• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found this stat interesting as I decided to look some stuff up today.. Why report 25% of the vaccinated hospitalizations if they are asymptomatic or not related to covid? Also 21% of the vaccinated deaths that were reported as well having nothing to do with covid too. Obviously would make those numbers lower and better for the vaccinated side.

85F09C43-73CE-4871-9799-6557CF83A19F.png

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so what is the purupose of the mask for those who have the vaccine
if everyone gets the vaccine... it will still be status quo to mandate the mask.
Vaccination trains the immune system to fight the virus giving the person an advantage after contracting the virus. Once a sufficient portion of the population is vaccinated that dramatically reduces community spread until the virus mutates to evade the vaccine.

Masking provides an imperfect shield from the virus. Imperfect because the mask does not cover the eyes, sanitize the hands, is not worn all the time and does not filter 100% of viral particles. On a community basis mask mandates reduce viral spread by 40% or more. On a personal basis if the virus is contracted while masked the smaller amount of virus is at a disadvantage typically leading to a milder illness.
With alpha there was little benefit in masking to vaccinated people with normal immune function. Delta has up to 1,000 times the viral particle emissions of Alpha. With Delta’s advantage over the immune system masking is advised for vaccinated people.

Using my state as an example ~15% of our hospital beds and 50% of our ICU beds are filled with CoVID patients. Around 90% of those are unvaccinated. Our hospitals are full and have cancelled elective procedures. When someone has a car accident or heart attack they may be sent out of state for care. People without CoVID are dying at a higher rate due to lack of care.

A little over 1/3rd of the state is vaccinated. Reports are that between 89% and 96% of current CoVID hospital patients are unvaccinated. If all of the state were vaccinated CoVID patients would be using no more than 5% of hospital beds and 17% of ICU beds. That would be a manageable situation and it is unlikely that masking would be recommended.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
so what is the purupose of the mask for those who have the vaccine
if everyone gets the vaccine... it will still be status quo to mandate the mask.
I work close in proximity to the most ill. I am vaccinated (shocker). I use PPE, (personal protective equipment: gown, gloves, n95 mask, surgical mask, skull cap, eye goggles, booties) this i don for each patient. In addition to proper hand hygiene. Furthermore, in public I use a surgical mask. I limit my exposure to the vast unmask population. Make no mistake, vaxed or not, the more contagion you are exposed to the greater the chance of acquiring covid, and greater the chance of hospitalization for the unvaccinated. Masks are not 100% either. They are used to limit contagion. It’s unrealistic to think even with the best mask and vaccinated you will be 100% protected. The point is with the use of both your risk of hospitalization, debilitating long term effects, mortality is way less. The public has a DIRECT impact on the status of hospitals. Thank you for your questions and responses.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I found this stat interesting as I decided to look some stuff up today.. Why report 25% of the vaccinated hospitalizations if they are asymptomatic or not related to covid? Also 21% of the vaccinated deaths that were reported as well having nothing to do with covid too. Obviously would make those numbers lower and better for the vaccinated side.

View attachment 160420
Everyone admitted to hospital gets tested for covid. Some will test positive but be asymptomatic. They still need to be isolated as they can spread the disease, and their caregivers need to know to take precautions with them.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So if they are Asymptomatic then they are not in the hospital because of Covid??
And after having Covid in December I got the J&J today so now Im Mr Super Antibody

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So if they are Asymptomatic then they are not in the hospital because of Covid??
And after having Covid in December I got the J&J today so now Im Mr Super Antibody
Correct, everyone admitted is tested for covid. So some people going in for other reasons (accidents, etc) test positive but don't have any Covid symptoms, but still could be contagious. So their healthcare team uses precautions so that they themselves don't get infected, and that they are isolated from other patients to protect them too.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
There is one of those topics someone was just saying. They are talked about has having covid and being in the hospital therefor pushing the "Covid Hospitalized" numbers in the press. But then its Oh by the way they are Asymt

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is one of those topics someone was just saying. They are talked about has having covid and being in the hospital therefor pushing the "Covid Hospitalized" numbers in the press. But then its Oh by the way they are Asymt
I really hope that is not the case for mild/asymptomatic cases.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everyone admitted to hospital gets tested for covid. Some will test positive but be asymptomatic. They still need to be isolated as they can spread the disease, and their caregivers need to know to take precautions with them.
Yes I understand this, as I work in healthcare. What I don’t understand is why include them in that certain statistic at all. If someone is admitted to the hospital for let’s say broken hip due to a fall.. They test positive for covid when tested but are asymptomatic, they aren’t admitted for covid, they are admitted for the fall and pain control. I just don’t understand why they would be included in the data set.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

us17094

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not picking on you personally, but I've heard this portion of the argument against vaccines about 17 times in the last 3 days.

I get lost on this position unless you're a diligent vegan/organic food consumer. How many chemicals are you putting in your body on a daily basis that AREN'T FDA approved or otherwise tested? People with this position are cherry picking this one particular cocktail of chemicals, but skipping over the myriad of other things that are ingested daily that have similar levels of risk. Aspartame as an artificial sweetener. Any number of chemicals as preservatives. FD&C Yellow #5 as a coloring agent. All of those have ongoing studies to asses the impact on human health associated with intake.

If we take a wholistic view of our bodies, and consider risk management from foreign chemical ingestion, I think we'll find that the vaccine has a marginal difference in risk as compared to most other man made substances. So, again, in terms of risk mitigation, are you also going vegan/whole foods to avoid all of the other chemicals in processed food, drink, and smoke?

This feels like missing the forest for the trees type of position. The selection of this particular set of chemicals as the "my body is a temple" hill to die on, seems overly short sighted to me.
Very well said! I feel the same way but would not have been able to articulate it as adeptly.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is this true or a lie ?
It is a Kremlin aligned disinformation website posting articles intended to cause dissent and distrust to harm our country and others. Why would anyone want to further such a cause.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll have to go back and look at my records for my hospitalization in May of '20. I was admitted as a COVID patient. I was showing all the correct symptoms for COVID, however it was back when tests took a day or so to get the results. Ended up being negative to COVID, but had a fungal lung infection of some sort. I wonder if my admission was ever amended in the numbers?

Anyone with medical record experience have any idea how that would have been handled?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got admitted to the hospital twice in January for a non covid issue and wasn't tested for covid either time, which was surprising. The first stay I had a room to myself so I wasn't too concerned. My second stay was at a different hospital and I had 2 different roommates, none of us were tested and we weren't required to wear a mask. I asked the staff about being tested for covid and I was told that no one on the floor had covid and it wasn't necessary. How in the hell could they determine if anyone had covid if we weren't tested?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I got admitted to the hospital twice in January for a non covid issue and wasn't tested for covid either time, which was surprising. The first stay I had a room to myself so I wasn't too concerned. My second stay was at a different hospital and I had 2 different roommates, none of us were tested and we weren't required to wear a mask. I asked the staff about being tested for covid and I was told that no one on the floor had covid and it wasn't necessary. How in the hell could they determine if anyone had covid if we weren't tested?
They can't tell if you have it without a test. Perhaps they ran out of tests???? I'd be inclined to call the hospital and ask to talk to infection control.

In the worst of the pandemic last year medical staff were asked to reuse PPE. Something that would have gotten them written up before this shit show.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Medical supply chains were disrupted. Items were on back order frequently. At one point, independent non conventional vendors were using 3D printers in order to supply hospitals with testing swabs and various other medical supplies. It’s quite possible the facility you were admitted to had those same issues.
a less definitive covid diagnosis could be derived by chest x-ray, cat scan, and blood ferratine levels Combined. When testing strips results took days to result, physicians resorted to the above mentioned diagnostics and labs. If results suggested covid you were catagorized as PUI or patient under investigation until test results were available.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Two equally sick covid in the ED. I only have one bed available. Good times.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Two equally sick covid in the ED. I only have one bed available. Good times.
Honest question for my understanding.

When shit like this happens. Who decides?

*edit* Sincerely hope it's not you. I wouldn't wish that level of responsibility on anyone. There is no good answer I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.