• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Harris has the best water of the three big lakes. That said we end up on jordan more often because of proximity.

I live in apex and it’s a great town, we are very happy. But yeah the secret is out. We are growing like mad and the new developments are generally higher density (townhouses and closely spaced houses ) or very expensive. There are established neighborhoods with larger lots and smaller homes that won’t cost a fortune. But inventory is low so you have to be patient - and get a good local realtor who specializes in - and is very successful in - the neighborhoods you want to target.

If I were moving here now I would look at pittsboro…. Night life would be in chapel hill.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Harris has the best water of the three big lakes. That said we end up on jordan more often because of proximity.

I live in apex and it’s a great town, we are very happy. But yeah the secret is out. We are growing like mad and the new developments are generally higher density (townhouses and closely spaced houses ) or very expensive. There are established neighborhoods with larger lots and smaller homes that won’t cost a fortune. But inventory is low so you have to be patient - and get a good local realtor who specializes in - and is very successful in - the neighborhoods you want to target.

If I were moving here now I would look at pittsboro…. Night life would be in chapel hill.
Harris definitely has the best water, but it's a tiny lake. I do like my boat basically being clean when I pull it out though. Always a scum line I have to wash off when going to Jordan. We never went to Jordan once last year. We used to go all the time. Now we just go to Harris since we're so close and the covid craziness has gone away.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Harris definitely has the best water, but it's a tiny lake. I do like my boat basically being clean when I pull it out though. Always a scum line I have to wash off when going to Jordan. We never went to Jordan once last year. We used to go all the time. Now we just go to Harris since we're so close and the covid craziness has gone away.
I like Harris. Easy in/out and a nice lake. Our last lake trip was there. My wife does like Falls lake though. Our favorite place to go is still the coast.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I like Harris. Easy in/out and a nice lake. Our last lake trip was there. My wife does like Falls lake though. Our favorite place to go is still the coast.
It got really bad during covid, but it was also the first to return to normal. With it being small it seems folks have returned to the larger lakes and/or went back to doing other things. Which is fine for me. We're like less than 10 mins to one of the boat ramps at Harris.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It got really bad during covid, but it was also the first to return to normal. With it being small it seems folks have returned to the larger lakes and/or went back to doing other things. Which is fine for me. We're like less than 10 mins to one of the boat ramps at Harris.
Yea it was pretty busy during Covid, that's for sure. We're in between Angier and Lillington so maybe 20-25 minutes to get to the Sharon boat ramp. It's always where we go if we're not planning a whole day.

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
11316 Rumshill rd looks to be a decent price..... Think it is in Coachmans trail which is a nice subdivision (close to where we live). Short ride to airport, downtown etc
Needs a little work but location is great. Gives me hope we'll have options we can afford. Housing is way up in Columbus as well so we'll be rolling a lot of equity out to help offset the additional costs. The murky waters kinda bum me out but we were looking at Lake Norman and cancer bums me out too lol

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice day on Jordan Saturday morning/afternoon
IMG_3268.jpeg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice day on Jordan Saturday morning/afternoon
View attachment 201407
Harris was busy! Like holiday weekend busy. I didn't get out there until 4ish so everyone was leaving. Stayed out until it was dark. Starting to see some serious high dollar boats out there. Saw a new G23, and several new X boat Mastercrafts. Used to be you'd see one high dollar boat, and then a bunch of older wake boats. This area is starting to get stupid expensive so I suppose no surprise the big money boats would follow. 20230603_195004.jpg

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Harris was busy! Like holiday weekend busy. I didn't get out there until 4ish so everyone was leaving. Stayed out until it was dark. Starting to see some serious high dollar boats out there. Saw a new G23, and several new X boat Mastercrafts. Used to be you'd see one high dollar boat, and then a bunch of older wake boats. This area is starting to get stupid expensive so I suppose no surprise the big money boats would follow. View attachment 201423
Nice! We've been out of the country, but hoping to get out on the water again this coming weekend. Harris seems to get busy sometimes and when it is, it's hard to get away from the other boats.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice! We've been out of the country, but hoping to get out on the water again this coming weekend. Harris seems to get busy sometimes and when it is, it's hard to get away from the other boats.
The only time I have that problem on Falls Lake is 1) holiday weekends, 2) the east end of the lake where the free ramp is

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The only time I have that problem on Falls Lake is 1) holiday weekends, 2) the east end of the lake where the free ramp is
We've only been to Falls a few times, but it's my wife's favorite! so much lake...always easy to get away.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Harris is very very very small. I can get from one end to the other in less than 10 mins. If I wasn't literally 7 mins away from the closest ramp I'd probably go to Jordan. Which is like Falls in that it is massive, but the water quality isn't as good as Harris.

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was on Jordan Lake Saturday also. Didn’t seem crowded at all. No wait to launch or pull our boat out.

Attachments

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If the water in Jordan was cleaner, it would be hard to beat that lake compared to any others..... that would probably make it way more crowded as well. I hauled down to Lake Keowee for Memorial Day weekend and man what a difference. The water is so clear down there.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If the water in Jordan was cleaner, it would be hard to beat that lake compared to any others..... that would probably make it way more crowded as well. I hauled down to Lake Keowee for Memorial Day weekend and man what a difference. The water is so clear down there.
Part of why I prefer Harris. Sooooo much cleaner than Jordan. That and the ramp is only 7 mins from my house. Gaston is the same way, love how clean it is. If Jordan was cleaner I would for sure make the drive more often. It's a lot less clean up at the end of the day when the lake is not so muddy.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I keep saying I'm gonna make it up to Gaston/Kerr and have yet to do so..... this somewhere, at some point, I'm doing it. It's hard to justify picking my boat up from Crosswinds and hauling it an hour plus away when I could just drop it in the water right there.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I keep saying I'm gonna make it up to Gaston/Kerr and have yet to do so..... this somewhere, at some point, I'm doing it. It's hard to justify picking my boat up from Crosswinds and hauling it an hour plus away when I could just drop it in the water right there.
It isn't really worth it for the day, but if you rent a place on Gaston it's awesome.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m thinking about doing Kerr lake day trip this weekend just to explore something new. Any tips?

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m thinking about doing Kerr lake day trip this weekend just to explore something new. Any tips?
I put in a Nutbrush Bridge Campground, then head up to the Virginia side of the lake. We like to relax/anchor and there are some quiet coves without any houses. Because of its size, the lake can get a bit choppy at times.