• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We took the Yamaha to her favorite beach today, Thayer Beach in Colchester. A 180° panoramic from the bow. One other Yamaha in the picture to the far right.

20190713_182451.jpg

Just a reminder...Just before I backed her down the ramp, I did a walk around the whole boat to make sure she was ready to go. I did find 3 of the 4 water pilots (pissers) plugged by mud dobber wasps, again. I quickly extracted a long tie wrap from the tool kit I keep on board and reamed it up in there to clear them out. She ran great all day. Love quick fixes and low maintenance. Glad I found it on land, during the final check, than after an over heat warning while on the water.

The video of the pic.

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
How do you like it we're looking to trade in our Lexus for one of those in the beginning of the year.
I've been wanting a Tesla since day one. I purchased a 2012 Chevy Volt and then traded that in for a 2015 Chevy Volt. Absolutely loved the Volt. Really got used to not buying gas (for commuting to work anyways). Appreciated plugging it in every night. I traded in the Volt for a 2018 Model 3 (Performance) with 7500 miles on it. Purchased it out of state (whole process to about a week). This car is insane. That's the best word to describe to acceleration (got it up to 152 last night). Driving is a blast; take one for a test drive. You'll love it. Still enjoying the learning curve of the touch screen but I just want to drive it. Thanks for asking.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've always wondered what the increase would be for the monthly electric bill, do you mind sharing? What's your commute, as well, mileage and time wise

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No, she is not a jetboat...but flying the forum flag anyway on the Beneteau.

20190714_161649.jpg
20190714_141618.jpg

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've always wondered what the increase would be for the monthly electric bill, do you mind sharing? What's your commute, as well, mileage and time wise
Not OP, but I've have a model S for 2 years now. Honestly I didn't notice a jump in power bill, so it can't be that bad. It beats putting gas in (I still have a minivan). My commute is 10-20 miles depending on the day. Half of it on the highway. Autopilot is clutch, even on city streets. Takes a lot of the stress out of driving, a God send for stop and go traffic (Atlanta)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Like @tabbibus mentioned, I did not notice a difference. A lot of people asked that when I bought the Volt. It may have gone up $5 but that's nothing especially compared with the AC unit (last house was a 5-ton unit, this house has a 3-ton)

Commute to work and back is 25 miles (perfect for the range of the Volt). Time wise it's 17 minutes in the morning and 20 going home.

I honestly feel this is the wave of the future. Tesla has set a very high standard and got a huge jump on everyone. Now everyone is playing catch-up. I am honored to be a part of the Tesla family.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Like @tabbibus mentioned, I did not notice a difference. A lot of people asked that when I bought the Volt. It may have gone up $5 but that's nothing especially compared with the AC unit (last house was a 5-ton unit, this house has a 3-ton)

Commute to work and back is 25 miles (perfect for the range of the Volt). Time wise it's 17 minutes in the morning and 20 going home.

I honestly feel this is the wave of the future. Tesla has set a very high standard and got a huge jump on everyone. Now everyone is playing catch-up. I am honored to be a part of the Tesla family.
What's the longest road trip you've done?

I went to Amelia Island (about 360ish miles) and also have gone to Disney (460ish miles). What sets Tesla apart is the supercharging network.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
What's the longest road trip you've done?

I went to Amelia Island (about 360ish miles) and also have gone to Disney (460ish miles). What sets Tesla apart is the supercharging network.
LOL, longest road trip in the Tesla? about 35 miles. Just got it Thursday night. The Volt? About 3500 miles (up to New England). In about 3 weeks I'm planning to visit my son in Atlanta. That'll be fun.

I do know of a Wawa nearby that has Tesla charging. I'll check it out. My type 2 wall charger charges at 24 miles/hour which is perfect for now.

Which model S do you have?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Clearing a railroad bridge in the mouth of Meramec hitting Mississippi... by about 6", lol.
Boy, was it close!
(yes, I approached it in reverse, to minimize the risk of the current sucking me in if it would had been determined a no go at the last second; been clearing this bridge for years, but never that close!)

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Behold the power of the Coaster!

Here's a sneak preview of an experiment we started. To discover the true surfing and coasting potential of the Slingshot Coaster.

Boat - 2016 AR240
Board - 2019 Coaster 5'0" (not the 5'3")
Ballast - Integrated aftermarke Equivalent to stock 242x. 500 lb rear surfside under seat ballast 100% folded. NO OTHER BALLAST.
Human ballast - Wife/driver and ~30lb 5 year old
Shaper - Wake Wedge. Installed, but left at fully raised during riding
GPS Speed Control - Hydrophase Ridesteady, system was taken off engine sync so throttles could be offset.
Speed - 9.8 MPH

Full video will post tomorrow.
20190714_160207_1_1.gif
I could even mess around for a bit too.
20190714_154730_1.gif

Edit: I failed to mention this was on 1/3 tank of fuel.

Last edited:

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oyster bay cove, New York. The waterside homes are amazing.

Attachments

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Here's a sneak preview of an experiment we started. To discover the true surfing and coasting potential of the Slingshot Coaster.

Boat - 2016 AR240
Ballast - Integrated aftermarke Equivalent to stock 242x. 500 lb rear surfside under seat ballast 100% folded. NO OTHER BALLAST.
GPS Speed Control - Hydrophase Ridesteady, system was taken off engine sync so throttles could be offset.
Speed - 9.8 MPH

View attachment 99892
I could even mess around fir a bit too.
View attachment 99893
Love the idea. That's nuts, especially with the smaller size.
So, if the experiment works - it'll indicate there is basically no better board for a crappy wake, right? If I understand it correctly.

--

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Boat - 2016 AR240
Speed - 9.8 MPH

View attachment 99892
I could even mess around fir a bit too.
View attachment 99893
Do you think this board can go ropeless on my AR192, maybe with the 550lb ballast bag from gantlin? I weigh only 160lbs

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you think this board can go ropeless on my AR192, maybe with the 550lb ballast bag from gantlin? I weigh only 160lbs
Good question.
Also - would this be a great board for kids?

It looks like @J-RAD could go ropeless w/this thing behind a jon boat, lol. :cool:

---

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Edited the post to also include that we had 1/3 tank of fuel. I thought that might be relevant.

Love the idea. That's nuts, especially with the smaller size.
So, if the experiment works - it'll indicate there is basically no better board for a crappy wake, right? If I understand it correctly.

--
I mean... it worked. I'm not going to not say it's not the best board for a small "crappy" wake... 😉 was that a triple negative statement? 🤔

It might not be a one board solution, but this one worked. I dare say that this board is going to give the average rider the best chance of going ropeless. There are variables to consider, for instance, not every one is 190 lbs, etc... but, assuming I'm average... maybe I'm not?

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Business trip to the Amalfi Coast Italy last week. Boating there looks like absolute chaos.

Attachments