• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Behold the power of the Coaster!

Here's a sneak preview of an experiment we started. To discover the true surfing and coasting potential of the Slingshot Coaster.

Boat - 2016 AR240
Board - 2019 Coaster 5'0" (not the 5'3")
Ballast - Integrated aftermarke Equivalent to stock 242x. 500 lb rear surfside under seat ballast 100% folded. NO OTHER BALLAST.
Human ballast - Wife/driver and ~30lb 5 year old
Shaper - Wake Wedge. Installed, but left at fully raised during riding
GPS Speed Control - Hydrophase Ridesteady, system was taken off engine sync so throttles could be offset.
Speed - 9.8 MPH

Full video will post tomorrow.
View attachment 99892
I could even mess around for a bit too.
View attachment 99893

Edit: I failed to mention this was on 1/3 tank of fuel.

I think it's important to mention that the lake he's doing this in is like 8 - 11' deep, which makes a huge difference on the size of the wake (shallow areas typically have a smaller wake).

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you think this board can go ropeless on my AR192, maybe with the 550lb ballast bag from gantlin? I weigh only 160lbs
I think the Coaster 5'0" would be the ideal choice for you. Especially with a little ballast. It really is about finding that sweet spot of position on the board, wave/boat speed, and finding the push from the pocket. I'm confident you could do it. Message me and I can shoot you a discount code when you're ready.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it's important to mention that the lake he's doing this in is like 8 - 11' deep, which makes a huge difference on the size of the wake (shallow areas typically have a smaller wake).
True. All my testing so far this year has been on Utah Lake in about 11ft of water.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Grabbed a pic of both the wake and screen before I got in the board.
20190714_153543-01.jpeg

20190714_153533-01.jpeg

You can see my RPM offset, speed, water depth and fuel. Also performing a gradual turn surf side.

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Kate (my wife) went to Providence College.
All she talks about, lol.

--
Cool! My wife graduated HS from Mount Saint Charles Academy and then URI. I met her 2 weeks before I was scheduled to move down here to Florida. We're big Pats and Sox fans. My son now lives in Boston. My wife misses the North; I don't. 😎

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Behold the power of the Coaster!

Here's a sneak preview of an experiment we started. To discover the true surfing and coasting potential of the Slingshot Coaster.

Boat - 2016 AR240
Board - 2019 Coaster 5'0" (not the 5'3")
Ballast - Integrated aftermarke Equivalent to stock 242x. 500 lb rear surfside under seat ballast 100% folded. NO OTHER BALLAST.
Human ballast - Wife/driver and ~30lb 5 year old
Shaper - Wake Wedge. Installed, but left at fully raised during riding
GPS Speed Control - Hydrophase Ridesteady, system was taken off engine sync so throttles could be offset.
Speed - 9.8 MPH

Full video will post tomorrow.
View attachment 99892
I could even mess around for a bit too.
View attachment 99893

Edit: I failed to mention this was on 1/3 tank of fuel.
Here's the full video and results of my "stock" surfing setup test with the Coaster:

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool! My wife graduated HS from Mount Saint Charles Academy and then URI. I met her 2 weeks before I was scheduled to move down here to Florida. We're big Pats and Sox fans. My son now lives in Boston. My wife misses the North; I don't. 😎
I was born in Mass and lived and worked in RI for years.As soon as wife can retire it's off to Sarasota.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I will play the "Six degrees of Separation" from Rhode Island. I was also born in Ma. But I lived in Bristol, RI and attended "Roger Dodger Daycare Center" AKA Roger Williams College, now a University, in the late 70's, early 80's. Right next to the Mount Hope Bridge. Spent many weekends around the marinas/bars in Newport.

Last edited:

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will play the "Six degrees of Separation" from Rhode Island. I was also born in Ma. But I lived in Bristol, RI and attended "Roger Dodger Daycare Center" AKA Roger Williams College, now a University, in the late 70's, early 80's. Right next to the Mount Hope Bridge. Spent many weekends around the marinas/bars in Newport.
More like three degrees of seperation. I graduated from Roger Williams in like 97, went nights. The world gets smaller.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Raise your hand if you've been to an island with a rode. 🙋‍♂️

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Funny you mentioned Newport. I love Newport. Always took the Mount Hope bridge there (Newport bridge was out of the way). My father lived there for several years. I proposed to my wife on Goat island in 1989. Do you remember the Tall Ships visiting? Did you take any tours of the Newport Mansions. Love 2nd Beach. Good times...thanks for bringing that up. Rhode Island: biggest little state in the union.