• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Is Jordan Lake good for wake surfing?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Is Jordan Lake good for wake surfing?
We don't wake surf so I don't have first hand knowledge of it being good, but I definitely see other people out there wake surfing pretty much every time I'm out there.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We joined you guys a few years ago when you had the last meetup there. Had a great day.
We grabbed a last minute cabin rental on Kerr lake for the end of this week, Thursday to Sunday. Very low budget, but dock is included. May throw some fishing lines in the water. Haven't fished off my own boat with my own equipment in forever. If anyone is planning to be on Kerr , give us a shout !

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Anyone make it to the Fall Boat Show in Raleigh this past weekend? I didn't have time to go but was wondering what the inventory was like from the exhibitors...decent or was the floor pretty bare?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone make it to the Fall Boat Show in Raleigh this past weekend? I didn't have time to go but was wondering what the inventory was like from the exhibitors...decent or was the floor pretty bare?
The pics that I saw on insta from vendors they looked pretty stocked. I know inland marine had several boats.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The pics that I saw on insta from vendors they looked pretty stocked. I know inland marine had several boats.
Good to hear that inventory is coming back locally. And probably for the best I didn't go if Inland was stocked...the last thing I need to be doing is looking at a bunch of $200K wake boats!!!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good to hear that inventory is coming back locally. And probably for the best I didn't go if Inland was stocked...the last thing I need to be doing is looking at a bunch of $200K wake boats!!!
Same! I was out of town.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jordan today…. Lake is empty
4F216D92-20C2-4D1D-9D85-3916BF8ED1C8.jpeg

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I figured it’d be the opposite. Wanted some lake time today, but too much to do after getting home from vacation late last night.
We were out Saturday, Sunday and today and it never got that crowded. I was surprised but some friends that have been boating Jordan for 20 years said it’s normal. They said Jordan traffic peaks on the 4th. We plan to be on the water every weekend the weather permits and I’m curious just how much the traffic drops off.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We were at Harris yesterday and it was the busiest we had seen it all summer. Still no where near as busy as the slowest day during covid. Saw a cigarette boat, which is not something I've seen before on Harris. Today was cleaning day. Cleaned the boat, jeep, and my truck inside and out. I've yet been to Jordan this year and doesn't look like we will. Maybe next year. With Harris being back to normal it's tough to make the 30 min drive to the Jordan ramp when the Harris one is less than 10 mins from our house.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Our boating days for the next month or so(this season even) are numbered now. Wife just had shoulder surgery, so I'll be solo. Not to mention some busy weekends ahead.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Made it out to Falls Lake on Saturday. Nice lake! Wife really enjoyed it. Not a ton of traffic, but some. I realize the peak of the season is long gone of course. Took us an hour and 10 minutes to get there, so not terribly far. Lots to explore there for sure, so we'll be back.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Our last day will likely be this Wed. Heading out once the kid gets home from school. But we'll be going to Harris. Never ventured to any other lake than Harris and Gaston this year.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Our last day will likely be this Wed. Heading out once the kid gets home from school. But we'll be going to Harris. Never ventured to any other lake than Harris and Gaston this year.
I do like Harris...we've been there more than any other lake since we live so close. My only complaint would be it'd be nice if there was a break wall to buffer the ramps from the open water. Numerous times, we're trying to dock and wake from passing boats messes us up.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I do like Harris...we've been there more than any other lake since we live so close. My only complaint would be it'd be nice if there was a break wall to buffer the ramps from the open water. Numerous times, we're trying to dock and wake from passing boats messes us up.
oh dude last trip out there was a boat that sent like 2-3' waves toward the ramp. Never seen anything like it. I saw it coming and just hung back. Said imma wait this out right quick as everyone that was at the ramp was holding on to their boats trying to keep them off the dock. That's really the first time I've ever experienced it. It's super close to me. Our neighborhood is like 5 miles or so from the ramp. They really need to add a courtesy dock instead of that fishing dock. That way you can tie up and grab your trailer rather than tie up a lane. Also could load and unload people there. There's a ton of open space that they could clear our to add more parking too. The other ramp has one. That one is back in there a ways and is better protected, but that's a haul for us. We'd have to drive all the way around the lake to get to it.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
oh dude last trip out there was a boat that sent like 2-3' waves toward the ramp. Never seen anything like it. I saw it coming and just hung back. Said imma wait this out right quick as everyone that was at the ramp was holding on to their boats trying to keep them off the dock. That's really the first time I've ever experienced it. It's super close to me. Our neighborhood is like 5 miles or so from the ramp. They really need to add a courtesy dock instead of that fishing dock. That way you can tie up and grab your trailer rather than tie up a lane. Also could load and unload people there. There's a ton of open space that they could clear our to add more parking too. The other ramp has one. That one is back in there a ways and is better protected, but that's a haul for us. We'd have to drive all the way around the lake to get to it.
It happens more there than I'd like for sure. Watched a big old bass boat with 3 people on board power load at full throttle a while back. Bounced everyone's boats around. I find I have very little tolerance for stupidity the older I get.

Never been to the ramps on the other side, but same for me...it'd be a much longer drive since we come from Angier.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Holleman ramp has courtesy docks, they are outside the lanes on both sides. You can tie up there and not block a lane. I agree it has a lot of waves and no real protection. The other ramp (Harris lake boat ramp) has a separate courtesy dock. I haven’t used that ramp but I towed someone in once who needed to go there. I also thought it was further from me but Google maps tells me it’s only 2 more minutes. Close enough that I’ll try it next time. Maybe same for you?