• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Added a couple fishing rod holders. Purchased 15° holders and installed them backwards so they stand more upright. Came out great.

1610221539258.png

1610221580661.png

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Flushed both engines and gave the entire interior a nice cleaning with some Boat Juice. Also installed the missing stoltz roller end cap...don’t ask

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also installed the missing stoltz roller end cap...don’t ask
No dice on that one....um...wtf? Never shipped, forgot to install, fell right off...that's bullshit to leak a tidbit like that and then run away with no explanation! We DESERVE an explanation!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Tune up on both engines (oil, filter and plugs). Good for another year 😁

1610394551770.png

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tune up on both engines (oil, filter and plugs). Good for another year 😁

View attachment 140048
Is that just a portable oil extractor stuck in there? I’ve not changed my oil yet :rolleyes: but I assumed the extractor had to go outside the engine compartment on the seadek. That looks much safer.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is that just a portable oil extractor stuck in there? I’ve not changed my oil yet :rolleyes: but I assumed the extractor had to go outside the engine compartment on the seadek. That looks much safer.
Yeah it's an oil extractor. It just happens to fit in that spot; perfect fit actually. Since the vacuum tube is short, I lucked out. This things makes changing oil a breeze. Highly recommend.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah it's an oil extractor. It just happens to fit in that spot; perfect fit actually. Since the vacuum tube is short, I lucked out. This things makes changing oil a breeze. Highly recommend.
On your boat, you should be able to put the extractor right on top of the other engine (the one you aren't working on at that moment). Dean has a Chaparral (right?) so your engine bay will be slightly different.

Still easy as can be though, and no need to risk a spill on your SeaDek, keep it in the engine bay

Last edited:

ShlepRock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Flushed both engines and gave the entire interior a nice cleaning with some Boat Juice. Also installed the missing stoltz roller end cap...don’t ask
How do you like the Boat Juice? I use the exterior and interior cleaners. I think they works great!

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How do you like the Boat Juice? I use the exterior and interior cleaners. I think they works great!
I love them! Been using both interior and exterior for about a year now. Had some stubborn spots/stains at times and the boat juice has gotten everything out to this point. I can’t recommend them enough.

I did see their ceramic wax and really want to give it a try.

Boat Juice Ceramic Wax - SiO2 Infused - Extreme Gloss + Slickness - Protect Your Boat From Water Spots Amazon.com: Boat Juice Ceramic Wax - SiO2 Infused - Extreme Gloss + Slickness - Protect Your Boat From Water Spots: Kitchen & Dining

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A few minutes ago, I went to my garage, I looked at my boat and I said “ I love you”. Then I came to bed and I told my wife “ goodnight”. Now I am done typing this I am going to sleep 😴

ShlepRock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I love them! Been using both interior and exterior for about a year now. Had some stubborn spots/stains at times and the boat juice has gotten everything out to this point. I can’t recommend them enough.

I did see their ceramic wax and really want to give it a try.

Boat Juice Ceramic Wax - SiO2 Infused - Extreme Gloss + Slickness - Protect Your Boat From Water Spots Amazon.com: Boat Juice Ceramic Wax - SiO2 Infused - Extreme Gloss + Slickness - Protect Your Boat From Water Spots: Kitchen & Dining
Yes I too want to try their ceramic wax.. I think I will buy some now and install it in the spring...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took advantage of a mid-40s day today to do my Mid-Winter service. I like to change oil every 30-40 hours and was pushing it.

Thankfully - there were no surprises!
Warmed up the engines, tipped the bow down to get the oil out, no oil filter issues, no any other issues. Spark plugs came out nice and smooth, Love it when things just work. Almost relaxing, lol, a couple of hours with just me and her.
1610921359987.png

Ran some SaltAway because I like it; decent stream out of both pissers.
1610921543722.png 1610921518541.png

My batteries are on a charger, seem to work okay and hold charge but I think they are getting marginal in their 5th season, will swap them in the Spring when I clean up some of the electric. She is back on the stands, w/bow up, and covered.

--

Captain scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boat looks great. I am a new boat owner (212 Limited). What product(s) do you use to clean your boat, especially the black dash interior?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another work day on the boat. Added egg crate panels...
PXL_20210118_191155071.jpgPXL_20210118_191157717.jpgPXL_20210118_191159637.jpg

Finally installed the flooding alarm...
PXL_20210118_190819969.jpg PXL_20210118_190809808.jpg
I attached the sensor with velcro stickies. That way I can move it down or up as I want. I also debated where to put the alarm panel. So in the meantime it is on the corner of the power switch. It may stay there a while.

I finally put in the ignition switch block thingy I got from @Bruce . Nothing really to take a photo of... It fits perfectly, like a glove, and looks totally normal. Super glued the broken switch. You can't tell anything happened. Didn't tighten the broken switch nut (until it fully cures in 24 hours).

Dragged both batteries out of the boat to have them tested. Having an issue where the house battery drops a lot when I turn on the boat. It will start at 14+v, but then drop to like 12.3v (and if I turn on the blower, down to 11.7v). So I thought it was bad, though it was testing with my little tester fine. Drop was too fast and too much. Certainly it was bad...

Took them both to AutoZone (while taking one, took the other--why not?). Both passed with flying colors. Water level was a little high. But other than that they were perfect. Bought a turkey baster there made for sucking fluid from batteries, so I could bring them to the right level. Dragged them back to the boat, reinstalled them. I figured there must be some small short somewhere. Why else would the voltage drop like that?

First I left off the charger. Turned on the boat--same issue. Hooked up the charger and started pulling fuses in my fuse block (not the one back by the engines--the one I added). Could not isolate the issue. Both my chartplotter and my USB show voltage, so even when I pulled one I could see the level on the other. The audio is on 2 circuits (the head unit on one and the amp and pre-amp on another), but pulling neither of them seemed to affect anything.

So then, just for fun, with the fuses all back, I decided to start with the two most likely things: the last thing I added and the thing with the biggest draw--the amp and the preamp. So I turned off the chartplotter. No change. I turned off the VHF. No change. I turned off the HU (which turned off the amp and pre-amp) and the voltage started coming up (the charger was on). The pre-amp has a modular plug for the power, so I pulled that. Turned on the head unit (and the amp came on)--voltage stayed up. I looked at the pre-amp and noticed that one of the blocks I used to connect the GPS to the VHF radio was leaning funny against the back of the pre-amp--I think making contact with one of the screws. I moved it away and to the side. Plugged it back in--poof. Voltage did not drop.

Didn't have the parts I want to use on that fix with me, but I know what it is now. That is most of the battle.

Significantly, I now have installed everything I have purchased or been gifted for the boat. This is a rare occurrence. I have been carrying some of this crap in the boat for years. Now it is all there, all working and used. Much more room in the boat, too.