• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

TWO Tornados in two weeks!!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone do the math, because I’d like to know the odds. I posted a couple weeks ago about minor damage from a tornado that came through our area, and tore up the barn our boat was stored in. Sucked, but hey, life happens. Took the boat up to a nearby lake, to a marina there for repairs. (Indian Lake, Spend A Day Marina) Two nights ago, another tornado came through, and decimated the area, including the marina. 3 people died, massive destruction everywhere. I kinda figured I was boatless at that point, but in the grand scheme of things, I also knew I was fortunate to still have my family and a home. Hundreds if not thousands of people lost homes and more. I haven’t gone to inspect it in person, so I might be wrong, but I was able to locate my boat in aerial videos/pics, and I kinda think she has somehow survived two tornados in two weeks. First pic is from first tornado, the rest are the second tornado. Second
pic has my boat circled all the way to the right side.
616512D5-F7BB-4398-91FD-656EFD9EF90F.jpeg008048F9-A732-4D3F-A8DD-C150B27D4CBF.jpeg415D05C0-294B-43A9-963B-22E527107A67.pngEAEAA590-0D53-41CF-842C-67D0E9BA2F27.jpeg

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well…. I think you’re stuck with that boat for the rest of your life. Not even a tornado will take it off your hands.

From someone who lives in an area with frequent tornados, I’m glad you and your family are ok.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well…. I think you’re stuck with that boat for the rest of your life. Not even a tornado will take it off your hands.

From someone who lives in an area with frequent tornados, I’m glad you and your family are ok.
Not even TWO tornados! 😂

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here’s a link to a video that was posted up to Facebook of the damage. One of the pics I posted was a screenshot from the video.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The boat is really just a “thing”, while it is the pride and joy it can be replaced, you and your family cannot. not trying to out do your story, a friend of a friend who lives in Arkansas lost his house, vehicles and their boat to a tornado a week or two ago, they were hiding in their basement, insurance will replace the things.

Looking at the first pic I’ll guess the damage was cosmetic(???)…the boat is still useable? If that’s true that’s a win!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, agree on all counts. I’m not feeling sorry for myself, I’m actually incredibly grateful. As you said, I’ve got my family, and home. It’s just the fact she survived one tornado, just for me to drive an hour to drop her off in the direct path of another one. Lol. And while I haven’t seen it in person, it sure appears to have survived both in much better shape than you’d expect from one, much less two. Time will tell, it’ll be awhile before I can go look at it. Here’s the link for my post on the first one. Fiberglass is visible in a few spots, one at waterline. Nothing terrible.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, agree on all counts. I’m not feeling sorry for myself, I’m actually incredibly grateful. As you said, I’ve got my family, and home. It’s just the fact she survived one tornado, just for me to drive an hour to drop her off in the direct path of another one. Lol. And while I haven’t seen it in person, it sure appears to have survived both in much better shape than you’d expect from one, much less two. Time will tell, it’ll be awhile before I can go look at it. Here’s the link for my post on the first one. Fiberglass is visible in a few spots, one at waterline. Nothing terrible.

It’s okay to feel sorry for yourself! Just trying to blow a little sunshine your way in the midst of having the pride and joy get dinged up.

Yeah it’s a trip for sure! Better buy a lottery ticket!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe I should get two lottery tickets. Lol

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to hear you and the family are okay. It's time to take that trip to Bimini, now that you've got a verifiably indestructible boat! Seriously, glad you're still around to tell the tale :winkingthumbsup"

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Something tells me there’s a point in which tempting fate is a fool’s errand. 😂

Honestly though, if I’d have a newer model with higher freeboard, I’d have to consider it.