• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rod Holders

claiton26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also have the Dolphin rod holders. They work great and look good on my boat.

lildrummer41

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got some new fishing rods and needed to expand my rod holder count beyond the 3 tower mounted ones, so I decided to go with a couple of flush mounts. I think these will be good if I decide to do any trolling etc., and can also use them for grills or other toys. The fiberglass is surprisingly thick back there. I wasn't expecting that, but they are nice and sturdy. It's probably close to 3/4". One weird thing happened during the install. I was squeezing silicone out around the opening and screw holes and the tube blew out the back. That was a huge mess, but luckily the silicone job was done. Overall, it was an easy install and I'm glad I did it. I'll test them out this weekend when I go pike and walleye fishing Saturday.
View attachment 56485 View attachment 56486 View attachment 56487 View attachment 56488
are those sealed on the bottom, and if not how did you run drainage from them

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
are those sealed on the bottom, and if not how did you run drainage from them
No, they are open on the bottom with just a rail across to stop the rod handle. They have rubber caps that are water tight so I didn't run drainage.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I got some new fishing rods and needed to expand my rod holder count beyond the 3 tower mounted ones, so I decided to go with a couple of flush mounts. I think these will be good if I decide to do any trolling etc., and can also use them for grills or other toys. The fiberglass is surprisingly thick back there. I wasn't expecting that, but they are nice and sturdy. It's probably close to 3/4". One weird thing happened during the install. I was squeezing silicone out around the opening and screw holes and the tube blew out the back. That was a huge mess, but luckily the silicone job was done. Overall, it was an easy install and I'm glad I did it. I'll test them out this weekend when I go pike and walleye fishing Saturday.
View attachment 56485 View attachment 56486 View attachment 56487 View attachment 56488
Mine are in an nearly identical location. I think mine are 30 degree and 15 would likely be better.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Posted photos of the rod holders I installed in the gunnel in this thread (copied here also). If you look closely you will notice that on one side I didn't use their rubber "washer" as it was just too thick and made the whole rod holder fit poorly. I will remove it from the one side soon.

surfthemtn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Made them work!!! It took a few different ideas but by plan F or maybe G I came up with this! Just had to use both rubber spacers and modify the thin one to fit inside the thick. I like the look. Will def be taking the rods out if the clouds get dark ⛈ added bonus no possible way to get the surf rope tangled up!!

Attachments

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I used the same as @Julian but went with the 15 degree instead. I kept the rubber gasket on them to help hide the fact that the gunnel wasn't completely flat where I mounted them. I got two on the bimini frame as well for when we're not using them to keep them out of the way and use these to hold the rods when we're chilling on the back deck fishing and drinking beer. :D

IMG_5324.JPG IMG_5327.JPG IMG_5326.JPG IMG_5330.JPG

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally got around to installing some rod holders.....Measure twice, cut once ;)

IMG_1341.JPG

surfthemtn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice install @Rainmakr. I haven't had the balls to drill thru the glass yet to put in any flush mounts! Gotta let the new wear off first.

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice install @Rainmakr. I haven't had the balls to drill thru the glass yet to put in any flush mounts! Gotta let the new wear off first.
Thanks! I must have checked 15 times that no wires or anything would get hit. :) I was able to use them last weekend and they worked great.

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
does anyone know if these dolphin rod holders would fit well on a 2018 ar190 tower?

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I believe so. If I’m not mistaken the tube size for the tower is 1 7/8” which is the same as the AR240 you saw with these mounts in earlier pictures. The Dolphin rod holder works for 1 1/5” - 2” per the Amazon description.

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe so. If I’m not mistaken the tube size for the tower is 1 7/8” which is the same as the AR240 you saw with these mounts in earlier pictures. The Dolphin rod holder works for 1 1/5” - 2” per the Amazon description.
Andy did you need to do any modification to get it to fit suggly there on the back rail?

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Andy did you need to do any modification to get it to fit suggly there on the back rail?
I didn’t use the Dolphin holders. I have an e-series and the tubes are bigger than the AR240 so I had to go with a different brand. @robert843 had these on his boat and may be able to shed some light.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

DmaxMike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I used the same as @Julian but went with the 15 degree instead. I kept the rubber gasket on them to help hide the fact that the gunnel wasn't completely flat where I mounted them. I got two on the bimini frame as well for when we're not using them to keep them out of the way and use these to hold the rods when we're chilling on the back deck fishing and drinking beer. :D

View attachment 64711 View attachment 64712 View attachment 64713 View attachment 64714

do you think 30 degrees would have been better for trolling? Thanks