• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Time to get a bigger boat!

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just put a deposit on a 2022 AR250... dealer said should be end of July or August. We LOVED our AR195, but so does everyone else that wants to come with us! Really excited to have more space. Anything that I need to know about this particular model ahead of time?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just put a deposit on a 2022 AR250... dealer said should be end of July or August. We LOVED our AR195, but so does everyone else that wants to come with us! Really excited to have more space. Anything that I need to know about this particular model ahead of time?
That's great! Congrats!!! Now, get ready for some mods!

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Already planning on a new bow roller (did the same on my current boat), adding 2 tower speakers and a sub, and probably going to add @JetBoatPilot optional seadek mats around the boat until the new carpet wears out. I may end up adding steering mods but have not had many issues maneuvering so we will see with the added size. Any other recommendations? What are you guys using for a portapoty?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Troy JK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My porta-potty gets used every trip by the woman. The lack of a place to go will keep some woman from going for an all day boat trip.
I have 2. The first one was too tall. 16” I think. Found another that’s only 12” (I think they refer to it as 2.5 gallon) tall and leaves more head room. Get the 12”. You don’t need the extra capacity.

Last edited:

Troy JK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bought the cheapest one I could find....and the rule is...."you use it you clean it" ... still unused!!!
Guess I’m a sucker when it comes to woman, I’ve never used it but clean it every time.
NO hard legs allowed!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Congratulations! Not to be a debbie downer but I think your dealer is giving you the absolute most optimistic time frame for when your boat might be delivered; hopefully you actually get it then but you might want to mentally prepare yourself for not receiving it until well after that time frame.

Typically, new model year Yamaha's start rolling off the production line in the late-July, August, early Sep time frame. My understanding is they sequentially manufacture a bunch of one model, then a bunch of another model, then another model, then another model, etc. (in other words, there aren't multiple models all being produced at the same time). That's why we see several reports of people getting the exact same boat delivered around the exact same time (e.g. when I got my black 252SE last fall, there were multiple people here and on the FB group that all received their black 252SE's on the same weekend--several of that particular model rolled off the production line and shipped out all at once). If AR250's are one of the first models that get produced you'll get it on the dealer's quoted time frame (assuming your dealership gets shipped one of those), but if AR250s are down the line on which model gets produced or if your dealer doesn't get one the first time they're produced you may not receive it until much later. And that's not taking into account any potential COVID-related supply chains issues.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Where did you order from?

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is the one I have, for the same reasons. Note it comes with and without the mounting bracket, so make sure you get the right one.

My porta-potty gets used every trip by the woman. The lack of a place to go will keep some woman from going for an all day boat trip.

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! Not to be a debbie downer but I think your dealer is giving you the absolute most optimistic time frame for when your boat might be delivered; hopefully you actually get it then but you might want to mentally prepare yourself for not receiving it until well after that time frame.

Typically, new model year Yamaha's start rolling off the production line in the late-July, August, early Sep time frame. My understanding is they sequentially manufacture a bunch of one model, then a bunch of another model, then another model, then another model, etc. (in other words, there aren't multiple models all being produced at the same time). That's why we see several reports of people getting the exact same boat delivered around the exact same time (e.g. when I got my black 252SE last fall, there were multiple people here and on the FB group that all received their black 252SE's on the same weekend--several of that particular model rolled off the production line and shipped out all at once). If AR250's are one of the first models that get produced you'll get it on the dealer's quoted time frame (assuming your dealership gets shipped one of those), but if AR250s are down the line on which model gets produced or if your dealer doesn't get one the first time they're produced you may not receive it until much later. And that's not taking into account any potential COVID-related supply chains issues.
Thanks for the info! I was expecting to wait and will be surprised the sooner it gets here. Luckily we still have our AR195 to enjoy for the summer until it comes.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have to upgrade your tow vehicle for the 252?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you can I would get the extend warranty. Typically I am not a fun of extra warranties but this last few model might require you to do that

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Luckily not, my truck should be fine. Chevy 1500
I would double check that... a lot of the Chevy 1500s are super low tow capacity. By far lowest in the class.

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would double check that... a lot of the Chevy 1500s are super low tow capacity. By far lowest in the class.
Just checked and it’s around 9600 for my 2020 with the 5.3

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just checked and it’s around 9600 for my 2020 with the 5.3
Nice! I think those base are 7200, and generation or two it like under 6000..... blows my mind lol