• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At least you have rain in the forecast. It’s starting to feel like Arizona here. Hot and DRY.
That’s the only place there’s rain, the forecast. They call for it nearly ever day but it NEVER rains. Our city is in a mandatory water conservation order due to no rain. Grass is turning brown and trees are stressed.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That’s the only place there’s rain, the forecast. They call for it nearly ever day but it NEVER rains. Our city is in a mandatory water conservation order due to no rain. Grass is turning brown and trees are stressed.
We have been in the same water conservation program for a while now. Fortunately my sprinklers are on unmetered reclaim water so I can still water. Hitting nearly 30 min a zone every other day, still dry and brittle.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20230811_190655.jpg20230811_190809.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have been in the same water conservation program for a while now. Fortunately my sprinklers are on unmetered reclaim water so I can still water. Hitting nearly 30 min a zone every other day, still dry and brittle.
You guys have way different grass types than I'm used to dealing with, cutting higher is the recipe for success in my neck of the woods, but I can't convince people to do it.

I used to get compliments on how green my yard was, and comments about what my water bill is, but nobody seems to like the look if it's not short and looking like a pool table 🤷‍♂️

You guys have St Aug's, centipede & Bermuda down there, right? The Lawn Nut would be a great YouTube resource for you guys, it might be worth looking at what to do to prep for next year, and he may have some tips for what to do with this year's lawn as well

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d rather lick the Devil’s ass crack than endure a Detroit Lions preseason game! Go Cowboys!
I always wondered what phrase Cowboys fans called their preseason games. 😇

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
You guys have way different grass types than I'm used to dealing with, cutting higher is the recipe for success in my neck of the woods, but I can't convince people to do it.

I used to get compliments on how green my yard was, and comments about what my water bill is, but nobody seems to like the look if it's not short and looking like a pool table 🤷‍♂️

You guys have St Aug's, centipede & Bermuda down there, right? The Lawn Nut would be a great YouTube resource for you guys, it might be worth looking at what to do to prep for next year, and he may have some tips for what to do with this year's lawn as well
We have St Augustine where I am in Florida. It took me a couple years to get the yard dialed in and now it’s good. But with these record high heats, even the heat resistant grass is struggling. This is my yard taken last week. A lot of fertilizer and a lot of water.
IMG_3658.jpegIMG_3659.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A very good blueberry season ends tomorrow. The wild apple trees are having a good year too. This one is an early variety along the driveway.

59A9D374-0EEA-4DCB-BDD7-431F9332E4A6.jpeg

Good apple…Now we can get back to BOATS.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Gotta say…… sailing cats pretty damn comfy compared to a monohull! Instructor said he hit 14 knots on our boat. We averaged 7 kts in a 16-18 AWS
So that is why you were smiling. You had an Excess on your mind.

Last edited:

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
At the St Pete Pier (St Petersburg Fl) today for dinner. Now seeing the municipal docks, we will go by boat next time. 18 mile cruise across Tampa Bay from where I launch.
IMG_3730.jpegIMG_3731.jpegIMG_3732.jpegIMG_3733.jpegIMG_3734.jpegIMG_3735.jpegIMG_3736.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sitting in the cockpit in the rain last night.

710FB54D-CD4E-4AF3-BABE-C018C913E342.jpeg

Then I turn around and see this as the sun peeks below the clouds as it sets.

4E5878BE-F51B-42FA-B686-B1827D25F956.jpeg

Last edited: