• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Website says July 1, not June 1. I got excited there for a minute. Although reading that found out there's another ramp at Jordan that's open! Poe's Ridge......may have to check that out. Weather is looking iffy next weekend. Def not driving an hour away with a 40-50% chance of rain. Sucks!
Its a small ramp, 1 dock I think. We very often ski near there, very flat and protected from the wind. Never launched from there, and didn't realize it was Army Corp operated. From my house, 1 minute further that New Hope.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just checked... have 3 ramps to choose from now.

Robeson Creek boat ramp and canoe access
USACE Poes Ridge boat ramp
NCWRC Farrington Point boat ramp

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, that’s cold! Jordan was low/mid 70’s last week

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Its a small ramp, 1 dock I think. We very often ski near there, very flat and protected from the wind. Never launched from there, and didn't realize it was Army Corp operated. From my house, 1 minute further that New Hope.
Poes is actually 5 mins closer to my house. Gonna make a drive tomorrow and check out each ramp. Poes looks like it has 4 lanes, but only one with a dock. The Robeson one is good bit away, but only 2 lanes.

Last edited:

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You guys got me thinking..... I keep my boat at Crosswinds and as mentioned above, they have 4 ramps and it's easy to get in and out. It's closed to the public though. They have concierge service but its limited right now because they don't have as many folks working there right now. Last Saturday I showed up at the lake around 11am and put my boat in right away. Had a friend try the one public ramp that is open (I forget which one) and there was a huge backup and he got turned away.

I really want to try Kerr. Trying to convince my wife to trailer an hour away and try a new lake vs having our boat in the water in a couple minutes.

You guys have kids? That might make the difference..... I've got a 16 year old daughter and 2 boys (13 and 9).
I was these two days last weekend. We had a great time. Plenty of space. Only issue was we got there a little before noon. The ramp was slammed all the way through the parking lot and down the road. Was crazy but we were able to still get in the lake.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fully planning on taking a half day on Friday and getting the ski out.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ll be out Jordan all day Saturday if anyone else is out. Have friends with a pontoon and a Chap that we are meeting up with. Will most likely find a quiet cove to hang out

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ll be out Jordan all day Saturday if anyone else is out. Have friends with a pontoon and a Chap that we are meeting up with. Will most likely find a quiet cove to hang out
We're going to attempt to see how bad the crowds are on Sat. Not looking forward to it, that's for sure. Hopefully with the beaches open that people will head down there instead.......doubtful. Gonna try and get out early.

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We're heading up to Kerr Saturday morning

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
How bad was it the last time you were up there, and what time did you get there?
We went two weeks ago on Sunday to the Nutbush Area 2 ramp. Got there around 10:30am and parking lot was only about 1/4 full. We pulled out around 3pm, parking lot was full but there was still room in an overflow area. Ramps were no problem either time.

We hung out in a cove towards the VA border - had lunch and wake surfed. I'm pretty sure the picture below is the right place. Water temp was 68 and pretty flat. It was also a great place for all of us to get a feel on driving & handling the boat (life jacket in the water, etc.). Figured out how to spin the boat -- we had fun with that!

IMG_D5A58EB57F05-1.jpeg

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We went two weeks ago on Sunday to the Nutbush Area 2 ramp. Got there around 10:30am and parking lot was only about 1/4 full. We pulled out around 3pm, parking lot was full but there was still room in an overflow area. Ramps were no problem either time.

We hung out in a cove towards the VA border - had lunch and wake surfed. I'm pretty sure the picture below is the right place. Water temp was 68 and pretty flat. It was also a great place for all of us to get a feel on driving & handling the boat (life jacket in the water, etc.). Figured out how to spin the boat -- we had fun with that!

View attachment 118935
Oops -- It was Area 1 at Nutbush, not Area 2

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I imagine this weekend will be jammed, just about any where. Predict we'll see July 4th on crack levels tomorrow.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We're heading up to Kerr Saturday morning
I think me and @bronze_10 are planning for Kerr Saturday as well. May be too cold to get in the water but looking to ride a bit and blow out the winter cobwebs. And then find a cove to chill and drink a beer 🍺

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wherever I end up Saturday, I’ll send something on Saturday on my location