• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

I started a project on Sunday that has been 20 years in the making, in our laundry room. The walk in shower on the first floor in the laundry room has been a collect all and a place to water the house plants for too long. I decided I want to get this project finished. I started with the mud for a pitched floor. It came out good for the bottom mortar pan. The waterproof membrane will will go over this finished surface followed by the final layer of mortar and then the tile. Just getting started here. Cement board and more blocking to be installed.

EA4950A2-BB28-4EC4-B086-640A8B35301A.jpeg

A6094CAC-23C3-44D7-98C1-C29F5D39E6CE.jpegF3A6D5B0-8BE8-44D4-9204-F04232E3C622.jpeg

D04EDE11-3F77-403E-B784-DD5439A6C349.jpeg

385ED619-4381-41F3-89DE-154585115F9F.jpeg
The water flows the right way.

EDIT: Pay no attention to the curbing, it was a recent redesign. It will all get wrapped in cement board and tiled.

Last edited:
Outside prepping our cut station, and demo guy throws a 2x4 right behind me, which I step on. Lucky for me, it could have been far worse, as the nail was long enough to go completely through my foot, had I taken it wrong. Escaped with useless wash, Neosporin & bandage. My wife did a better job than the doctor. If we had a tetanus shot handy, I wouldn't have bothered, but the nurse neighbor and her EMT husband recommended I be safer than dead and go in. Entertaining visit thanks to the other patients, to say the least, what a shit show! LMAO!

Re-reading this, I felt it useful to relate the story of the neighbor who took me in to the clinic, as well as some info from Dr Google. The neighbor ended up with some joint issue due to not going in for a tetanus shot right away, he ended up waiting, in his words, "for a few days". Took him "almost two months" to recover from the issues caused, and now he's up to date always on his tetanus. The nurse neighbor is now-retired, but DID have someone die from tetanus or related issue as well. She was a nurse for over 30+ years, so the single case she brought up seems like good odds, but I never considered that you could die from tetanus or related issue, and Dr Google says, FIRST, if you get it, 2 in 10 people die from it. No idea if it's a sensationalized stat, and the disclaimer is if you get it, which most people are going to get checked out and get a shot to begin with.

Don't eff around, and get a tetanus shot. If I die, I'll report back that it was ineffective (I'll have to give notice at work, so I'll still be around for a bit until they find my replacement).

Hit my first triple digit gasoline fill with my truck, $106 for 28 gallons. Not complaining, as the 30-day gas tax holiday in MD saved enough to pay for my lunch! LOL, 10 feet from the gas pump the low fuel light came on.

Jim

Buying my AR240 6 years ago represented the achievement of a life goal. It was a strange feeling dropping her off and picking up our new boat. Kind of like losing a pet and getting a new puppy on the next day... I've been checking back on the dealer's site to see when the listing would pop up and I just went up yesterday. There's 1 typo, she's got 1900lbs of integrated ballast, an accessory fill hose and also left the 850lb swim deck bag on board.
View attachment 173832

She's out of our hands and into the dealer's now. I hope she goes to someone who loves her as much as we have. Posting here in case you or someone you know is looking.
Word on the street is someone from St George UT put a deposit on the old boat yesterday. Big congrats to them! Hopefully they find or have found their way here.

Last edited:
6500 gallons in the past 24 hrs.

IMG_0424_exported_stabilized_830152726255566695.gif

Last edited:
Another 5000 gallon load of sap leaving the farm. The driveway is taking the weight during mud season well. 40,000#'s + of sap plus the weight of the truck.

20220326_085445.jpg

IMG_0426_exported_stabilized_3038486437312982606.gif

Water temp was 66 F today with a air temp of 72 F. It was chilly AF in the water but having a great time with the fam on this much needed vacation.

I’m a few Patron margaritas deep after leaving the restaurant we walked to but it sure is relaxing to watch the sunsets from this porch. Really digging this laid back and quiet Fort Morgan vibe.

F127A643-9341-4BF6-BC73-98EA94A1D64E.jpeg

Last edited:
20220325_155251.jpg
Learning how to change the radiator in the neighbor's beater, went great and she made $300 !

Not how i planned to spend my early out friday afternoon, thought I'd try to put some miles on the new waggy, just died at a stop sign after cold start
It took 30 minutes and then fired right up
20220325_130438.jpg

Not how i planned to spend my early out friday afternoon, thought I'd try to put some miles on the new waggy, just died at a stop sign after cold start
It took 30 minutes and then fired right up
View attachment 174225
Have you figured out what the problem was?

Back