• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is great...but what did your daughter shoot? ;)
She had a 20 (she said she was mentally distracted thinking about her "form") and came back with a 24 the second round

I'm happy she always seems to follow up bad rounds with good ones, last week it was 21 and 25

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're only one state away from Pearce! You went all the way to New York for that?
Price was right. We’ve got a Pierce engine & happy with it. The FD that has this KME is replacing it with a Pierce almost identical to what the have at a price of $1.6 mill. Don’t think I have enough 0’s in the budget for a new one right now.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know where you are. Friends of ours used to live in Loudonville. 3 hrs. South of us.
Would have loved to come up & see you guys but had just enough time to fly in, check it over, test it out, discuss with FD and in process of flying home now. Maybe someday ill make it up yer way.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Would have loved to come up & see you guys but had just enough time to fly in, check it over, test it out, discuss with FD and in process of flying home now. Maybe someday ill make it up yer way.
All good. That is too far away. Some here have traveled to Burlington, 30 mins. away, also on business and we never met up. Life happens....Nice truck. How does it get shipped? On a low boy trailer or does somebody drive it out there.

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All good. That is too far away. Some here have traveled to Burlington, 30 mins. away, also on business and we never met up. Life happens....Nice truck. How does it get shipped? On a low boy trailer or does somebody drive it out there.
Looking at companies that will drive it home for us. They handle it all, fuel, insurance and most anything else.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The maple season is coming to an end in the Champlain Valley. A stretch of 70°+ coming this weekend. Short season this year and about 30k gallons less than last year. Spring just keeps getting earlier each year.

The pussy willows are in full bloom this morning. I stopped making jokes to my wife about them many years ago. Her name is Willow and she tired of my association with her and this bush. Must be the dry farmer humor coming out of cabin fever.

20210408_081940.jpg

Anyway...the boating season will begin sooner too.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just happened to be speaking with my neighbor about this the other day,

He works for a lumber supplier to the companies that build houses in the DFW area
He started out as a carpenter 40 years ago and is now a salesman,

They get most of their lumber from mills in the TX/AR/OK/LA area with 3 week lead time, they do have a rail head that they get train cars from the NW but that can be a 3 month lead time.

Very little of their lumber comes from Canada, 20-30 yrs ago the quantity from Canada was much larger,

I thought with Covid maybe the mills or cutters were shutting down (much like the meat processing plants that had outbreaks and slowed operations, haven't heard about that crisis again),

His thought is that the mills are just slowing processing to limit supply and drive up the price, why work at 100% if it's going to lower your profit,
He said this happens occasionally when lumber will hit low prices and suddenly it's time for the mill to shut the plant down and retool and suddenly everybody starts buying lumber at higher price because of the fear they'll get left without during the down time,

From the stories I have heard from my local peeps about the building material shortage, there are multiple factors that lined up in the last year. 1- influx of building due to low interest rates, 2- past shutdowns due to covid, and 3- mass influx of building in our local area from the people fleeing the big bad cities of the NE and West coast.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We went down to the Lake yesterday after getting our shots. Said hello to the marina owner and manager. They are getting an early start setting things up this year, but not open until May 15. The water was like glass.
Air temp. 75°, water temp. 41°.
20210408_142117(0).jpg

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We went down to the Lake yesterday after getting our shots. Said hello to the marina owner and manager. They are getting an early start setting things up this year, but not open until May 15. The water was like glass.
Air temp. 75°, water temp. 41°.
View attachment 146455
Jump in & go for a swim👍

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Meanwhile...
Our son is visiting the land of @rkim808. I really want to go.
1618024678888.png
1618024735652.png

While my Spring-breaking youngest spent a day in the City, albeit they declared they like it a lot more from the water, lol.
1618025000398.png

--
1618025038383.png

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Bike ride along the Erie Canal...waiting for it to fill..
IMG_4885.JPG

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First trip to the lake house with open water, although the water level is still a bit low.

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't launch from here yet, there's a bit of a drop that might be an issue pulling the boat out with the water this low.

IMG_20210409_181931029.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_20210409_181737323.jpg

A panoramic shot of Alder Creek from the point on my property - the left side is the opening leading out to Poygan

I have some work ahead of me. Every tree on my shoreline is dead, thanks to a walnut tree we have in the area. The plus side is that we'll have firewood very quickly!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a visitor a little while ago. Several years ago, "Mom" had two younger eagles with her, and all 3 would often come to hang out in the tree we ended up having to take off the top due to it dying, little by little.

I'm guessing our visitor is one of those younger eagles, all grown up. We've gotten 4-5 in the area last year, and it's awesome to see them so up close and personal.

IMG_20210410_140925191_HDR.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We used to have cottonwood trees every 30 feet on the shoreline. This was the one we had to top. The neighbor was going to help us try to build a nesting platform for the eagles, but we were told that since the tree is dying, this likely wouldn't be a good situation, and might be a hazard to any nesting eagles we might get.

The tree on the right is where the eagle was, compared to the topped one on the left

IMG_20210410_173700787_HDR.jpg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Had a visitor a little while ago. Several years ago, "Mom" had two younger eagles with her, and all 3 would often come to hang out in the tree we ended up having to take off the top due to it dying, little by little.

I'm guessing our visitor is one of those younger eagles, all grown up. We've gotten 4-5 in the area last year, and it's awesome to see them so up close and personal.
@drewkaree I had no idea there were Eagles in the Oshkosh area - that is so cool!! Are they pretty common or few and far between?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know if they're that far over there, it's a bit more city-fied. There's at least 4-5 around the Poygan area, but from what I've observed over the past few years, it seems like they keep to the northwest area.

Osprey pole setup on the drive to my place has a nesting pair as well, we see them around the creek here a few times a year.