• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
East side of Farrington bridge. Pulling boys on a 3 person tube

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
White jeep? Didn't go up 64 today, normally do but put in at the new hope ramp as I was meeting a buddy.
Ah ok must have been someone with a similar boat.

@Shookie did you notice me when I first got up there. I was towing that old fishing boat back to the ramp.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I gotta figure out how to put a jet boaters flag on my ski.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know what the little black bugs are? They were all over Falls. Almost look like ticks but they fly. Never seen them before. Do the other lake have them as well?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They are all over Jordan too. Look like ticks but don’t think they are
AF89B356-9D2E-420F-A78A-70A6BCFFDEDA.jpeg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m on Jordan right now if anyone is out and wants to say hello. F5E5DEF9-1D86-46B1-B968-F2D7E5AA2B49.png

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They seemed to be worse on the west side of 50. We had tons of them on the tube when we pulled it out of the water and the girls wouldnt even swim while i was deflating the tube. We have always been camping at Kerr this weekend in years past but i have never seen them before. Hope they are not around all year. Anyone see them up at Kerr?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Was out on Jordan for a while today. Didn't see 1 of those bugs..... good news!

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since I can drive my truck now we will be out tomorrow on Jordan. Not %100 sure if we will be on the ski or in the boat. The wife wants me to take her out on the ski if we can find a sitter otherwise we will be out with the boat and the kiddos.

On my way up to gaston with the ski today to swap trailers with the dealer. long story.. might stop at falls on the way back and explore a little bit.

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We'll hopefully be on Jordan tomorrow too. Bringing the neighbors, so hopefully they don't convince my wife to have us take them to Harris since it's like 5 mins from our house.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking for advice from you guys/girls with more experience than I have. We've got family visiting the next few days, I want to try to get everyone out to Jordan but my SX190 doesn't quite have the capacity for 6 adults and 5 kids at once. I'm trying to figure out if I can maybe get everyone to meet at a picnic area or a dock and take people out like 4 at a time? Seems like it could get boring quick for those left on shore. Are there beaches where I could maybe take everyone in a couple of trips and set up for the day? I'm not super familiar with the lake yet, I may do a scouting trip during the week on my own and see what I can find.

Short of buying a bigger boat (not because I wouldn't *want* to), any suggestions on getting several people out there and having an awesome time?