• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Super Embarrassing

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I haven't done this with my yamaha yet... I have done worse. Hooked the boat up to wifes jeep drove about 3 min from lake (we live 35min away) and she asked did you put the plug in... well the plug was in the side door of my truck.

Back home we went :/

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a plug, but damn near landed me on the qualified captain on instagram nonetheless. Putting the boat in at Norris Lake. Zero cell service and we are trying to beat the rain, but have no radar. 10 minutes from the ramp to the house so we figure we can make it. While I’m backing down it starts sprinkling. No big deal, we will just put the bimini up. We are at the waters edge and I unstrap the bow and jump in the boat to do that and launch (No one at ramp so we aren’t t holding anyone up).

No sooner than I can unstrap the bimini and the monsoon opens up. Wife jumps out of the car and says let’s just go back up to the lot and wait it out. Good plan - right up until the point I realize we are driving up the ramp with nothing securing us to the trailer but my little arms holding onto it with everything I’ve got (like that’s going to stop the boat from sliding off.) I couldn’t scream “stop!” because I didn’t want her slamming the brakes. By the grace of God it stayed on the trailer. But we did have an important refresher on checking straps before driving.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last year we were meeting up with my cousin and her family at a ramp I had never been to before since it was close to her house. I put the boat in the water and I'm trying to reverse off the trailer and I'm not moving. After about three attempts and telling my wife to back down further I realize the trailer is floating and I left the tie downs on. On a busy ramp and dock full of people I have my pull the boat back up the ramp and take off the tie downs.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It's odd but since this happened I've had almost zero water come out of the bilge plugs. I really am starting to think leaving them out and the bilge having to pump all that water may have cleaned out some shit that causing water to enter the bilge. We were on the water for 4 hours yesterday and we had no water come out of the bilge plugs.
There is usually a bunch of crap (metal shavings etc) in the bilge, and if that hasn't been rinsed out, it could very well cause a bad seal on your drain plug and allow water to seep in. So it is possible you washed it out....

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last year we were meeting up with my cousin and her family at a ramp I had never been to before since it was close to her house. I put the boat in the water and I'm trying to reverse off the trailer and I'm not moving. After about three attempts and telling my wife to back down further I realize the trailer is floating and I left the tie downs on. On a busy ramp and dock full of people I have my pull the boat back up the ramp and take off the tie downs.
Me too once lol as well as forgetting the plug about 30 years ago.

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh man, I feel this one. Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. 2 ramps at our lake and we always use the north one. North was packed this day and all parking spots taken so we drive it to the south ramp which I am really unfamiliar with. Get there, its busy, mussel inspection is confusing, people all over the place. To add to that some guy motors straight up to the dock, jumps out leaving his wife and kid in the boat, yelling that his boat is sinking and runs to get his truck asking people to clear a path for him to the ramp. With everything going on it totally tossed me off my game and I forgot the straps. After about 5 minutes of pushing and a few hard reverse stops on the ramp, I think of the straps... and do the "pull up of shame".

Since then we've been out a few times and anytime there is ANY amount of resistance while getting the boat off I get asked about the damn straps. Grr.

Oh, and yeah, the guy did save his boat.