• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
as a side note,
My 11-87 has probably 7k rounds through it over 15 years, cleaned occasionally but not every time, used for boy scout shoots mainly but I put about 2k rounds through it with skeet,
I have another 11-87 for scouts with probably 2-3k rds through it,
my 1100 skeet gun I bought as an upgrade 2 years ago has 3,500 rds through it, only cleaned when I bought it and once or twice sprayed some oil on the mag tube when it started cycling a little slower,

Haven't replaced an o-ring yet, ???

Yeah, they are hit and miss. I mainly used my 1100's for dove hunting and duck hunting and some pheasant hunting in SD. So being dirty, dusty, cold, wet, icy is probably hard on those o-rings. I always clean the things, and I always hit it with a little Rem oil before putting away in the case after a hunt. But myself and my buddy Stephen have both had o-rings go out while in the field on a hunt. When that happens it will not extract the old shell.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boats started showing up at the marina yesterday for the 2020 Lake Champlain Poker Run on Aug. 22, this weekend. This boat is regestered in Deleware.

20200820_165827.jpg
Panana, our Beneteau centered in the background.

20200820_165929.jpg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boats started showing up at the marina yesterday for the 2020 Lake Champlain Poker Run on Aug. 22, this weekend. This boat is regestered in Deleware.

View attachment 131016
Panana, our Beneteau centered in the background.

View attachment 131017

How many boats typically do the poker run? Are you running the Yamaha in it?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How many boats typically do the poker run? Are you running the Yamaha in it?
Usually get 30-40 boats. I saw around a dozen parked at the marina last year and it was based in Malletts Bay about 15 miles away. This year they start from our Marina so if the weather cooperates, I will be getting more go fast boat pictures. This year they hired a helicopter to get arial shots.
No, not running the Yamaha in it lol. My top speed is 48.8 mph. And the broad lake can kick up some mean stuff with a 10kt wind from N or S. I'll just watch them come and go from the marina. Those cat hulled boats are the ticket. I wonder if @Liveto99 is coming up.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting ready to start work on adding a 3rd bathroom in the basement. For some reason the builder decided to "land" the network and CATV on a wall that would be right where the shower goes. Should've known better since they pre-plumbed for the bathroom when pouring the basement.

That space under the stairs is getting a door next week or so. Going to make it a closet, so the network devices will still be accessible once the bathroom is in.

Anywho, here is the before:
IMG_20200822_135008.jpg

Here's the after:
IMG_20200822_145924.jpg

I used to voice and data cabling, and this is honestly not my best work, but it's still a bit nicer than it was before.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A late 29th anniversary brunch at the Marina...Miso roasted hen of the wood mushroom eggs benedict for her and bacon and eggs for me. And a kick ass spicy bloody mary. And that mango/habanero sauce was good.

20200823_122137.jpg

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And... Hamburgers for lunch

20200823_143246.jpg

Attachments

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another waverunner trailer tire went bad or revealed a manufacturing defect. I have gotten way too much practice replacing trailer tires last season and this season.
View attachment 131455
WTH @Ronnie ??? Seems like your replacing at least 1 tire every other week. Tire guy & you have to be on first name basis by now. Are all of the tires you’ve had issues with the same brand? Maybe old stock? Somethings not right for as many tire as your going through.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another waverunner trailer tire went bad or revealed a manufacturing defect. I have gotten way too much practice replacing trailer tires last season and this season.
View attachment 131455
Perhaps you need to get a new trailer or look if your axle isn’t out of line and putting stress on the tires?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The first tire failure resulted from the welds on the spindle failing which allows the tire to rub against the trailer frame. The second tire failed, I think, because i dented the rim which caused a leak and eventually a shredded tire while driving at freeway speeds. I have no idea what caused the bubble in the third tire. Three out of the four tires I’ve had for over a year, one of the tires that failed was new, it had maybe 500 miles on it.

For the record they are the largest 13” trailer tire available, have a D load rating, also the highest available in this size tire an are mounted on galvanized rims. I have another one on order but wanted my son to enjoy jet skiing before he starts college (virtually) next month, so I bought a pair of “cheap” replacement tires and rims from Walmart, for $130 each. America’s tire quoted the same setup at $150 per tire.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a gate between the Sacramento River and another river in the Sacramento Delta. Sometimes it’s open sometimes it’s closed. I don’t know the criteria for opening or closing it or the rationale for its existence at all. If it’s closed or a boat is to tall to fit through the opening, boaters On the other side have no choice but to got about 20 miles around on the west / windy side to get to the Sacramento River and up to Sacramento. There is no government number to call to determine if it’s opened or closed, the locals say they call a marina on the other side of the gate to find out. Just another scratching my head feature on the water.
5BBBF48E-E242-42AD-AC1C-7A4D117C7704.jpegDFDE6029-A98C-42C4-8CCC-17C854CD9407.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good to see people still like our Cheese. This is from Dec. 2019. We stopped making cheese 5 years ago! We made no. 1. In there with some good cheeses. LOL.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I don't know about you, but I love sunsets. Ever since I was little, thought what a great way to end a day. took these the past couple night. Just gorgeous. These are taken from my backyard.
1598486205663.png

1598486253381.png

1598486273978.png

1598486313646.png

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got rained out, went into clubhouse for some cocktails and wings. Decided to head home but play my way home. Tee'd off on #10 by myself about 35-40 minutes before dark. Was only going to play 10-12, but I was even so said F' it and kept playing. Finished the back 9 right at dark and shot 1 over in roughly 36 minutes! I was giggling the whole time. This picture is on #10 to give you some idea of just how far the sun had set when I started.

IMG_7206.jpeg

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First outing of the season (finally) was this past Friday. Launched around noon and returned to the dock at 8:00 p.m.

We went to Omro and did hot dogs on the grill, then ran up to Lake Poygan and dragged the kids around on the tube a bit.
1598546765046.png

After subs for supper and some more swimming, we went through Oshkosh and stuck our nose out onto Lake Winnebago for a bit just to say we did - and get some sunset pics.
1598547005266.png

1598547070225.png