• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Toy making in progress...squirt gun to end all...(jet pump squirt gun)

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@trace, are you a rocket scientist? This is genious and the fact that you backed it up with an app is insane. Kudos to you

Do you have any video of this working? I looked at the other thread quickly and I think I only saw pictures. I think you could use this thing for air boarding if you wanted to

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@trace, are you a rocket scientist? This is genious and the fact that you backed it up with an app is insane. Kudos to you

Do you have any video of this working? I looked at the other thread quickly and I think I only saw pictures. I think you could use this thing for air boarding if you wanted to
Sorry, I don't have any video of it in action. Didn't get a gopro until Christmas. So tons of video will be forthcoming this year. Currently working on version 2.0 on the ballast side. As far as rocket scientist, well not really a scientist, but I do have Bachelors and Masters degrees in Aerospace Engineering and 18 years experience........comes in handy once in a while. ;)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
And all I do is take amazing rocket science ideas and turn them into giant super soakers! LOL

Hummm....how about a remote touch screen controlled squirt gun! :devilhorns:
he he , don't think it couldn't happen......

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Played with it again today (the video is on the Facebook page...can't figure out how to link it here on iPad).....tried just a 1" end, and the distance wasn't as good. The 1/4" end is probably the best for distance.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
looks cool. What are your thoughts on using a toilet bowl plunger for the part that goes in the jet pump nozzle?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
looks cool. What are your thoughts on using a toilet bowl plunger for the part that goes in the jet pump nozzle?
Might work....but I think I'd want something more rigid like the PVC of this setup. Pretty big pressures here....could bend and blow that plunger out....or at least pinch it? But perhaps not? Also, not as easy to connect to the plunger....PVC is designed to connect and hold pressure.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What was the rpm during the last few seconds of video when it shot further?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'll get video for sure....even if its an epic fail....it should be amusing! But unfortunately it won't be for a couple of weeks as next weekend we have spring outing with the Y-Guides at Seagull/Seafarer.....unless I figure out how to skip out early this week...but weather looks like a lot of rain!
JULIAN: Big Boyz Toyz .......... Too Funny. Looks like SOMEONE has Wayyyyyyyy too much spare time on their hands........ LOL !
Have fun. Really enjoying this thread ! My Best to ya, Mikey

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Took me a couple of hours to put the whole rig together and will double as a ballast filler....but I do need a longer hose. I should have spent the time cleaning the boat....but this was much more fun!!!! LOL

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
JULIAN: After watching that super Kewl video ....... I got an idea (Dangerous thought) ..........
Ya REALLY need to "offer" this to all of us as a kit !!!!!!
I need some place to park a few bucks....and this is the REAL DEAL !
Nice !!!!!!!!
Many Thanks for sharing all of this, Mikey Lulejian

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Might work....but I think I'd want something more rigid like the PVC of this setup. Pretty big pressures here....could bend and blow that plunger out....or at least pinch it? But perhaps not? Also, not as easy to connect to the plunger....PVC is designed to connect and hold pressure.
I bought some parts to test it out. I'll have some feedback hopefully by next weekend.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@MikeyL I barely had time to make this one! Which is why I posted how to make it. @jetboater4life let me know if you have any questions.

I tested out just a 1" opening, and it did reduce the distance....
Julian ...... Julian ....... Julian ..........

"The Mother Of Invention" .............

I figgered that "THE SUPER BLASTER" was gonna be the next 'POPEIL POCKET FISHERMAN' super idea and by me suggesting it, you'ld wind up selling millions of your SUPER BLASTERS to all of the Yamaha Jet Boat owners worldwide, and we would then be able to say ........

Hey ! It all started right here ! Right here in a small garage on jetboaters.net !

Julian: NEVER LET FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY !
Now go enjoy the rest of your week ! LOL ....... Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jetboater4life did you make any progress on your version?
Yes I have. I drilled through the plunger and connected the hose, put it on the boat, and then forgot to try it while out on the water. :( Was going to go out tonight but we are under a flash flood warning and the lakes and rivers are all no-wake zones. Maybe tomorrow. My thought was that the plunger will conform to the opening better. However the diameter of the hose is less than 1" so I'm not optimistic it will work well. We'll see, hopefully tomorrow.