• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Used Boat Prices

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a different article that explains what is happening (since you didn't like the last one):

And another:
and another:

I would love to read a cogent article that can explain why any president is responsible....unfortunately, our 4 year presidency means long term planning is hard to do.
I don't disagree, but the articles you link keep making the same mistakes (with one even including a graph of dubious quality debunking their claim). There was demand during trump's Era when gas was cheaper, the same level. We had disruptions then too, there was a month that prices spiked to 2.90 due to some disaster, don't remember what.

The reality is the biggest driver is devaluation of the dollar IMO. Demand and all that I think is secondary to the massive inflation were seeing.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't disagree, but the articles you link keep making the same mistakes (with one even including a graph of dubious quality debunking their claim). There was demand during trump's Era when gas was cheaper, the same level. We had disruptions then too, there was a month that prices spiked to 2.90 due to some disaster, don't remember what.

The reality is the biggest driver is devaluation of the dollar IMO. Demand and all that I think is secondary to the massive inflation were seeing.
East Coast Pipeline closure was one of the biggies. Texas freeze was another. OPEC pricing is the primary. We should start a new thread if we want to continue this.

Boat pricing is the topic here. I think used boats will continue to be far higher than normal....but creeping down slowly. I don't see a big drop anytime soon.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
East Coast Pipeline closure was one of the biggies. Texas freeze was another. OPEC pricing is the primary. We should start a new thread if we want to continue this.

Boat pricing is the topic here. I think used boats will continue to be far higher than normal....but creeping down slowly. I don't see a big drop anytime soon.
Agreed. Boat prices not coming down overall anytime soon. I think the guys who are priced high will start to slip, but I don't see the overall market headed down. Probably flat, maybe slightly up due to inflation, or slightly down if you get a liquidity crisis and higher interest rates.

A big part of me is thinking I should sell my Sx230, we haven't really gotten to use it much in the last 2 years, and probably won't get a lot of use for a while still. Freeing up some cash and no longer needing any town capacity would open up a lot of doors for us.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A big part of me is thinking I should sell my Sx230, we haven't really gotten to use it much in the last 2 years, and probably won't get a lot of use for a while still. Freeing up some cash and no longer needing any town capacity would open up a lot of doors for us.
Yeah....now is the time to sell for sure (or in a couple of months depending on how far south you live) - if you aren't looking to buy a new one to replace it. But that is always a hard choice to make....saying I'll stop boating. But Freedom Boat Club is always there, and you can always rent a boat.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah....now is the time to sell for sure (or in a couple of months depending on how far south you live) - if you aren't looking to buy a new one to replace it. But that is always a hard choice to make....saying I'll stop boating. But Freedom Boat Club is always there, and you can always rent a boat.
My wife thinks we won't love the boat if we keep it at a storage yard and have to tow it places. In NC, we kept it at a marina and just called them up and they had it waiting for us. That and we had a modest little lake that was big enough to be fun but small enough to not have too many concerns.

Here in FL, every trip would begin and end with a trip to the storage yard and cleaning. Then we would also have to find places to boat, either big water that makes the wife nervous, or lake that have gators and stuff. Or, we only use it on long trips to NC or something, which is kinda silly and expensive vs renting.

Part of me misses NC though, and so I kind of want to go back once we can sell our house without any tax issues and go back to NC. The wife really misses NC so she'd love it, lol.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My wife thinks we won't love the boat if we keep it at a storage yard and have to tow it places. In NC, we kept it at a marina and just called them up and they had it waiting for us. That and we had a modest little lake that was big enough to be fun but small enough to not have too many concerns.

Here in FL, every trip would begin and end with a trip to the storage yard and cleaning. Then we would also have to find places to boat, either big water that makes the wife nervous, or lake that have gators and stuff. Or, we only use it on long trips to NC or something, which is kinda silly and expensive vs renting.

Part of me misses NC though, and so I kind of want to go back once we can sell our house without any tax issues and go back to NC. The wife really misses NC so she'd love it, lol.
There has to be some great sandbars on the inter coastal around you...no? Where in NC were you?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There has to be some great sandbars on the inter coastal around you...no? Where in NC were you?
There's a few sandbars and a few spoil islands, but I dunno if they're great. They seem pretty busy though.

We were in Hickory. Miss it quite a bit actually.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just when you thought you had seen it all, the most reasonably priced 242LS in the entire country pops up for sale at a dealer! Under $30K, which we only saw a few of a few years back before the pandemic.

It's actually in good shape from what the photos show. But the worst part is it is in nowhere, ND. In other words Minot, ND. Yup, it's a 2010, first year with potential oil cooler bolt issue. But this is a reputable yamaha dealer with multiple showrooms in ND. Anyone willing to drive, that's a bargain in this market.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just when you thought you had seen it all, the most reasonably priced 242LS in the entire country pops up for sale at a dealer! Under $30K, which we only saw a few of a few years back before the pandemic.

It's actually in good shape from what the photos show. But the worst part is it is in nowhere, ND. In other words Minot, ND. Yup, it's a 2010, first year with potential oil cooler bolt issue. But this is a reputable yamaha dealer with multiple showrooms in ND. Anyone willing to drive, that's a bargain in this market.

Is it possible to be somewhere in ND?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is it possible to be somewhere in ND?
Great question. Fargo and Bismarck

Minot, ND Most Minnesotans, and North Dakotans will refer to anything out that direction as BFE or Nowhere

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For those following used boat prices, has the run up in gas prices had an impact in the boat market?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those following used boat prices, has the run up in gas prices had an impact in the boat market?
I am still seeing used boats on average, keep climbing around here. We are about 1 month or so from Ice out.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am still seeing used boats on average, keep climbing around here. We are about 1 month or so from Ice out.
I've been hearing 5th wheel's are getting pretty soft with used prices backing down 10% over the winter. Didn't know if it had carried over to boats yet.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
5th wheel prices always go down in the winter. Boats as well, but the difference is still inflation and supply and demand. Everything is higher and until the monitary policy in Washington changes that will be the case. Oil prices went up and will keep going up until there is some certainty that the people spending money to drill are convinced it is in their best intrest to drill. They see what the current administration is set out to do, which is to put them all out of business because of their misguided obsession with makeing sure that the US cancels climate change by themselves. Anyone with an opuince of common sense knows that the earths atmosphere and climate are shared by everyone on earth. Our puny attempts to mitigate anything globally are misguided at best and self destructive at worst. The only thing that will influence the price of oil, boats and everything else is a change in policy in Washington. By the way, big oil, nor the mideast set oil prices. They are set by the people who bet on what they see as the future, that is how commodity trading works.

Even though I list my boat as a 2022 FSH 255 sport e, that is only partly true. Until I can take delivery I only have dreams of a new boat, while Yamaha has thr real thing.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We spent the weekend in Delaware, doing move related things, as our new home is almost ready. Drove past several RV and boat dealerships. One thing I have noticed since the Fall is that I see a lot more new travel trailers at the RV dealerships, some of them seem to have restocked to almost a pre-Covid "normal". I am even beginning to see some new boats at the boat dealerships, although I would guess many of these are pre-orders waiting for a Spring delivery.

Jim

zackmorris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We havent even gotten into the expensive season here in FL. The prices always drop in winter and skyrocket spring into early summer.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Just saw a 21 AR195 with 4.5 hours on FB for sale for $53,000 OBO. Pretty aggressive.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just saw a 21 AR195 with 4.5 hours on FB for sale for $53,000 OBO. Pretty aggressive.
Yeah that is a bit up there. I am seeing new ones here and there at dealerships for MSRP or close to it, popping up.