• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks again @swatski and others for the suggestions on sound issues. I have some material on the way that I will be applying, but I would like your help on the trailer jack too please. I will have to move the bow stop support back a few inches to make room for the larger Arc Trailer jack. I am guessing the best way to work on this is to get the boat off the trailer first?
Also, I have not had to order any replacement parts yet, but could use some guidance . For my 2016 E series, I was looking at babbits, is this my boat ? All the other E series options are Cali designations .
The previous owner installed seadek, but wrecked the hex bolts holding the fuel hatch down, and I want to replace them with new. I think this is correct? Yamaha 90111-08832-00 - Bolt,Hex. Socket Button : Babbitts Online

Since I am noob searching for parts, and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you !
Moving the bow stop back few inches has worked wonders for many members here, the trailer becomes more balanced and easier to tow. Very easy once the boat is off. I would recheck the bolts holding the bow stop after first tow, and retighten if need be.

I like babbitts, if not sure of the exact model they should be able to help if you call, or Yamaha customer service - using the hull number on the stern plate.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Moving the bow stop back few inches has worked wonders for many members here, the trailer becomes more balanced and easier to tow. Very easy once the boat is off. I would recheck the bolts holding the bow stop after first tow, and retighten if need be.

I like babbitts, if not sure of the exact model they should be able to help if you call, or Yamaha customer service - using the hull number on the stern plate.

Good tips, thanks. XO trailer jack went on nice and easy, just had to buy longer bolts. Moved the bow stop back about 6 inches, and will check for best position, loose bolts etc. It is indeed a beast, even my wife was impressed !

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is indeed a beast, even my wife was impressed !
My wife moved my yet-to-install jack, in preparation for a party we were having, and forgot it was there... until she accidentally kicked it. She didn't think she broke her toe, but she was in some serious pain.

It's okay for me to laugh about it now, as long as she never sees this :D

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Broken toe or not, she could not fail to appreciate its stoutness. Did you forget to point out the removable , magnetic handle ??

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I offered her the smartest advice in dealing with her pain: don't do that again.

I dunno why she doesn't appreciate my help sometimes. Women, go figure!

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Installed the Stoltz Roller on my lunch hour. Just an FYI. Get the ULT-4 not the ULT-435 if you have a 2019 AR195 trailer. I made that mistake :-(

Josserman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Installed quality marine fender cleats

Installed 10” jl sub

Installed wakeboard rack

Drained swim locker (wet slip)

Cleaned up wires replacing some bad connectors from last year with the solder/shrink wrap water couplers (LOVE THESE THINGS)

Checked throttle cable to see if adjustments were needed

I’m addicted to working on this boat now, but friends and family are getting concerned so need to take a break lol.

Should get me through holiday weekend, but still have a lot left on list
- install ball valves for in water flush and towing
- 2nd bildge install
- oil change
- filter inspect
- order and install lights (may do transducer too if I pull boat out)
- install 3rd table leg mount over old swim deck radio location for grilling support
- mount battery status indicators
- install noco power plug externally
- hard wire air pump
- black flat screws for radio panel
- central WiFi bridge to Garmin AP so I can use active captain on ipad
- canvas top replacemrnt
- mirror

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Replaced stern light

Did 50 hr oil change, oil was pretty dark after 40 hours.

Replaced trailer taillight that got hit.

Replaced radio under warranty for moisture, 3rd time, went out last night and this one has moisture already too.

Also, Added spacers so tower would stop higher up and not sit on cover when folded. Didn’t take pictures, but I almost got stuck under the seat lol.

Attachments

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check those nuts and bolts!

Rental came back and the engine hatch bolts came loose, luckily only one side or that would of been interesting if the hatch had flipped open the wrong direction randomly.

Found the bolts and washer down in the bottom of the engine compartment. A5BEA6EC-B595-478D-9D2C-1933F82B8176.jpegBC3DA95C-2B34-4617-832F-972C2EF20FB2.jpeg

Still got a nice evening cruise and swim after two rentals for the day! That’s a win.
D5AC291B-65EA-409F-A8B3-76BCE0570635.jpeg

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not too long ago I had installed the Blue LBlue LED in  Yamaha.jpgFireworks from Boat.jpgED lit Subs under the rear seats. This past weekend Ditto Landing had their Independence Day Celebration and it seemed the perfect time to kick the LED's on. =)

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally making progress on the cockpit LEDs

--

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine was purchased from Amazon. Amazing difference between the OEM and this one, and I'm super glad I swapped it out. Spendy, but the original was, IMO, a gigantic piece of crap. I had to remove the winch assembly, and the bolts are 19mm for both the winch assembly and the jack bolts on my trailer.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got the name put on my boat, my wife does vinyl work, everyone else gets a week turnaround time, mine took 8 months...but it’s on!

I dunno if I ever posted up my boat lettering after I put it on, but here's the money shot for me