• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The Holleman ramp has courtesy docks, they are outside the lanes on both sides. You can tie up there and not block a lane. I agree it has a lot of waves and no real protection. The other ramp (Harris lake boat ramp) has a separate courtesy dock. I haven’t used that ramp but I towed someone in once who needed to go there. I also thought it was further from me but Google maps tells me it’s only 2 more minutes. Close enough that I’ll try it next time. Maybe same for you?
yeah I wouldn't exactly call those courtesy docks, but yes I know what you're talking about. You can maybe get one boat in there on both sides. Nah for me I'm right down the road from the main ramp. Other one is 35 mins from me.

tbg0519

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We like hitting Hyco, but you really want to commit to it, since the passes are $75/yr ($25 for a day pass). Relatively small lake with lots of surfers but there are also some nice quiet spots to anchor and hang out. The main drawback is that there is only 1 ramp area (6 ramps) and in order to access the majority of the lake, you'll have to go under a low bridge. We have to drop the tower to make it under.

The lake tends to warm up sooner than others due to depth plus the power plant. In late summer though, it can be a challenge to find cool water.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah I wouldn't exactly call those courtesy docks, but yes I know what you're talking about. You can maybe get one boat in there on both sides. Nah for me I'm right down the road from the main ramp. Other one is 35 mins from me.
just a followup. I used the Harris lake boat ramp for the first time a couple weeks ago - last week of December. It was far more busy than the holleman ramp (I cruised up there to have a look at the parking lot) But still wintertime so busy is relative. 90+% fishing boats. Marginally better wave protection but there was a solid crosswind that added some challenge. Bottom line, I will continue to use holleman when I go to Harris.

MadDogH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all!

I'm getting ready to sell my 2010 AR210 and have a couple of questions for this group.

Do you have any recommendations for a local boat detailer who can remove oxidation and make my boat look great for selling?

Do you have recommendations for where to sell my boat? Is there a local boat broker that could sell it for me and take care of things like arranging for test rides and such?

Thanks in advance

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello all!

I'm getting ready to sell my 2010 AR210 and have a couple of questions for this group.

Do you have any recommendations for a local boat detailer who can remove oxidation and make my boat look great for selling?

Do you have recommendations for where to sell my boat? Is there a local boat broker that could sell it for me and take care of things like arranging for test rides and such?

Thanks in advance
Person that I sold my old boat to is using this place: https://www.carolinaboatco.com/
They're relocating to FL and he wants a center console rather than take this to FL with him.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I sold my old old boat on boat trader. That was like 17 years ago but it worked great.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're thinking about moving to the area and the wife and I are staying in wake forest this week. We spent the day at Jordan which seemed pretty nice but I'm curious what the locals think. We would like a quiet neighborhood with houses that aren't too close together.

If you had your choice of area to buy a home close to the lake but not too far from entertainment where would it be?

Falls or Jordan?

@Julian

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're thinking about moving to the area and the wife and I are staying in wake forest this week. We spent the day at Jordan which seemed pretty nice but I'm curious what the locals think. We would like a quiet neighborhood with houses that aren't too close together.

If you had your choice of area to buy a home close to the lake but not too far from entertainment where would it be?

Falls or Jordan?

@Julian
If you want to be closer to entertainment, North Raleigh for sure. We like both lakes. My boat is closer to Jordan, so going more frequently there but Falls has some nice areas. I live in Cary/Morrisville area, but kids are going to schools in Raleigh. So we drive a lot around Cary and North Hills. I see that it will be easier to have a nice lot and house closer to Falls Lake and just take Six Forks south and you will in North Hills and downtown Raleigh.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Falls or Jordan?

@Julian
If I was home I'd tour you around the different areas....but I'm in Europe....back Wednesday night.

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I was home I'd tour you around the different areas....but I'm in Europe....back Wednesday night.
I appreciate the offer all the same sir. Not a lot of options out there with more than .5 acres and the ones that are out there are $800k+

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I appreciate the offer all the same sir. Not a lot of options out there with more than .5 acres and the ones that are out there are $800k+
@DRock3d Do you have a realtor yet? Even if it's for questions, I have friend in Wake Forest that's been in business for over 20 years. He maybe be able to help you. Brian Pate is his name. https://www.paterealty.com/

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unfortunately all the folks moving here from the North over the last few decades have helped to cause prices to go up to what they are. We’re considering moving away since it’s become so crowded, even out here in Harnett county there’s a new housing development popping up everywhere. Already 50 minutes to over an hour commute each way for me. Only going to get worse.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Unfortunately all the folks moving here from the North over the last few decades have helped to cause prices to go up to what they are. We’re considering moving away since it’s become so crowded, even out here in Harnett county there’s a new housing development popping up everywhere. Already 50 minutes to over an hour commute each way for me. Only going to get worse.
I live in Holly Springs and moved here 15 years ago. Could get around easily then. Now it takes me 30 mins just around town here. It's nuts!

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I live in Holly Springs and moved here 15 years ago. Could get around easily then. Now it takes me 30 mins just around town here. It's nuts!
Yea Holly Springs is insanity. Would help if the local govt would've done a better job planning infrastructure. I avoid 55 between Fuquay and Apex as much as I can.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The turn lanes and all that crap they did on 55 is just dumb. I hate driving down there now because it's nothing but red lights.

All that said, I used to live outside Philadelphia 20 years ago and our traffic is nothing, absolutely nothing compared to that. Yeah it's busier and more congested now but it's still nothing compared to bigger metro areas. I live in west Cary and yeah, it's busy but still manageable.

As for the OP, good luck on your decision. You can look at Chatham county and get more for less compared to Wake county. The schools aren't as good though, so if you have kids in school, that's a consideration. Chatham county is definitely not built up like most of Wake county, but it's on its way! You would be close to Jordan Lake as well.

I've only boated Falls lake once and spend most of my time on Jordan because it's less than 15 minutes from my house. I would say they are similar in that there are no houses and docks all over like so many other lakes. Each has a marina and numerous ramps. Both or murky as Julian stated.... that's the one thing I wish we could change was the brown water....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
11316 Rumshill rd looks to be a decent price..... Think it is in Coachmans trail which is a nice subdivision (close to where we live). Short ride to airport, downtown etc