• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will be out from 10:30 through the afternoon. Will be loaded with kids and friends

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I should be on the water by 11:30

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wife and baby are now sick.....lovely. I'm still not 100% anyways.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Are we doing another meet up in August before school starts? I was there at Falls Lake in either 2017 or 2018. Would like to do it again.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Went to Emerald Isle Saturday then Jordan Sunday afternoon. Couldn't even get into Seaforth to launch...they were full. Went to Ebenezer Church and launched there. Very crowded yesterday. But had a great time!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Went to Emerald Isle Saturday then Jordan Sunday afternoon. Couldn't even get into Seaforth to launch...they were full. Went to Ebenezer Church and launched there. Very crowded yesterday. But had a great time!
Yeah....Fathers Day is always a busy boating day. Falls was busy.

If any of you are ever on Falls, check the bay below as this is where the group I've been hanging with has been rafting up most of the time -you have to go all the way to the far back right corner of this finger. The other spot we hang out at is where the F of "Falls Lake State Recreation Area" is written:

1655738323393.png

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We were out Sunday as well. I avoid Seaforth and Ebenezer on weekends. Always busy because of the beach area at both. New Hope was not bad at all yesterday. It seems I run into more inexperienced/ inconsiderate boaters at Seaforth . When ever I think about times people pulled up to the ramp, backed partway down, then started boat prepping, its almost always Seaforth.
Due to the wind yesterday, we shot over to the cove that backs up to 64 and hauled the grands around on the tube. They had a blast, really nice day yesterday.

Attachments

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

If any of you are ever on Falls, check the bay below as this is where the group I've been hanging with has been rafting up most of the time -you have to go all the way to the far back right corner of this finger. The other spot we hang out at is where the F of "Falls Lake State Recreation Area" is written:

View attachment 180810
We joined you guys a few years ago when you had the last meetup there. Had a great day.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

View attachment 180810

My wife's been wanting to take a trip up to Falls Lake. It's a bit of a drive for us from Harnett county, but not too bad. Harris is the closest, followed by Jordan. Here's a couple pics from saturday. EI3.jpg

EI10.jpg

EI5.jpg

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We were out Sunday as well. I avoid Seaforth and Ebenezer on weekends. Always busy because of the beach area at both. New Hope was not bad at all yesterday. It seems I run into more inexperienced/ inconsiderate boaters at Seaforth . When ever I think about times people pulled up to the ramp, backed partway down, then started boat prepping, its almost always Seaforth.
Due to the wind yesterday, we shot over to the cove that backs up to 64 and hauled the grands around on the tube. They had a blast, really nice day yesterday.
I'll have to look at New Hope. I know there's a bunch of different boat launches. Yesterday was only our 2nd time at Jordan lake.

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 180810
When I go to Falls Lake I like to this cove here. I was there on the 30th. DA55950D-EF14-4613-B4A8-1BCA8734E34F.jpegDA55950D-EF14-4613-B4A8-1BCA8734E34F.jpeg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What ramp do you use out at EI? I grew up down there, but the ramps I used to use I wouldn't dare put my boat in at. LOL! Or I would use the ramp at my parents, but man that's a haul as it's in Jacksonville off the New River. Also not sure I'd make it under one of the bridges there, even with my tower down.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What ramp do you use out at EI? I grew up down there, but the ramps I used to use I wouldn't dare put my boat in at. LOL! Or I would use the ramp at my parents, but man that's a haul as it's in Jacksonville off the New River. Also not sure I'd make it under one of the bridges there, even with my tower down.
I used the public ramp right on Emerald Isle. Its a nice ramp, a tad busy, but plenty of parking.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I used the public ramp right on Emerald Isle. Its a nice ramp, a tad busy, but plenty of parking.
the one after the fire station by the church? Or there used to be a church right by there anyways.

Oh dang just looked at it on google maps. I swore there used to be 2 churches there, but now looks like it's a park and massive parking lot.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
the one after the fire station by the church? Or there used to be a church right by there anyways.

Oh dang just looked at it on google maps. I swore there used to be 2 churches there, but now looks like it's a park and massive parking lot.
It was my first time there...but yea a small park and big parking lot.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It was my first time there...but yea a small park and big parking lot.
That ramp has been there forever, but never used it as it was super shallow. How was it navigating out to the main channel? Was it marked? I could see it getting busy and clogged with that channel in there and at the ramp. How bad was it getting in/out? Wife has been wanting to take our boat down to my parents house down there, but our ramp options to get out to the sandbars I used to hang out at are limited, or I wouldn't dare put my boat in at. That mud there could be littered with oyster beds. Was no big deal in HS when I ran those waters nearly every day and knew them well.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That ramp has been there forever, but never used it as it was super shallow. How was it navigating out to the main channel? Was it marked? I could see it getting busy and clogged with that channel in there and at the ramp. How bad was it getting in/out? Wife has been wanting to take our boat down to my parents house down there, but our ramp options to get out to the sandbars I used to hang out at are limited, or I wouldn't dare put my boat in at. That mud there could be littered with oyster beds. Was no big deal in HS when I ran those waters nearly every day and knew them well.
The channel is marked really well. It does zig zag a bit leaving the main lane into the ramp, but was well marked. We came back right at low tide and had no issues at all. There was other boat traffic, but nothing unmanageable.