• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Signature Images

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Okay, help me out. You knew it was gonna happen. All I get is the little URL symbol… Thanking you in advance!!

Edited by Bruce - I added an add-on to handle signature images. Please see Adding a Signature Image - New (Easier) Method

Last edited by a moderator:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I haven't had time to fool with it Bryan, but I am assuming you have to upload a pic you want to a web based place and insert the url for it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I bet that is how some of the guys that have done it, did it.

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To be honest, I think it is just drag and drop. As in, open the photo you want in your browser or other program, and while editing your signature, drop it in. That's how it works for photos here, so I don't know why it wouldn't work for signatures but I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lee - that was too easy!!! Love it, now I just have to work on my GIANT PHOTO ISSUE!!

Thanks!!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lee - that was too easy!!! Love it, now I just have to work on my GIANT PHOTO ISSUE!!

Thanks!!
Except that I can't see the photo...it shows a question mark in its place. Maybe it's not that easy...:stop:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh, it is GIANT on mine… still seeking professional advice. @Bruce or @Julian will help me I hope

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jawsf16 OK, I'll take a stab at what I think your problem is......you are trying to get an image in your signature, but there is no way to upload one from the signature change box?

So here is what you need to so. And you will need a computer to do this, or my (or someone else's help).

1) Upload the image you want to use as your signature line to the media gallery.
2) Open that image up in the media gallery and right click on it and select "copy image URL"
3) Go back to your signature edit screen (under your name in the upper right) and click on the little picture icon when your curser is where you want the image.
4) Paste in the URL from step 2 (CTRL-V on a PC)

If you aren't near a PC, just upload the image you want as part of your signature and I'll do the honors for you! We aim to please!!!!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Julian can you see the sig pic now? I think it is working (at least for me) but I just need to upload a smaller sized photo to start with.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK, think I got it sorted out. Can everyone see the pic?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok, got to explain this to me in english! I opened my profile, opened signature and tried to drag and drop my signature photo...no luck. So I went one step further and tried to drop the photo after opening image in my signature and dropping there...no luck. Am I not holding my jaw right?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mel,

Upload it to Media first, then copy URL and paste in add image under sig. WOrked for me...

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mel,

Upload it to Media first, then copy URL and paste in add image under sig. WOrked for me...
Yes, this. Drag and drop doesn't work everywhere. Copy the "share image" URL on the right side of the page after you have added it to an album in the media section.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Correct, the signature section doesn't allow uploads. You can only reference them by URL.
Well what's up with that? This site does everything else! Lol. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Julian @jawsf16 Ok, I added my pics to the media gallery. I edited one of the pics to a panorama size. But when uploaded to the gallery, it comes back to normal dimensions. So when selected and added as a signature, it is a cropped square instead of a wide screen panorama like ya'll's. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any help...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
it just won't appear like this in the media gallery or when I try to add to my signature line...any ideas?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you upload the edited file to the media, then copy and paste the URL?