• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sticker-Less Boats. Post them here

twentiesforever

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello Members,

I'm considering removing all stickers and graphics from my soon to be delivered SX240. Who else has done the same? Please post yours from any year and model.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Suggestion: If you are speaking of the annoying Yamaha orange, black and white warning stickers - Totally agree.

If you are talking about the side graphics, my suggestion is do not do anything that would hurt the resale value or trade-in value of your boat later.

You never know what Yamaha might release next year, the year after, whatever, that you HAVE TO HAVE.

Good Luck and enjoy your new boat ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took mine off of my sx240 after 1 year. I'll post pics up once I get her out this weekend. Fyi: The stickers come off pretty easy if you get to them within the first year or so.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thinking about taking the lower hull graphics off of my boat. It would look similar to @OperationROL old boat.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@lashburn1 provided me these pictures of his 242LS a while back. He removed all the decals and I was thinking of doing the same thing, just have not gotten around to it. @lashburn1 holler at me if it's not cool to repost your pictures and I will remove them. Thought they may help the OP.boat 4.jpg boat 3.jpg boat 2.jpg boat 1.jpg

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I took all the "Twin Engine" and "High Output" decals off. Also took off the "212x" decals. Looks much cleaner. Been contemplating removing the black swoop decal graphics as well.

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
VERY first thing, I also removed the 'twin engine' and 'high output' stickers. If you know Yamaha boats, then you already know... if you don't, then just watch me. No need for shameless advertising on the side of my boat. ;)

VERY next thing, I removed the 53 warning stickers from the boat. Maimed stick-people, the 'vagina sticker', etc. So much 'danger', my younger kids were scared to climb aboard...!

twentiesforever

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Suggestion: If you are speaking of the annoying Yamaha orange, black and white warning stickers - Totally agree.
If you are talking about the side graphics, my suggestion is do not do anything that would hurt the resale value or trade-in value of your boat later.
Yes, I was referring to the side graphics. Members, do you think it will hurt resale? I see the sticker side graphics as a negative. I enjoy the clean look of most boats and not the weak attempt of looking like dedicated ski boat. If I was buying used, I would see the owner of a sticker less boat as someone who cares about their vessel much like the owner who installs a second battery, better bilge pump, and so on.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, I was referring to the side graphics. Members, do you think it will hurt resale? I see the sticker side graphics as a negative. I enjoy the clean look of most boats and not the weak attempt of looking like dedicated ski boat. If I was buying used, I would see the owner of a sticker less boat as someone who cares about their vessel much like the owner who installs a second battery, better bilge pump, and so on.
It's personal preference all the way on this... I think when it comes time to sell and you have removed the graphics, it would be smart to say you can still buy the stickers for $X dollars so the potential buyer could go back to a more stock look and have the info up front as to the cost. I could see it being a possible issue with a sale, but giving that info it shouldn't be a deal breaker in my mind.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Personally, I think the boats look much better without the decal graphics. I took them off of my SX210 and haven't looked back. Even if it does impact my resale value at some point down the road, having them off has improved the "value" I get from the boat every time I look at it. I do think that some graphics can look good on boats, but those that came on mine definitely didn't fit into that category in my opinion.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Kind of a far off picture, but here's ou SX210 on Tahoe with no decals.

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took the High Output sticker off our 240. Always been on the fence about the Twin Engine sticker, but never removed it. What I'd really like to do is remove the large star graphic and bring the blue powdercoat all the way to the back.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20150208_132526.jpg 2012 SX 210 I think they look way better

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Jebinok ............. VERY nice ! :thumbsup:
Best Wiashes for a great up-coming weekend, Mikey Lulejian - On a VERRRRRRRRRRY hot & muggy Lake OConee, GA

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
IMG952014051095062609858.jpg I think the solid color hulls look great without graphics. Mine was two tone with the stars and needs a graphic IMO. That's why when they were peeling, I went ahead and went custom.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@redthumper9 , the custom graphics look great. I personally like tattoos on boats but to each his own. Different boats for different folks

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What do you mean by tattoos? Something like my old SX?

towrig1.jpg