• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Soooo.....what originally happened on the "other" site

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
everyone that can still post over there should go from x:00 to x:00 (1 hour) and answer every jetboaters question just for the shit of it. Maybe we can help someone that has a common interest and then just leave. Kinda in good faith kinda thing. People would be like... What just happened? And it would be kinda fun to see the post count for a one hour time. New 3 year record probably!

First we need to wait for someone there to actually ask a question. Who will volunteer to take first watch?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Can we ask if the compartment drain plugs should be in or out? That should get some heavy traffic!

Oh wait!!! Someone ask about global warming!! Please!!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will have to be the first of the non-Yamaha boat owners to give thanks to this site for those of us that are lurking for the right time to buy our first Yamaha Jet boat. And you give us a place to hang out and share SeaDoo, Scarab, etc information as well. Of course, this is the main reason why my avatar over there is of the last Yamaha Jet I owned. My beloved GP1200R and Shuttlecraft.

Last edited:

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the thread that explains what happened from my perspective and a few others....

https://jetboaters.net/threads/why-a-new-forum-my-explanation-others-will-add-their-stories.486/

The bottom line is pretty much all the members are here now, the forum SW is WAY more functional and the committee that operates this forum ensures we won't have a repeat of events (no one person decides on an action-and issues are discussed to ensure we are consistent/fair/balanced).
Consistent - fair - balanced. Soooo we are Fox News - they are CNN. I KNEW I made the right choice..

Making Yamaha Jet Boating forums great again!
Woot Woot!!

Fozzy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am new to both sites and glad I stumbled on this thread. I thought it was weird I had to wait for my post's to be reviewed and no real activity over there. I just came over here and love it so far. Forums are filled with a lot of negativity and problems with what ever the forum is about. This is a good thing to find fixes, help and let the consumer decide if they want said product. Forums don't have to be filled with negative people.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am new to both sites and glad I stumbled on this thread. I thought it was weird I had to wait for my post's to be reviewed and no real activity over there. I just came over here and love it so far. Forums are filled with a lot of negativity and problems with what ever the forum is about. This is a good thing to find fixes, help and let the consumer decide if they want said product. Forums don't have to be filled with negative people.
A big part of what keeps this a pleasant place is divisive issues are avoided. . . . a "Fins v.s. Finless", "Cobra v.s. T.V.'s", OR "Scarab v.s. Yamaha" debate is about as heated as it gets. I'm almost 2000 posts in and can honestly say I don't think I have seen more then 2 or 3 confrontational posts.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Make sure to tag Steve45. . . . If it can be done there ; )
OK, I'm digging up an old thread. As many of the OG YJB members don't even frequent over there anymore.

But I find it very ironic, that the most active member (Steve45) owns a 22 year old Exciter and is giving buying advice to new members looking to buy 242 E-series boats. And advising against the E-throttles etc as "electronics don't do well with water" OMG, is he serious?

So my question, would an old Panasonic boom box hold up better than the thousands of dollars in JL Audio I have installed currently?

BTW, I'm about to get banned if I keep questioning his advice. He just told someone looking at a 2018/19 AR210 that it just won't have enough power for 8 people. That's questionable based on size of people, but wow. Nobody should give advice like that when owning a 4-6 passenger boat over 2 decades old.

Just my humble opinion.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still visit there from time to time and it is sad to see how many posts don’t get responded to at all unless it is a 2 stroke question. I did come across someone selling a bunch of new spare parts worth around $1500 that fit my boat for $200 though.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I still visit there from time to time and it is sad to see how many posts don’t get responded to at all unless it is a 2 stroke question. I did come across someone selling a bunch of new spare parts worth around $1500 that fit my boat for $200 though.
There are 2 members online over there right now, with one new post today......every time I go visit (like once every 2 months)....I wonder if the site will actually come up! I do post if I see people with issues that need an answer (but I typically just message them privately - and give them a hint about this site).

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to go check that site.

I started over there before being an owner. Way back in like '07 or '08 I think. Seriously didn't like the vibe there though.

When it came time to get back into boating I remembered I wanted a Yamaha, and found this site. Never looked back. Many thanks to the @Administrative team for doing such a great job here!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Things you should know:

Oil Lines
One thing you MUST do is upgrade the oil lines or convert to pre-mixed fuel!!! The original oil lines WILL fall off, resulting in engine failure!!!

Flush Hose
Remember, when flushing the cooling system, NEVER run the water unless the engine is running!!! Start the engine, THEN turn on the water. Shut off the water, THEN turn off the engine. Running the water without having the engine running can allow water to flow backward through the exhaust into the engine cylinders and cause major damage!!!

Lanyard
Whenever you crank the engines with the spark plugs removed, remove the wrist lanyard to disable the ignition system. Failure to do this can result in damage to the ignition box.

Storage
It is not recommended that you store your boat in the water for long periods. Debris can collect in the jet pumps and prevent starting; salt water will cause severe corrosion. Leaks are not uncommon, either. If you must store your boat in the water, it is highly recommended that you install a backup bilge pump with float switch, and a backup power source.

Drain Plug
Do not store the boat with the drain plug inserted (obviously not applicable if you leave the boat in the water). Rain water can collect inside the hull and flood the engine compartment.

Cleanout Plugs
Make sure the plugs are in snugly and tie them together with a rope so you don’t lose one!

/yjb

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other