• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Toy making in progress...squirt gun to end all...(jet pump squirt gun)

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a pretty fast tsunami pump I might be able to convert somehow...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BB1088

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
how did this not escalate to using both jets reduced to one rig?? less reduction at the beginning,say 2-2.5" would give you exponentially more flow throughout and your final reduction could be to 1-1.5" or if its just for ballast bags no reduction. if julian and Ilmmct rigs were good for +/- 80 GPM both drives with less reduction should be about 300 GPM. thats about 1 min for 2500 lb bag

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
how did this not escalate to using both jets reduced to one rig?? less reduction at the beginning,say 2-2.5" would give you exponentially more flow throughout and your final reduction could be to 1-1.5" or if its just for ballast bags no reduction. if julian and Ilmmct rigs were good for +/- 80 GPM both drives with less reduction should be about 300 GPM. thats about 1 min for 2500 lb bag
I actually never used mine for filling ballast bags! Squirt gun was much more fun!

BB1088

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I actually never used mine for filling ballast bags! Squirt gun was much more fun!
wish you still had the rig... im very curious now. a 1.25" stream going 40-60ft would be damn impressive and possibly a little dangerous. [flag]

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have recently made one of these rigs for filling ballast bags. I used a 3 inch to 2 inch reducer then a 2 inch to 1.5 inch bushing then ran 18 ft of 1.5 inch hose.

The problem I had was that in order to start the engine the reverse gate had to be in the neutral position. Which doesn't leave enough room to have anything more than 1.5 inch hose coming out. I was unable to push the button on the throttles to allow me to rev the engine without opening the gate and having it pop out.

I'm in the process of redesigning the reduction from 2.75 inch down to 1.25 inch and then back to 1.5 inch hose.

I am also planning on trying to design a connection that will allow me to use the jet pumps to drain my bags as well. Kinda like the connector you hook up to the faucet to fill out drain water beds. Or if any of you are into aquariums the connector you use to siphon water out and into the sink. (the python). I'll let you know if it works.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have recently made one of these rigs for filling ballast bags. I used a 3 inch to 2 inch reducer then a 2 inch to 1.5 inch bushing then ran 18 ft of 1.5 inch hose.

The problem I had was that in order to start the engine the reverse gate had to be in the neutral position. Which doesn't leave enough room to have anything more than 1.5 inch hose coming out. I was unable to push the button on the throttles to allow me to rev the engine without opening the gate and having it pop out.

I'm in the process of redesigning the reduction from 2.75 inch down to 1.25 inch and then back to 1.5 inch hose.

I am also planning on trying to design a connection that will allow me to use the jet pumps to drain my bags as well. Kinda like the connector you hook up to the faucet to fill out drain water beds. Or if any of you are into aquariums the connector you use to siphon water out and into the sink. (the python). I'll let you know if it works.
So how do you plan on being able to use this if you dont have the black button on your throttles to allow you to rev the engine in neutral?

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think that going down to 1.25 inch right where the gate comes down will give me enough clearance to push the black button on the throttles. I was almost able to do it with the 1.5 inch hose.

BB1088

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
as a non owner this may be ignorant but could you put a 90* bend off the first reduction to counter the distance limit to the gate?

edit- looked up the schematic for the gate assembly, a 90 followed by a 45 might let you run the hose out of the reverse side outlet. just dont turn the wheel!

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I dont have it, but @Speedling does!
Actually went out on the boat last night and took it out quick. I need to give it a little tlc but it sure is fun! Wins squirt gun fights!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length