• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

Our marina on Falls Lake is still flooded from Debbie! Corps is letting water out very slowly! :-(

Jordan all ramps are closed. They started letting water out Friday. Only lake open around here is Harris. It's going to be an absolute shit show. Worse than 2020. I'm sitting this weekend out. If even a fraction of those that go to Jordan show up to Harris it'll be insane. That lake can't handle that many people. I took the ski out Wednesday to Harris and it was pretty busy. Had a guy yell at me about taking up 2 lanes when I got my ski out, and another kid had a glass beer bottle thrown at him. Crazy how ugly people have gotten around here now a days.

Jordan all ramps are closed. They started letting water out Friday. Only lake open around here is Harris. It's going to be an absolute shit show. Worse than 2020. I'm sitting this weekend out. If even a fraction of those that go to Jordan show up to Harris it'll be insane. That lake can't handle that many people. I took the ski out Wednesday to Harris and it was pretty busy. Had a guy yell at me about taking up 2 lanes when I got my ski out, and another kid had a glass beer bottle thrown at him. Crazy how ugly people have gotten around here now a days.
I'm pretty sure Falls lake has ramps open (only Hwy 50 and Rollingview are closed AFAIK)....we just can't easily get to our boat at the marina. We have a new owner who sent an email saying access is the docks is prohibited (which they've NEVER said before)...I've never bothered getting a kayak to paddle out there or wade across, but saying its prohibited is like waving a red flag to a bull! LOL Plus they turned off the power to the docks, so if I did take the boat out, I wouldn't be able to raise the lift again.

I'm pretty sure Falls lake has ramps open (only Hwy 50 and Rollingview are closed AFAIK)....we just can't easily get to our boat at the marina. We have a new owner who sent an email saying access is the docks is prohibited (which they've NEVER said before)...I've never bothered getting a kayak to paddle out there or wade across, but saying its prohibited is like waving a red flag to a bull! LOL Plus they turned off the power to the docks, so if I did take the boat out, I wouldn't be able to raise the lift again.
Our only day to get on the water is today, but looks pretty stormy. If it was clearer, we were planning on riding up to Kerr. Water is higher there, but not like Jordan. There will be plenty of opportunities to have something sneak into the intakes for some time with all the junk that will be in the water.

Our only day to get on the water is today, but looks pretty stormy. If it was clearer, we were planning on riding up to Kerr. Water is higher there, but not like Jordan. There will be plenty of opportunities to have something sneak into the intakes for some time with all the junk that will be in the water.
I'll be sticking to Harris and Gaston. Was business as usual and super clean at Harris the other day. Like nothing even happened. Taking the ski and boat to Gaston last week in August.

I'll be sticking to Harris and Gaston. Was business as usual and super clean at Harris the other day. Like nothing even happened. Taking the ski and boat to Gaston last week in August.
That should be a nice week. My family still prefers beach to lake, but I would love to have a place on a nice lake within driving distance. We spent a week on Baldhead recently. The gang wants to go again. Friend of mine drove his boat from SC to meet us there. Great fishing, but a 24 footer doesn't cut it out there most days, especially if you want to go 30-50 miles off shore.

Saw there was a sinking boat on falls lake yesterday, and all passengers were rescued.

Going to plan on a short work week this week and hopefully catch a nice day to get out .

That should be a nice week. My family still prefers beach to lake, but I would love to have a place on a nice lake within driving distance. We spent a week on Baldhead recently. The gang wants to go again. Friend of mine drove his boat from SC to meet us there. Great fishing, but a 24 footer doesn't cut it out there most days, especially if you want to go 30-50 miles off shore.

Saw there was a sinking boat on falls lake yesterday, and all passengers were rescued.

Going to plan on a short work week this week and hopefully catch a nice day to get out .
heard about the issue at Falls lake. Glad everyone was safe. My wife is more of a beach person, I tolerate it. We both grew up on the coast of NC and I'm not a huge fan of our beaches. I prefer crystal clear water and powder white sand.

So in other news...... I bought a lake house down in SC on Lake Murray. My son starts classes USC tomorrow so that's the main reason we selected that lake. Went down the weekend before last, got a lake tour by @Andy S and his wife. Such an awesome couple! The water is crystal clear (compared to Jordan), there are a bunch of restaurants, and it wasn't crowded.

My wife and I looked at 3 houses on Sunday, loved one of them and put in an offer that was accepted. So at some point I'll be moving my boat down there and probably won't be on the local lakes much, if any. If Jordan was cleaner, we probably wouldn't have bothered.... but we are just over getting in that water.

So in other news...... I bought a lake house down in SC on Lake Murray. My son starts classes USC tomorrow so that's the main reason we selected that lake. Went down the weekend before last, got a lake tour by @Andy S and his wife. Such an awesome couple! The water is crystal clear (compared to Jordan), there are a bunch of restaurants, and it wasn't crowded.

My wife and I looked at 3 houses on Sunday, loved one of them and put in an offer that was accepted. So at some point I'll be moving my boat down there and probably won't be on the local lakes much, if any. If Jordan was cleaner, we probably wouldn't have bothered.... but we are just over getting in that water.
Yup! Part of why I don't go there anymore. Every time we went I'd have to wash the scum line off my boat and it would turn anything white clothes wise brown. I'll stick to Harris and Gaston.

Congrats on your son and USC!

Enjoy the new lake! Re Jordan, does anyone have a better update than the red banner on the Jordan lake website saying ‘some accesses are closed and that means all day use’ ? I’d like to take the boat out this weekend but not if Harris and falls ramps will be jammed up…

Enjoy the new lake! Re Jordan, does anyone have a better update than the red banner on the Jordan lake website saying ‘some accesses are closed and that means all day use’ ? I’d like to take the boat out this weekend but not if Harris and falls ramps will be jammed up…
A lot of the ramps at Jordan are back open. Saw today quite a few are completely free of debris.

Looks like we'll need to have another Lake Murray gathering soon???

Congratulations!

Looks like we'll need to have another Lake Murray gathering soon???

Congratulations!
Heck yeah! If anyone is ever down that way, let me know.

To be clear, my primary home is still in Cary so we aren't moving there full time.

Back