on Jordan, and we travel the entire lake. We have friends that go to the same spot every week, but we like to find new spots. I will try to get a pic of our boat on my profile so maybe we can recognize each other, as I am new on here too. The party cove is always busy, and even has a facebook page.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be out wake boarding with my friends north past Farrington tomorrow.

NautiTwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Awesome!!! We are looking for the party cove fb page now. This is us.

Attachments

NautiTwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Where is s good boat ramp and how do we find the cove? We've now decided to hit up Jordan lake tomorrow instead.