• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just saw this, for some reason this thread wasn't showing up in my notifications. Did you print that plate out? I'm looking at swapping out the OEM head unit, and Yamaha made the decision to do a shelf and have the head unit inset, so I'm almost forced to replace it with another OEM unit, since it seems the size constraints won't allow me to swap in either of the other 2 head units I'm considering (seems to measure a bit too tall). A plate like that, set on an angle, would give me plenty of space. The shelf is worthless for holding a phone, so losing that, but gaining the ability to swap in whatever I want for a head unit, would be priceless
No printing at all. I started with making a paper template and then moving it to the plastic plate that I had laying around. Cut it out with a jigsaw, sanded and used a torch to finish the edges making it look presentable.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I decided I didn't like the hard plastic steering wheel and not knowing which way is up... so I install a new wheel with a center up stripe and flat bottom., I just need to add the other screws before taking it out.
View attachment 164187
Really dig that Momo style wheel, how about some more info on that

fnkycld

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Really dig that Momo style wheel, how about some more info on that
Here you go.
I first removed the stock steering wheel to see what I was working with. As you can see in the picture there were two sets of mounting holes on the steering hub. One is 2 3/4” and one is 2 7/8”. So that is what I was looking for when trying to find a new wheel. I found the one below and it fit perfect. I just removed the Yamaha logo off the center hub and stuck it on the new center button. Did not have to remove the steering hub at all for the new steering wheel.

3F265270-9693-4723-B09A-C2D9F94AAAA0.jpeg

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cleaned inside & out to prepare for winter storage 👎
Oil change in a couple weeks as I get everything in the mail to do it.
F5545B7B-A2D2-421F-B0D4-48E86C68D679.jpeg

zackmorris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Stripped off the 1980s era flames and buffed it a bit. Could use a wet sand to completely remove the ghosting, but good enough for a 16 year old boat.

One pic is the in progress shot after heat gun + plastic razor blade.

The other pic is after one pass with some extreme cut and my DA.

Attachments

DeathBySanity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Stripped off the 1980s era flames and buffed it a bit. Could use a wet sand to completely remove the ghosting, but good enough for a 16 year old boat.

One pic is the in progress shot after heat gun + plastic razor blade.

The other pic is after one pass with some extreme cut and my DA.
Do you have a link to your plastic razor blade? Need to remove my archaic decals too!

zackmorris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have a link to your plastic razor blade? Need to remove my archaic decals too!

most automotive stores should have something similar. I used them in a standard scraper handle like this: Hyper Tough Razor Scraper with Soft Grip Handle - Walmart.com

Just be careful to not gouge the gelcoat with the edges of the scraper handle since it's metal.

DeathBySanity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

most automotive stores should have something similar. I used them in a standard scraper handle like this: Hyper Tough Razor Scraper with Soft Grip Handle - Walmart.com

Just be careful to not gouge the gelcoat with the edges of the scraper handle since it's metal.
Thank you for this. I'll share my photos in a few months!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally installed my group buy seadek. Thanks Kelly and the JetBoatPilot team for the assistance and quick delivery. Wife is happy with the results so hopefully I get another few days on the water before the season ends. View attachment 164738View attachment 164739View attachment 164740
Looks great, got one question, why did you take the seats apart like that. I haven't seen that before.
They slide of the pedestal without tools. Loosen the knob a lot then use the release for the swivel and it comes off

SportBilly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great, got one question, why did you take the seats apart like that. I haven't seen that before.
They slide of the pedestal without tools. Loosen the knob a lot then use the release for the swivel and it comes off
Thanks. I was having a difficult time removing it like that and so 4 bolts on each chair seemed pretty quick for me 😀. However I was pressed for time so next cleaning I will spend more time figuring out why they wouldn’t come loose. Might just have been me too anxious to install the seadek versus spending the time removing the seat. 🙈

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed the new Seadek. My god that was a TON of work.

Sanding all of the holes with multiple different grits of sandpaper and then polishing took HOURS. And in reality all but 3 holes got covered with the Seadek (Son of a mother 🤬). Every muscle in my body hurts. Especially my knees from kneeling on the hard fiberglass. 😢 I’m super happy with the results. I mainly did it because the rear of my boat is so much easier to wipe down with the existing Seadek. Now the inside will be just as easy.

F825D623-ECFC-42B8-9FAA-47B41E41A86B.jpeg7B0DAE13-7F3B-4989-A093-51218CFEC3FB.jpeg

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I installed the new Seadek. My god that was a TON of work.

Sanding all of the holes with multiple different grits of sandpaper and then polishing took HOURS. And in reality all but 3 holes got covered with the Seadek (Son of a mother 🤬). Every muscle in my body hurts. Especially my knees from kneeling on the hard fiberglass. 😢 I’m super happy with the results. I mainly did it because the rear of my boat is so much easier to wipe down with the existing Seadek. Now the inside will be just as easy.

View attachment 164990View attachment 164991
lucky me I guess. I just filled them in and went on my way. As far as I can see every single single snap on the 195s are covered with the sea dek