• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ski locker water leak found.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We have had continuous problems with water in our ski locker (21 195s). Spent the weekend adding second battery, battery switch and ACR (Blue Sea), Our driveway is sloped. When I went to test the bilge, it wouldn't come on. after having the hose running for a while no water was accumulating in the engine compartment, instead it was running straight into the ski locker. Not through the drain plug as it was closed. it ran straight under the lip and up through the ski locker whole. and seam. Hopefully a heavy silicone bead will do the trick.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have the same boat, so your explanation is like reading Greek, to me LOL I'd be interested in what other hole exists in the 19's, and if that's another possibility for water to hide on the bigger boats.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
If your boat is bow down water will make its way towards the bow, these boats don't have water tight compartment seals. You need to determine where/how the water is getting INTO the boat. 19' boats do have a forward lean to them, so find the leak(s) and then no worries about water movement. Use this thread to source your leak:

Gave a quick glance of all 4 pages of the thread. With all the posts it pretty comprehensive, but I didn't see any mention of water in the ski water, but I may have missed. Will look at more closely when i get a chance.

I can't disagree with your statement saying that "these boats don't have watertight compartments". Not that I expect a completely dry locker, but I started thinking, what would be the purpose of the drain plug between the engine compartment and the ski locker if the seam under the plug is going to allow water to flow freely. I don't have the answer but i will keep searching.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gave a quick glance of all 4 pages of the thread. With all the posts it pretty comprehensive, but I didn't see any mention of water in the ski water, but I may have missed. Will look at more closely when i get a chance.

I can't disagree with your statement saying that "these boats don't have watertight compartments". Not that I expect a completely dry locker, but I started thinking, what would be the purpose of the drain plug between the engine compartment and the ski locker if the seam under the plug is going to allow water to flow freely. I don't have the answer but i will keep searching.
It is to slow down movement of water between the compartments....."slow down" being the operative word. They don't make the fittings water tight.

WallabyWobbie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
it ran straight under the lip and up through the ski locker whole. and seam. Hopefully a heavy silicone bead will do the trick.
Do you have a photo of the location of leak you described? I think I’m having the same problem. Thanks in advance!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Do you have a photo of the location of leak you described? I think I’m having the same problem. Thanks in advance!
I will try to remember to take a photo or video next time I'm out, which should be Friday.