• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

T-top vs 75mph towing?

Corey Joslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Looks great.... What material did you use?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 76723 i posted this some time ago, but in anticipation of the same issue, and the amount of towing I do, I put a hard top on. It allowed me to mount other things, and no issue towing. I also made it a bit longer so the rain doesn’t drip on your head
Nice, can you post up where you got it from, the cost etc? Probably best to do this in a new thread with the appropriate title "Fanstastic new t-top cover" or something like that!!

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
View attachment 76723 i posted this some time ago, but in anticipation of the same issue, and the amount of towing I do, I put a hard top on. It allowed me to mount other things, and no issue towing. I also made it a bit longer so the rain doesn’t drip on your head
SWEET!!!! What did you use Starboard? I love it, I am looking to replace my canvas and had looked into a fiberglass top....

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a risk taker with a substantial addiction to speed, but towing at 75 is something i won't do. Skydiving, rock climbing, street bikes, I'm good with, but I'm a 65 max kind of guy when towing with my family. Be careful! Hopefully it's a 1 ton dually you tow with.

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is the drawing he posted with the original thread. I just sent it to a local plastic dealer for a quote
Rich NW,
How did you attach this to the T-top?

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I plan on using a similar method as the radar install shown in this video. That will keep my powder coat in tact, I run in salt water a lot and don't want to use self tapping screws through the powder coat.