• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Twas supposed to be mid-80's today, but it didn't really start to turn until we were on our way back home - weather finally made us stop for dinner (prime rib) once the sun decided to stick around for us. It wasn't a boat day, but we were within a stone's throw of the river the whole time

IMG_20200815_171734618.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 1187 broke down yesterday so it was time to clean and figure it out, feed latch spring had come out of place

2 weeks until dove season so it was better to happen now

20200816_100944.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Daughter had to use the emergency potty for #2... guess who’s stuck cleaning this poop now

554653D6-9797-471F-865D-D642E5E0DB5B.jpeg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 1187 broke down yesterday so it was time to clean and figure it out, feed latch spring had come out of place

2 weeks until dove season so it was better to happen now

View attachment 130527
I’m an 1100 hound. Love that gun. Own 3 of them. I learned a long time ago if I’m dove or duck Hunting to always keep a few of those little o-rings in my gun case. That gun is a work horse but a cut o-ring will bring your hunt to an end quick.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Daughter had to use the emergency potty for #2... guess who’s stuck cleaning this poop now

View attachment 130570
I had 3 people use mine over our overnight the past 2 days. Thanks for reminding me I need to get it out and deal with it. 🤮

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

View attachment 130570
Also from experience, when you move the bottom half of the head/toilet to dump it, keep it level. The seal from the top to the bottom (Big round white cover plate) or the vent seals (small round cover plates) are not as secure/liquid and solid waste tight as any user/mover would like.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Also from experience, when you move the bottom half of the head/toilet to dump it, keep it level. The seal from the top to the bottom (Big round white cover plate) or the vent seals (small round cover plates) are not as secure/liquid and solid waste tight as any user/mover would like.
True story. Don’t ask me how I know. Also, poop is really hard to get out. Had to fill and dump many times. But hey. At least we got to stay out in the water longer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
True story. Don’t ask me how I know. Also, poop is really hard to get out. Had to fill and dump many times. But hey. At least we got to stay out in the water longer.
Ewww, that’s TMI. I wish there was an emoticon for that. If you are not already using the powder that you are supposed to add to the waste water tank, do it, it is supposed to do a good job of breaking the solids down into a semi solid/ liquid state, a number 3 if you will.

FYI - my only rule on the porta potty is that if you dump in it you must also dump it at the end of that day. If a kid does it the rule applies to his parent(s). If my kid drops a deuce, I expect him to clean it up now that he is 17, but I really hope he is past the age and height to use the boat porta potty.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's only 94 in the shade today so we enjoyed some time outside

20200818_171755.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow water level looks low
It was, turns out the lake sells water to the county for irrigation purposes. The lake drops an average of 2 feet per night. We visited the site three times over 6 weeks. The first time the water was in front of our site. The second time the water was an 1/8 miles walk away, the third time it was over a quarter mile away. Lesson learned, if I camp there again it has to be early in the summer before their water sales are noticeable.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now that our Blueberry season is done, last day was Sunday, we went out for an afternoon on the boat. We celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary on Monday and yesterday was my wife, Willow's Birthday. Conditions were good for our First sail in over a month.

20200818_141017.jpg

20200818_141010.jpg

We sailed off the Western Coast of New England for a few hours and then we went over to North Beach to set the hook for a late lunch. It was also the first time I was able to try out the new windlass and the anchor roller. It worked great. No need to hand haul a 22# anchor/chain loaded with mud and grass anymore. Love it. we also tried out the new mounting location of the Napoleon grille. On the menu for a Birthday lunch were Beef Kabobs, Lobster tail, grilled squash, pomodoro basilico.

20200818_153334.jpg

It was a great day on the Lake.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m an 1100 hound. Love that gun. Own 3 of them. I learned a long time ago if I’m dove or duck Hunting to always keep a few of those little o-rings in my gun case. That gun is a work horse but a cut o-ring will bring your hunt to an end quick.
as a side note,
My 11-87 has probably 7k rounds through it over 15 years, cleaned occasionally but not every time, used for boy scout shoots mainly but I put about 2k rounds through it with skeet,
I have another 11-87 for scouts with probably 2-3k rds through it,
my 1100 skeet gun I bought as an upgrade 2 years ago has 3,500 rds through it, only cleaned when I bought it and once or twice sprayed some oil on the mag tube when it started cycling a little slower,

Haven't replaced an o-ring yet, ???