• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yeah I do wish mask were more effective. But from my experience maybe I’m just lucky so far.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Wake_Dude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah I do wish mask were more effective. But from my experience maybe I’m just lucky so far.
Agreed. Personally, in the hospital, I prefer P100s or PAPRs.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Very sobering video. Hearing "apocalyptic" freaks the shit out of me.

I saw this. Heartbreaking and frustrating at the same time. Many of these folks don't want the "experimental vaccine" but then flock to get all the other shit we give them that truly is experimental.

Btw. My ICU is full. We opened up a new floor and filled it up right away. Some other non covid folks here need a bed with us and I can't help them because... You know. But vaccination only affects the unvaccinated right?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Will insurance companies increase insurance premiums for non vaccinated as they already have for smokers for example? When the data to support increased medical costs with non vaccinated vs vaccinated start to become available I think it’s a strong possibility. Exemptions should be considered for those with pre-existing health issues that are not conducive to receiving a vaccine. From there it will be life insurance premiums up for the bidding. anyone with an insurance or actuarial background I would be most interested in your thoughts.

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guys, good data here!
Thank you. That publication is really helpful for a discussion with other Duchenne parents about whether get a third dose for our young men who are on chronic corticosteroid doses and are somewhat immunosuppressed.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will insurance companies increase insurance premiums for non vaccinated as they already have for smokers for example? When the data to support increased medical costs with non vaccinated vs vaccinated start to become available I think it’s a strong possibility. Exemptions should be considered for those with pre-existing health issues that are not conducive to receiving a vaccine. From there it will be life insurance premiums up for the bidding. anyone with an insurance or actuarial background I would be most interested in your thoughts.
Most of us could probably count on fingers and toes the number of people who have an actual medical contraindication to getting vaccinated other than ' i DiD mY rEsEaRcH'.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When I was leaving the ER earlier this week I saw two tents just outside the door. I asked what they were and was told, temporary over flow tents used during Covid surges, not currently in use, if they had been I either would not have gotten in so quickly and/or been leaving so quickly either. Thankfully we have a high vaccination rate in this part of CA.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thankfully 1 million people a day are now getting vaccinated!! The numbers are unassailable....it really is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

As for masks, the R0 is an important measure. Below is a link the what this means:

The reproductive number, R0 (pronounced R naught), is a value that describes how contagious a disease is. For the flu, the R0 tends to be between 1 and 2, which means that for every person infected with the flu, one to two additional people become infected. For COVID-19, the R0 is higher, between 2 and 3. That is 50-100% higher. So it doesn't surprise me that flu is knocked down faster and more effectively by our containment measures than covid.

There will be other factors that I've not researched like the incubation period. Is it longer for covid? If yes, people will walk around spreading it more. What is the onset like? Do you get sick quickly or not? Does hand washing kill flu easier than covid? Lots to learn.

But clearly what we did to contain covid worked really well on the flu!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In retrospect, I would have been pissed if I was denied entry into the hospital because it was full of people who willing passed on getting vaccinated. I understand the freedom of choice arguments but when someone intentionally chooses to go unvaccinated I think they should also be reprioritized behind those who have been vaccinated where medical care in concerned. By analogy, if I choose to engage in risky activity, like climbing Mount Everest, I have to intentionally accept that I may not be rescued if things go wrong.

My aunt was here yesterday. She asked me speak to her husband who has been sick at home for over a week with vertigo, headaches, blurred vision, etc. he doesn’t want to go to the hospital nor be vaccinated.The last time we spoke, months ago, he told me and everyone sitting with him at the restaurant that Covid is fake, it’s all a big hoax, even though he was sitting with nurses in the family who have their own patient Covid horror stories to tell. I have no idea what I’m supposed to say to this man other than plead that he get vaccinated and go to the MD. I feel more for my aunt since they don’t share the same position on Covid and am thankful that my wife and I do.

From a financial perspective it’s always going to be less expense to keep a person healthy than to get them healthy. Case in point, the vaccine is free. A trip to the ER costs a lot more than a copay and takes a lot more time than a shot or two, now three, in the arm. If you are admitted and put on a vent the costs are counted by the thousands or tens of thousands per day which could lead to financial ruin for the uninsured or under insured.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
In retrospect, I would have been pissed if I was denied entry into the hospital because it was full of people who willing passed on getting vaccinated. I understand the freedom of choice arguments but when someone intentionally chooses to go unvaccinated I think they should also be reprioritized behind those who have been vaccinated where medical care in concerned. By analogy, if I choose to engage in risky activity, like climbing Mount Everest, I have to intentionally accept that I may not be rescued if things go wrong.

My aunt was here yesterday. She asked me speak to her husband who has been sick at home for over a week with vertigo, headaches, blurred vision, etc. he doesn’t want to go to the hospital nor be vaccinated.The last time we spoke, months ago, he told me and everyone sitting with him at the restaurant that Covid is fake, it’s all a big hoax, even though he was sitting with nurses in the family who have their own patient Covid horror stories to tell. I have no idea what I’m supposed to say to this man other than plead that he get vaccinated and go to the MD. I feel more for my aunt since they don’t share the same position on Covid and am thankful that my wife and I do.

From a financial perspective it’s always going to be less expense to keep a person healthy than to get them healthy. Case in point, the vaccine is free. A trip to the ER costs a lot more than a copay and takes a lot more time than a shot or two, now three, in the arm. If you are admitted and put on a vent the costs are counted by the thousands or tens of thousands per day which could lead to financial ruin for the uninsured or under insured.
I expect the common denominator world be increased premiums and co-pays for those that enter the healthcare system unvaccinated. This way the first come fist serve with respect to proper triage priority will be maintained.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Two fully vaccinated friends just got COVID from their unvaccinated infant. Dad took several days longer to show symptoms, primarily loss of taste and smell.

Frustrating to see two breakthrough infections but I guess when you’re directly exposed for days it’s eventually going to get you.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Again, till 80% of the population has been infected in some form this will continue. Vax will not stop it but its obvious previously infected and vaxd will have a far better outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.