• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
what time? We were planning on heading there around 9, but if it's gonna be nuts......we'll pass and just do Harris again.
We went by just before 11 and it was completely packed. Parking was completely full and they were parking off on the grass. The guys at the gate said tomorrow was going to be nuts.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We went by just before 11 and it was completely packed. Parking was completely full and they were parking off on the grass. The guys at the gate said tomorrow was going to be nuts.
oh yeah, much warmer tomorrow. Well hopefully we'll be there before the nuthouse and hopefully we'll be getting out during a lull around 2ish. Get home, get the boats cleaned up and back to storage.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Drove by Barton Creek ramp last week and it was busier than I've ever seen it! Probably because so many of the state parks ramps are closed.

Not sure I'd want to even deal with that shit! It was worse than a holiday weekend.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The Kerr Lake website says it is. Hope so, as we are planning to knock the cob webs off there this morning. Also planning on checking out Satterwhite Marina, we have a cabin booked there later this summer. I am expecting crowds at the ramp, but I will let you guys know how it goes today.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man, reading about all of this I'm glad I've got access to the Crosswinds ramp! Got my boat all cleaned up and ready to go yesterday. Will be heading to Jordan soon. Have a few other boats/friends (regular folks, not jet owners) meeting up on the water.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Out on Jordan and man it’s nice, what a day! Had friends try a public ramp and said it was a shit show. Line was so long they made at least 50 trucks/trailers get out of line and leave. Glad I don’t have to deal with it

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do Not go to Barton Creek ramp! 3/4 mile backup just to get into the ramp area!!!!!

I am trying to get past the ramp and cant turn around....so stuck here! (Towing the boat to the marina)

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Had a great day on Jordan..... except for the fact that my drone decided to flip upside down and go straight into the lake. Thousand bucks sitting at the bottom of Jordan.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Jordan no doubt was a shit show. Got there around 9:30 and ramp was closed down at 10. Troopers there directing traffic and letting people in and out. Getting in took us about 30 mins or so. Getting out was actually a breeze since the ramp was essentially closed when we were trying to get out.

Tested out the new boats surf capabilities and it did really well without the ballasts all the way full and the wake booster.
IMG_1620.jpeg

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nutbush is open Mike. Diana and I have used it during the week in the past month and it was very quite.
We went straight to Nutbush boat ramp. It was fairly full, though no wait to launch, a little busy coming back. Beautiful day on the lake. One hour from the house, so 30 mins further than Jordan, but worth the trip. Light traffic on 85, easy drive. Wondering with the Covid closings if more people will head out during the week and avoid the weekends?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We went straight to Nutbush boat ramp. It was fairly full, though no wait to launch, a little busy coming back. Beautiful day on the lake. One hour from the house, so 30 mins further than Jordan, but worth the trip. Light traffic on 85, easy drive. Wondering with the Covid closings if more people will head out during the week and avoid the weekends?
How did u like Kerr @granpachuck ? How far did you go?

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How did u like Kerr @granpachuck ? How far did you go?
We love the lake. Went last year once towards the end of the season , and went a little more than halfway up and back, just checking out coves etc. Yesterday was our first day out this season, and I thought 1 engine cranked a bit slow, so only went from Nutbush to Satterwhite Marina, anchored in a cover across the way. Didnt want to be caught too far away in case we had to limp back. Definitely planning a longer ride, I remembered your post about going up to VA for lunch. Absolutely want to do that.
I love boating on Jordan, but Kerr is so big and open, has a completely different feel to it. Met another Jetboater, came over and was asking about our 242, great first day out.