• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sea Keeper Ride

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My friend sent me this video on the Sea Keeper Ride system Pretty impressive.

A customer of mine traded in his 2022 255fsh for a 2025 255 with the helmmaster Says its amazing he added the seakeeper gyro stabilizer and the seakeeper ride. In the spring when he is back in town he is taking me out on it. I cant wait

A customer of mine traded in his 2022 255fsh for a 2025 255 with the helmmaster Says its amazing he added the seakeeper gyro stabilizer and the seakeeper ride. In the spring when he is back in town he is taking me out on it. I cant wait
I sold my 2022 210FSH and bought a 2024 255FSH Sport H. I added Ride. The 255 rides a lot smoother and dryer than the 210 did even without the Ride active. With the ride active, the boat rides smooth and level with no heeling into cross winds. You will be impressed with the Ride performance.

Two thoughts......

(1) This look expensive.
(2) Does it work on "little" boats like my 190?

Two thoughts......

(1) This look expensive.
(2) Does it work on "little" boats like my 190?
Definitely not worth it on smaller boats. To benefit from them you need some weight behind them i would think.

JBP has a install video, they say it will work with 210's but not the 19' zipwake is half the price of the of the seakeeper ride with similar results I hear.

My friend sent me this video on the Sea Keeper Ride system Pretty impressive.

I installed RIDE on my 252 FSH I have in Baja. The only water this boat has ever floated in is the Sea of Cortez.

Rounded up all the parts and supplies and took them down. It was a couple days worth of work, but soooo worth it.

It really makes for a much nicer ride in moderate to rough conditions.

I have lost track of how many times I've reached up and turned it off to demonstrate the difference, only to have the person reaching towards the dash to turn it back on!

Game changer is way overused these days, but these really are a game changer in my opinion.

Ya'll remember the line in Pinocchio where he says "I'm a real boy now!"
Well, my boat says "I'm a real boat now!" In my best Pinocchio voice impression everything I turn them on, lol.

I installed RIDE on my 252 FSH I have in Baja. The only water this boat has ever floated in is the Sea of Cortez.

Rounded up all the parts and supplies and took them down. It was a couple days worth of work, but soooo worth it.

It really makes for a much nicer ride in moderate to rough conditions.

I have lost track of how many times I've reached up and turned it off to demonstrate the difference, only to have the person reaching towards the dash to turn it back on!

Game changer is way overused these days, but these really are a game changer in my opinion.

Ya'll remember the line in Pinocchio where he says "I'm a real boy now!"
Well, my boat says "I'm a real boat now!" In my best Pinocchio voice impression everything I turn them on, lol.
Thanks for the first hand real world account of their effectiveness!

In the vid I linked above on the 21’ Sportsman cc the results are pretty amazing how well that boat rides in the rougher conditions. But unlike trim tabs the bow of the boat doesn’t get buried.

Thanks for the first hand real world account of their effectiveness!

In the vid I linked above on the 21’ Sportsman cc the results are pretty amazing how well that boat rides in the rougher conditions. But unlike trim tabs the bow of the boat doesn’t get buried.

It looks like the only Ride version that'll fit your boat is the 450, for $4500. Is that the price installed, or just the cost of the unit itself, and installation is extra? That seems like it would have turned your day on Lake Michigan into a multiple hour fun excursion with the way it definitively affected the movement of the boat in the video.

Not sure how much your prescription meclazine runs, but this system seems like it'd eliminate that cost for you, or at least allow you to drop to an OTC version that could be easily obtained. The cost of NOT having to dose your system seems like it'd be priceless, for as much as you're affected!

Also, when is your installation appointment scheduled? 😜

It looks like the only Ride version that'll fit your boat is the 450, for $4500. Is that the price installed, or just the cost of the unit itself, and installation is extra? That seems like it would have turned your day on Lake Michigan into a multiple hour fun excursion with the way it definitively affected the movement of the boat in the video.

Not sure how much your prescription meclazine runs, but this system seems like it'd eliminate that cost for you, or at least allow you to drop to an OTC version that could be easily obtained. The cost of NOT having to dose your system seems like it'd be priceless, for as much as you're affected!

Also, when is your installation appointment scheduled? 😜
The units themselves can be found for right at $4K, installation is either extra or a couple of days in the shop like @Bugslayer did. Sadly that system wouldn’t help at trolling speed. Now then a sea keeper 3 would help at trolling speed which is what @Neutron ‘s customer put in his FSH 255 H which I’m sure would even out those rumpty days on the water.

@drewkaree is eluding to my day on Lake Michigan salmon fishing and I got pretty sea sick, if not for the meclazine I would have been painting the deck for sure. At daybreak (0600 hrs) the conditions weren’t too bad but conditions steadily deteriorated towards the small craft advisory much later in the day (1600 hrs) I had planned on being off the water by 1300 hrs. A few vids I took since I wasn’t busy reeling in fish lol!

If the movement was just in one direction I don’t think it would have bothered me so bad but that snap rolling back forth was more than my vestibular system could take. Too bad I didn’t have one of those glassy days like @Cleveland Steamer shows pictures of.

Last edited:
The units themselves can be found for right at $4K, installation is either extra or a couple of days in the shop like @Bugslayer did. Sadly that system wouldn’t help at trolling speed. Now then a sea keeper 3 would help at trolling speed which is what @Neutron ‘s customer put in his FSH 255 H which I’m sure would even out those rumpty days on the water.

@drewkaree is eluding to my day on Lake Michigan salmon fishing and I got pretty sea sick, if not for the meclazine I would have been painting the deck for sure. At daybreak (0600 hrs) the conditions weren’t too bad but conditions steadily deteriorated towards the small craft advisory much later in the day (1600 hrs) I had planned on being off the water by 1300 hrs. A few vids I took since I wasn’t busy reeling in fish lol!

If the movement was just in one direction I don’t think it would have bothered me so bad but that snap rolling back forth was more than my vestibular system could take. Too bad I didn’t have one of those glassy days like @Cleveland Steamer shows pictures of.
Have you tried Zentrip for motion sickness?
They used to have it available in a strip. Kinda like the old listerene breath strips.
Works great for me on the days I needed them.
Can't find the strips, but ordered the tablets.

I'm used to be very sensitive to motion sickness.
So much so, back when I raced gokarts I threw up in my helmet once!

Have you tried Zentrip for motion sickness?
They used to have it available in a strip. Kinda like the old listerene breath strips.
Works great for me on the days I needed them.
Can't find the strips, but ordered the tablets.

I'm used to be very sensitive to motion sickness.
So much so, back when I raced gokarts I threw up in my helmet once!
I’ve never heard of that stuff before, I will definitely look into it! On my trip last week to Lake Oahe there was conditions a lot like those on Lake Michigan, my doc gave me a RX for Scopolamine patches, I felt dopey and my vision was a little blurry reading fine print=common side effects, but they worked really well, on the way out one day the deck was rolling like in the video I posted of LM, even worse actually took a couple of waves over the bow, and I was sitting on the deck with my head down making up lines and I felt no motion sickness at all.

I’m sure if I was exposed to those conditions more often it wouldn’t bother me, when I first started flying aerobatics I got sick the first time up, then each time after it got less and less and by the 6th lesson there was nothing. I kept thinking of that scene in Jaws where Roy Shriders character says “we’re going to need a bigger boat”. All the other boats I saw out there that day on Lake Michigan were at least 28-30’ long and had a much wider beam than my boat, no other boats that I could see were in the 210 FSH size range. Cruising in those conditions was fine, it was just trolling that had me bobbing around like a cork in a bucket.

Here is the 2 videos I mentioned earier

The underwater lights were in the way and were relocated. Unlike JBP, my installer sealed the holes where the underwater lights were previously located.

The underwater lights were in the way and were relocated. Unlike JBP, my installer sealed the holes where the underwater lights were previously located.
Something when I did my installation. Little bit of fiberglass work and then move on to the fun part of the installation.

It sounds like you are just as happy with the Ride system as I am.
It opens up so many more days that I can be comfortable on the water.

Something when I did my installation. Little bit of fiberglass work and then move on to the fun part of the installation.

It sounds like you are just as happy with the Ride system as I am.
It opens up so many more days that I can be comfortable on the water.

What would say is the minimum speed that you need to be going for this ride system to have some affect on the boats ride?

Back