• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Signature Images

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yes, I did upload it as edited but it loaded in the gallery as a square, not as a panorama. That is what is confusing me.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I edited mine down from a square and uploaded without issue.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
yeah, me too...it looked just like the one above I posted in this thread but it is a cropped square in the media gallery.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorry guys but I can't seem to master this one. The avitar was so EASY I thought I would try a picture in the signature,
I loaded my picture in media and when I chose "copy shortcut" and opened my signature editor and clicked on the camera or "image" icon and pasted the URL in there it shows up as small red box with IMG on it, the same as Lee's shows. Is the picture to large? I haven't edited or cropped it at all?

DeadlyFrog

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
sorry guys but I can't seem to master this one. The avitar was so EASY I thought I would try a picture in the signature,
I loaded my picture in media and when I chose "copy shortcut" and opened my signature editor and clicked on the camera or "image" icon and pasted the URL in there it shows up as small red box with IMG on it, the same as Lee's shows. Is the picture to large? I haven't edited or cropped it at all?
The IMG means your URL address is incorrect. In media find your picture then open the picture of interest. Put your cursor within the picture and right mice click and at the bottom select properties. I simple copy(CTRL C) the URL here and then paste it (CTRL V) in the signature. If the picture is to "GIANT" you can crop it or resize it before uploading to Media or use Media's crop feature. Hope this helps....

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Froggy, I was right clicking on the image and choosing copy shortcut, I copied the properties and it worked !
Now I have GIANT picture too! I tried to use the crop feature in media, the icon would change color as I moused over it but when I tried to click it would never take any action?

DeadlyFrog

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Froggy, I was right clicking on the image and choosing copy shortcut, I copied the properties and it worked !
Now I have GIANT picture too! I tried to use the crop feature in media, the icon would change color as I moused over it but when I tried to click it would never take any action?
The best way is to reize and/or crop your picture prior to uploading into Media. I just went to one of my pics in Media and had no problem utilizing the crop feature. Once you press the crop icon then move into your picture with your cursor and window the area you want to crop. Good Luck!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent guidance again Froggy! I now have medium size picture. I wasn't dragging the crop button onto the picture and letting go of the button. I just thought the cropping lines would appear. for some of us you really have to go slow,

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Totally valid Magic, although for the record my old recliner was north of $30 mil. My current one barely makes $9 mil. The good news though, its all tax payer funded. Thank you! :D

MIDLIFECRISIS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Ok put a pic on my sig and it is HUGE. How do I shrink it?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same issue. You can crop it but I beleive it will still be to big as mine was before. If you are using windows you can go to the original file, open it and at the bottom it should have some choices and one will be "send to", choose send to email recipeint, it will then ask you if you want to resize it and choose yes, then you will have small.med. large, I chose small. It will open up your email with the attachment, right click on the attachment and save as a new file name in your documents. Then you go come back to the web page and grab it. If you want to crop it, add it to your media and then choose the crop button,

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is there a way to limit the size? A 1 line response and a giant signature image makes browsing painful.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is there a way to limit the size? A 1 line response and a giant signature image makes browsing painful.
I started a conversation with Bruce on this on opening day back in March. It wasn't a high priority item but something that would make scrolling through the posts a little quicker/easier. The problem is that the Avatar box to the left is very big and that is what defines the height of the overall post when there is little text. I think YJB had a different frame for the avatars but I could be wrong on that. Bruce said he was going to attempt to condense the text in the avatar so that the text box would usually be the field that sized the overall post. Height guidelines/restrictions on signature images would help too.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think short of turning off some of the data lines in the text box, it is what it is. Did you ever find more wiggle room in it @Bruce ?