• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

STAY SAFE MY FLORIDA BOATING BROTHERS

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Stay safe guys....... batten down the hatches......2 hurricanes in 2 weeks man this stuff is getting old. Just got my baby(Yamaha) lashed/tied to the lift in hurricane position.

Some friends left this morning 14 hours on the road and Thay are only half way out of FL....... Interstate I 75 look like a parking lot. This is our 4th hurricane living in Paradice has its drawback........LOL

We never undid the boat and lift preparation from the last storm, just made sure everything was still tight.

We are in zone A evacuation area and are staying along with most of our neighbors, after seeing the mess with traffic and stations running out of gas North of us I’m glad we are staying.

Prayers go out to all. My mom has lived in The Villages (central Florida) for the past 25 years and I’ve never seen such strong winds predicted for her area! 😲

Just got my Bimini top off and tied her to the steel beams. The water is suppose to reach the beams makes me nervous to watch her float between the beams this is the first hurricane she has seen on the lift. My neighbor's boat is in ready also

Attachments

• IMG_5541.jpg
    IMG_5541.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5542.jpg
    IMG_5542.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 47
I raised my boat as high as the lift allows, strapped the boat to the pilings and removed the drain plug. The keel is 2 feet above the current water level. In the 24 years we have lived here we have never had the canal rise to a level that would wet the keel.

Sending prayers and well wishes to our Florida friends. Stay safe everyone.

This is what I see. Tomorrow morning, the eye should be right over me.
IMG_6615.pngIMG_6616.png

Was watching the Weather Channel this morning and one of their guys was in Tampa and there were several boats tied up behind him. Do people think that their boat will survive a category 4/5 hurricane or since you don’t know which way it will turn at the last minute you just leave them in their normal slip and pray for the best outcome?

Was watching the Weather Channel this morning and one of their guys was in Tampa and there were several boats tied up behind him. Do people think that their boat will survive a category 4/5 hurricane or since you don’t know which way it will turn at the last minute you just leave them in their normal slip and pray for the best outcome?
A lot of people down here who dock their boats don’t have a trailer. My buddy just took delivery of his center counsel a few months back and has his on a lift in his back yard, came with no trailer. I would think as long as there is floating docks and working bilge pumps, all should be ok, unless the storm surge overcomes the max limit of the dock, then you are up shit creek, literally..

Stay safe my Tampa jet brothers this stuff is getting serious now lights are starting to flicker Thanks guys...........my heart also go's out to all in NC, SC, and Kentucky those people had no idea what hit them 2 weeks ago.............the photos and stories coming out of there are breaking my heart.

This cat 4 is going to be one for sure.............. my baby on the lift it getting 50mph with nasty rain... I noticed the bilge is running.....wonder how the AMG battery is going to last. She needs to last to around 3 AM..........fingers crossed.

All my prayers go out to all in SW Florida!!!!!

I thought we might need a little humor during this stress full time..........The hospital and sheriff dept stop making emergence runs at 45mph winds this is what thay announced on TV.......................Amason prime delivered at my house in the hurricane 2 weeks ago and I talked to the driver and the wind speed was 60mph at that time.

If I need a hospital I will put a shipping label on and get delivered to the Hospital.....LOLOLO

Having lived in Texas many years ago, you prep you boat the best that you can and hope for the best. You removed whatever you can of value, take off all the canvas, add extra lines and wait it out. If you are in a high surge area, it’s a crapshoot. Most boats seem to get damaged by the surge damaging the docks and the surge carrying them away and throwing them into other boats or items.

Jim

Stay Safe Thermobrett radar shows you are getting battered and it still hours from land fall. you guys are going to take it head on............. were just south of you........ prayers to you and you family. My wife has said I have to protect the 2 fur baby's I see you have one also. My checklist included the life jackets for the goldens .

Storm surge have me a edge I'm 13ft above sea and it projected to hit 8 to12 ft around 3am at high tied.

Back