• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Went to Harris today. Was a great day until pulling out. Folks blocking the truck/trailer traffic lanes, prepping their boats in the middle of the road. General a$$hats trying to tell other folk how to do things. That and choppy water coming in. Other folk backing down and taking up both ramps. A dude trying to lecture my wife when he was the one blocking others from backing their trucks down to pick up their boats. Wife says any of the issues we’ve ever had with other boaters have been at Harris. Might be since we’ve been there more than other lakes.
Anyways, frustrating day

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Went to Harris today. Was a great day until pulling out. Folks blocking the truck/trailer traffic lanes, prepping their boats in the middle of the road. General a$$hats trying to tell other folk how to do things. That and choppy water coming in. Other folk backing down and taking up both ramps. A dude trying to lecture my wife when he was the one blocking others from backing their trucks down to pick up their boats. Wife says any of the issues we’ve ever had with other boaters have been at Harris. Might be since we’ve been there more than other lakes.
Anyways, frustrating day
That sucks. I hate when people don't use the prep lanes. I start my truck well before I get there so it won't be so dang hot by the time I get in. Other week I walk up to my truck and there's some asshats in a pontoon behind my trailer. After I was finally able to get their attention I was like yo can you pull up so I can get out? He said "I gotchu". Still took him like 5 mins to climb out and they move the truck forward like 5". They could have pulled up 50' and still had plenty of room. I could tell they didn't have a clue what they were doing and were new to the boating scene.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That sucks. I hate when people don't use the prep lanes. I start my truck well before I get there so it won't be so dang hot by the time I get in. Other week I walk up to my truck and there's some asshats in a pontoon behind my trailer. After I was finally able to get their attention I was like yo can you pull up so I can get out? He said "I gotchu". Still took him like 5 mins to climb out and they move the truck forward like 5". They could have pulled up 50' and still had plenty of room. I could tell they didn't have a clue what they were doing and were new to the boating scene.
It was an impatience thing over at the prep lane...folks were in the prep lane and others came up and parked beside them to prep instead of waiting. Other folks with empty trailers were trying to go around and were mixed in with folk trying to launch.

The pontoons were out in force. One of them took up both ramps launching and another was agreeing with the dude lecturing my wife(while I was in line trying to get down there with my trailer). Telling her we shouldn't dock our boat until we back down which is always the fastest way for us because I'm the only one that drives the boat and truck/trailer. Had we docked over at the dock, then went and grabbed our truck, backed it down, then went and pulled the boat around...takes 10x longer. We can pull out our boat in about 2 minutes...have it down to a science.

Of course the pontoon that was complaining, was doing the same thing and of course we were backed down, boat picked up and gone wya before he could do so.

Just wished folks would mind their own dang business, help if needed and just be friendly...we're all trying to do the same thing, launch our boat with no issues, enjoy some time on our boat, get pulled out without issues and get out of the way for the next guy/gal.

Anyways, sorry to clog up the thread with my frustration.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It was an impatience thing over at the prep lane...folks were in the prep lane and others came up and parked beside them to prep instead of waiting. Other folks with empty trailers were trying to go around and were mixed in with folk trying to launch.

The pontoons were out in force. One of them took up both ramps launching and another was agreeing with the dude lecturing my wife(while I was in line trying to get down there with my trailer). Telling her we shouldn't dock our boat until we back down which is always the fastest way for us because I'm the only one that drives the boat and truck/trailer. Had we docked over at the dock, then went and grabbed our truck, backed it down, then went and pulled the boat around...takes 10x longer. We can pull out our boat in about 2 minutes...have it down to a science.

Of course the pontoon that was complaining, was doing the same thing and of course we were backed down, boat picked up and gone wya before he could do so.

Just wished folks would mind their own dang business, help if needed and just be friendly...we're all trying to do the same thing, launch our boat with no issues, enjoy some time on our boat, get pulled out without issues and get out of the way for the next guy/gal.

Yeah we don't have the extra dock over on our side. So, if you're solo launching/retrieving you only have one option to block a lane.

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you guys have zebra mussels? While invasive they tend to make for very clear water around us, looking to move to the area but the stained lakes kinda turned us off

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you guys have zebra mussels? While invasive they tend to make for very clear water around us, looking to move to the area but the stained lakes kinda turned us off
No zebra mussels.....just lots of red clay and pine tanin. So less water clarity in the newer lakes.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

I was nodding my head while reading your post; something about boat ramps bring out the worst in some people. Maybe its the heat, the pressure, inexperience, thoughtlessness, but we all have to deal with it sometimes.

At Jordan, if I launch at Seaforth, which is rare, I am way more likely to run into the lane blockers, dudes prepping their craft for launch while halfway down the ramp. They have to drive by several signs that remind them to prep in the parking lot. Perhaps the words used in the signage are too long . This almost never happens at New Hope, where we usually go. Never had an issue at Kerr, or Lake James, Lake Norman, or Falls. Although we only went to Falls once.

A hot one on Jordan yesterday. Saw 2 beautiful 252's on the lake in the last few trips.. One 252X in a nice blue that my wife and I really liked. Those boats look like they are pricey.

Stay cool out there,

Cbullard3895

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Question for those who regularly boat on Jordan Lake:

We like to take our dog out as much as we can, however, he really needs to have an area to jump off and run. So my question is, what are some good areas of the lake to anchor up that have a "beach" or at least land that can be accessed?

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

We like to take our dog out as much as we can, however, he really needs to have an area to jump off and run. So my question is, what are some good areas of the lake to anchor up that have a "beach" or at least land that can be accessed?
We have been in this position. While there aren’t too many places like you describe (and they fill up fast), we have done fine just swimming the dog to shore without bringing the boat all the way in. You can do a bathroom stop almost anywhere if you’re willing to do that.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

There are a couple out there. One near the Farrington Boat ramp under the bridge on the right. There's another around the corner from the Marina away from the highway bridge.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We need to try and get a meetup planned before the summer ends.... Think the last one we did was 2019 if I recall correctly...??

caseyacts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all, sadly I’m going to post here for the first time and it’s under awful circumstances. I am new to jet boating (2012 SX190 in Nov. 2022) and somewhat to the area as well (from Chicago in 2018). Yesterday, while at Jordan, I was cutting back to the channel and nailed an underwater branch that completely gouged the bottom of my boat. I’m talking through the fiberglass and everything. I have insurance, I was going to file a claim with Geico, but, where do I take it? I’ll drive a couple hours to get it done right, I just want it done right. We are all devastated.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey all, sadly I’m going to post here for the first time and it’s under awful circumstances. I am new to jet boating (2012 SX190 in Nov. 2022) and somewhat to the area as well (from Chicago in 2018). Yesterday, while at Jordan, I was cutting back to the channel and nailed an underwater branch that completely gouged the bottom of my boat. I’m talking through the fiberglass and everything. I have insurance, I was going to file a claim with Geico, but, where do I take it? I’ll drive a couple hours to get it done right, I just want it done right. We are all devastated.
Sorry to hear this. I had a similar event, and if you search my posts, you may find it. I have some pics, was thru the glass also. Insurance was no problem, Chatlee did the work came out perfect, but it was over a month without the boat.

Hope it goes ok for you. let me know if we can help.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
man that sucks! Chat Lee is a well known boat dealer/service center around here. i would give them a call.