• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boiler project update. Cut the end off of the 560 gallon fuel barrel after finding a few holes in the bottom. Looks like I’ll be able to weld most of them but there is one area that’s rusted bad enough I’ll have to cut it out & patch. Also found a lot of crap inside.

View attachment 173774View attachment 173775View attachment 173776View attachment 173778View attachment 173777

Is all that garbage just rust flaking off on the inside, or something else from the wood?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, just got back from Lowes...you won't hear me bitchen about gas prices now that I needed to buy (5) 2 x 6 x 8 spf sticks and a bag of sand. As the Brits say "gobsmacked". I guess I will have to start the sawmill up again, it's been a while.

View attachment 173732

View attachment 173736
No kidding! Over the weekend, 2 sheets of 3/4 ACX ply @ $70/ea, and 1 sheet of 1/2 ACX ply @ $55/ea, $200 for building - BUILDING a miter stand! The other $300 was for studs, 10 2x4x10', 2 2x4x12', and 4 sheets of 4x8 drywall, with some 8" TimberLok screws thrown in for good measure.

Mind the mess, or don't. This was my Sunday. Too small for a full gut, while still using the place, and the in-laws making this possible only have a weekend here or there to help out for a free job.

IMG_20220320_120920252.jpg

And this was my Saturday. Outside prepping our cut station, and demo guy throws a 2x4 right behind me, which I step on. Lucky for me, it could have been far worse, as the nail was long enough to go completely through my foot, had I taken it wrong. Escaped with useless wash, Neosporin & bandage. My wife did a better job than the doctor. If we had a tetanus shot handy, I wouldn't have bothered, but the nurse neighbor and her EMT husband recommended I be safer than dead and go in. Entertaining visit thanks to the other patients, to say the least, what a shit show! LMAO!

IMG_20220319_150225885.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Buying my AR240 6 years ago represented the achievement of a life goal. It was a strange feeling dropping her off and picking up our new boat. Kind of like losing a pet and getting a new puppy on the next day... I've been checking back on the dealer's site to see when the listing would pop up and I just went up yesterday. There's 1 typo, she's got 1900lbs of integrated ballast, an accessory fill hose and also left the 850lb swim deck bag on board.
Screenshot_20220321-100053_Chrome.jpg

She's out of our hands and into the dealer's now. I hope she goes to someone who loves her as much as we have. Posting here in case you or someone you know is looking.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is all that garbage just rust flaking off on the inside, or something else from the wood?
Some of its rust and some is just dirt from being used as a diesel fuel barrel for a long time.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Buying my AR240 6 years ago represented the achievement of a life goal. It was a strange feeling dropping her off and picking up our new boat. Kind of like losing a pet and getting a new puppy on the next day... I've been checking back on the dealer's site to see when the listing would pop up and I just went up yesterday. There's 1 typo, she's got 1900lbs of integrated ballast, an accessory fill hose and also left the 850lb swim deck bag on board.
View attachment 173832

She's out of our hands and into the dealer's now. I hope she goes to someone who loves her as much as we have. Posting here in case you or someone you know is looking.
Whatcha got now?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whatcha got now?
A very pretentious looking Supreme S220

I went to the Utah Boat show Saturday evening. There's got to be a lesson here about not putting one's self in the path of temptation because this kind of thing happens:
View attachment 171159

View attachment 171160
View attachment 171161
Truthfully, we had no intentions of buying anything. We thought we were looking at boats we might consider a year from now. This S220 was a great value in comparison to everything else we looked at and they made me a great trade-in offer. I hope we get a lot of good use out of it this season.

Mind if I stick around and troll jetboaters.net as a jetboat fan? It'll be a hard day leaving my first boat... I love the dang thing and we're leaving on good terms!

For anyone in the market for a surf ready 2016 AR240 she not listed anywhere yet, but will be available thru Boardco Boats. (Boat details in signature)

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just wanted to second this. I didn't get around to checking out this boat until last year with my kids. It was incredible. Wish we went sooner to see it. We spent almost 2 hours wandering around in it and could have taken longer. You can also get some good views of this battleship, and Philadelphia on the Delware river. You can ride up the Schuykill River all the way to the art museum.
That is very cool information, thank you.
On my short list for this season!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We were suppose to do a walk-through of our new home is Southern DE today, but considering that we were up all night (movers arrived at 2 am Monday instead or 10 am Sunday - :mad:) we pushed it off until tomorrow (Tuesday).

It is the off season in Ocean City, MD, so we are using some of my Hilton points, even got a free upgrade to an oceanfront room. Here's a pic from a couple on minutes ago:

OCMD.jpg

Would have been a beautiful day to be on the water. 70 degrees and calm seas. Not so nice for the rest of the week.

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After making multiple repairs on my wood boiler this year my plan is to build a new outdoor wood boiler before next winter. (Existing one is 12-14yrs old) Neighbors have a 500 gal propane tank they gave me for a burn chamber and a friend gave me a 560 gallon fuel barrel for a water jacket. Just brought the propane tank home today, took the plugs out and looked inside. A few gallons of liquid in there I’ll have to get out before cutting it but overall it looks good. Picking up the fuel barrel on Wednesday when I go work cattle again. Other than a plate of 1/4”, some angle iron and a section of 1/4 x 6” steel pipe for the chimney I should have everything I’m going to need.
View attachment 172106
Throw that 500 in a 1,000 gal tank and it will give you some extra water to heat and store energy in. I saw a guy put a 250 in the bottom of a 1,000 standing on end and he ran 6” sch 40 up through the tank to get more heat out of it. Cool stuff

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Some of its rust and some is just dirt from being used as a diesel fuel barrel for a long time.
Could probably find 1000 gallon really really cheap that’s taken out of service from a propane dealer.
propane tanks are a lot thicker than fuel tanks so it will last a lot longer. not to be negative but spending a lot of time welding up a stove with that old fuel tank as a water jacket Might not be worth it.

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put in a indoor gasification wood boiler in 2010. Hooked it to a couple 500 gallon propane tanks for thermal storage. Sold the house last year and was planning to put in another or maybe a garn at the next house.

But the house we bought came with a fancy pellet boiler from Germany hooked to an auto feed hopper and bulk storage.

I’ve been watching pellet prices and was able to order 24 tons of pellets at $176 each. Which is equivalent to #2 oil at $1.50 a gallon or so…figure it’s not worth a wood boiler at this point. I should only need 6 tons of pellets a year. Less if I get a good wood stove.
How do you store 24 tons of pellets?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How do you store 24 tons of pellets?
I'll bite. Outside or inside, but you will have 24-1 ton pallets to store. Each pallet having 40, 50# plastic bags of pellets on it.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
52 and 20mph north wind,
Waiting for our round to start at the gun club

20220322_155408.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Out with the old! Also all those crooked ass outlets will be fixed when the backsplash is done. Back when they built this house lasers weren't really in use. It was slap em up and hope they're all level. LOL!
IMG_20220317_094818567.jpg
IMG_20220317_094711948.jpg

New countertops are in and getting leveled. Drywall was mangled when our contractor took the top half of the bar off. When they come to do the backsplash, wire new lights, do the recessed lighting they'll fix all the drywall and paint.
IMG_20220317_122810931_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220317_130547000.jpg
IMG_20220317_130556414.jpg

IMG_20220317_153632229.jpg
IMG_20220317_145642922.jpg

Then things went a little sideways. I wasn't supposed to be doing any of this work as my wife said no DIY for this renovation. Which I said fine with me. Buuuuuuut we bought mirrors for the bathrooms and she wasn't sure if she liked them. So she asked if I could hang one up to see what it was like. Then she wasn't sure how it would look with the lights so can I hang one of those....thennnnnnnn how would it look all together. Before I knew it I had hung the lights and mirrors. Plumbers were coming, so I wasn't about to do install the faucets and run the plumbing as we had a plumber scheduled to come to install the faucets that weekend.IMG_20220319_131647592_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220319_125739349.jpg

Bathroom(s) renovation should start here any week. Cabinets are being refaced in may, but that ugly beige tile is coming up, ripping out our old shower and tub and going with a custom tile shower with frameless glass, bunch of custom cabinet/vanity work done in May.