• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Booster here I come!

0FC7F8B1-FEEA-498C-A3B9-247E82313E17.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do they have red pijamas?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The only acceptable COVID treatment:

This hasn't even gotten funding to begin human studies, let alone be called "The only acceptable COVID treatment", but it sure would create some amusing memes! One of my daughters favorite books was "Llama Llama mad at Mama"

The research team, which included scientists at the University of Liverpool, University of Oxford and Public Health England, now hope to obtain funding so they can conduct further research needed to prepare for clinical studies in humans.​

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
To be fair this side affect already happens to vaccinated people when they find someone non-vaccinated.
I think that's unfair. We don't spit, we just look down upon them and ring the SHAME bell

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man what a rollercoaster with these boosters. First FDA recommended for older adults and workers at risk (which would include us healthcare workers). Then yesterday the CDC panel said "screw you, at risk workers!" and recommended against boosters for us. I was actually quite disappointed and frustrated. Then a bit after midnight the CDC chief overruled the panel and has recommended booster for at risk folks. I'm headed to walgreens today to see what happens.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Man what a rollercoaster with these boosters. First FDA recommended for older adults and workers at risk (which would include us healthcare workers). Then yesterday the CDC panel said "screw you, at risk workers!" and recommended against boosters for us. I was actually quite disappointed and frustrated. Then a bit after midnight the CDC chief overruled the panel and has recommended booster for at risk folks. I'm headed to walgreens today to see what happens.
And the mis-trust continues lol So one guy knows better than an entire panel? Does he have an account on Jetboaters? 😂 (JK please no one ban me)

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not one guy, one gal. The decision by the panel was very short sighted and went against the data reviewed by the FDA and their recommendations. It was a very surprising and puzzling decision by the CDC panel, and both experts in the field as well as us common plebes were perplexed by it. I understand your point. Doing all this back and forth in the open is great for transparency but is a bit a of a breeding ground for mistrust.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Doing all this back and forth in the open is great for transparency but is a bit a of a breeding ground for mistrust.
Couldn't agree more! Seeing the inner workings going on is great, but at this point it doesn't look good. The data seems pretty compelling that boosters are valuable. Israel has already pushed them out to most of their citizens. Strange that we aren't, and there doesn't seem to be much in the way or rational published yet.....

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Couldn't agree more! Seeing the inner workings going on is great, but at this point it doesn't look good. The data seems pretty compelling that boosters are valuable. Israel has already pushed them out to most of their citizens. Strange that we aren't, and there doesn't seem to be much in the way or rational published yet.....
Agreed. The ONLY rationale I've seen is that we need to focus on getting everyone the two first shots and that other nations need shots as well. That doesn't fly in my eyes because 1) we are swimming in a surplus so we aren't taking away shots from unvaxxed here 2)We are already sending shots out to other nations and we are still at surplus. If we were going to go full on vax the world initiative then mayyyybe.

But medical data, I've not seen a rationale for why not.

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Walensky doesn't exactly have a great track record with consistency - what does she see that the FDA/CDC advisory panels aren't seeing?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Walensky doesn't exactly have a great track record with consistency - what does she see that the FDA/CDC advisory panels aren't seeing?
She agrees with the FDA panel. The question is what did the CDC panel see that everyone else did not?

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Everyone else? I think we all agree that the messaging is (and has been) shit for the duration of this party. Last I heard, the FDA didn't advise a rollout for health care workers.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Everyone else? I think we all agree that the messaging is (and has been) shit for the duration of this party. Last I heard, the FDA didn't advise a rollout for health care workers.
Yes, everyone else is an over generalization. I mean the FDA panel and many incredibly smart people in this field.

On Wednesday the FDA did recommend booster for workers with higher risk of exposure, which included health care workers. See my post from that day below

Status
Not open for further replies.