• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing the trim on our "storage closet" door opening

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got the final invoice in the mail yesterday which had shipping charges on it (and probably taxes too since I'm in ca). The total for me was somewhere in the $17 range including everything.

ratchetdu

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Took the time yesterday and piece is installed. Super easy and looks great. The thought of not getting sticky gooey stuff on anything or myself is awesome...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it's just beautiful ! You didn't mention how easy the installation of the new strip was,

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian looks great. Thanks again for the heads up on where & which on to buy.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Putting on the new strip was SIMPLE! Where the fiber glass was a little thicker I gently used a rubber mallet, but that was really overkill.....but I was expecting it to be harder so I had it there.....simple...really simple!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Just ordered mine as well. So, no glue for this strip? The metal edge holds it in place?

Thanks

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just ordered mine as well. So, no glue for this strip? The metal edge holds it in place?

Thanks
I installed mine 2 weekends ago...press into place.. Only snag I had was my cutting tool wasnt sharp enough to make a clean cut thru the metal band.....easily corrected.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
well then, this is a must......
Thanks!:winkingthumbsup"

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did the clean up job like the OP. GooGone and alcohol to prep the surfaces. I kept the Yamaha stock trim that took a while to clean the inside of the messy glue. I nearly filled the inside of the Yamaha trim, pushed it in place around the door opening, and taped it with blue masking tape to hold it in place. It's been holding up for 2 years so far.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@justason I got the info off of another site a while back for the engine hatch seal. It worked very well. A bit thicker than the OEM and seemed to seal up better.

McMaster Carr p/n 93085k13 it is a 1/2" x 1/2" foam rubber seal with adhesive back. Cost is $0.66 a foot. I ordered 20 ft and had some left over.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@justason I got the info off of another site a while back for the engine hatch seal. It worked very well. A bit thicker than the OEM and seemed to seal up better.

McMaster Carr p/n 93085k13 it is a 1/2" x 1/2" foam rubber seal with adhesive back. Cost is $0.66 a foot. I ordered 20 ft and had some left over.
Thanks for the lead @waterboy I'm surprised at the adhesive back vs a slot captivating the rough fiberglass edge. Did you adhere it to the hatch or the boat?

upload_2014-5-22_14-46-13.png

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The original was very similar to this and was installed "on the boat" and not the hatch. Removed it, cleaned up residual adhesive, and stuck it back down. Pay close attention to where the hatch actually contacts the boat as I recall some areas were not obvious and you could end up with gaps.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
just ordered the new molding yesterday and it arrived today via UPS ground. Now I can get all of my little boat projects done this weekend.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
just ordered the new molding yesterday and it arrived today via UPS ground. Now I can get all of my little boat projects done this weekend.

the guy with the group therapy avatar says "Now I can get all of my little boat projects done this weekend"
I keep saying I'm going to dig that ditch thru the solid NC clay.....2 beers later...it can wait till the rain softens it up.....

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
the guy with the group therapy avatar says "Now I can get all of my little boat projects done this weekend"
I keep saying I'm going to dig that ditch thru the solid NC clay.....2 beers later...it can wait till the rain softens it up.....
It's good to have goals right? :D