• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Used Boat Prices

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I see a wide range of sellers, some are definitely on drugs, others are only moderately greedy and a few aren’t out to gouge anyone.
B40812B7-B65F-40A9-A645-11B2300AE9E3.pngDEF77D3C-C9A4-4688-8EDA-D4ADA684095E.pngE54C23BA-C6B6-482B-B90A-4ABAF20FD104.png
6BD82CC7-B711-4283-9299-F5CBEFA4606A.png

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The price or the fact it has an automatic transmission? LOL! It is CA after all…
For reference, the 2020 limited wavwreeuner pictured is what motivated my wife and eventually I to upgrade our Waverunners. It was about $20k out the door excluding trailer. when it was new. The color changed in 2021 but the out the door price was about the same.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I noticed that too. Wife & I might be moving to a more rural area with smaller/sketchier/weedier bodies of water, so we might downsize from the 24' down to something more appropriate. The NADA value on it is insane. Not to hijack the thread but I'd appreciate any real input on what you might think my boat is worth!
It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it, I'd list it way over NADA and see if you get any bites, the worst you can do is come down to NADA price.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And at the risk of wading into the political pee pool too far, you gotta believe the Dems have all their people, the best, the worst, the ones on their first day, all of them working on how to not have gas prices rise at all and how to reverse inflation, because both things are likely to mean a swift death to their control of the legislative branch, and like a lot of governer mansions.
Hopefully they aren't wasting their time trying to swing the gas futures market....that would be pretty pointless. Here's a good article on the topic:

Skin6061

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm one of those guys that sold my 2015 ar190 for more than I paid for it in April of 2020. I used the extra money to upgrade to a 2012 242 limited s. I listed my boat high, settled for less than what I asked but still came out way ahead. I was able to get my 2012 for 15k under nada, and roughly 8-10k for less than what I have seen other comparable boats asking price. Sometimes you got to be lucky and being fast with cash in hand has helped me a lot.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hopefully they aren't wasting their time trying to swing the gas futures market....that would be pretty pointless. Here's a good article on the topic:

I quit reading autoblog a few years ago when I recognized their insanely high levels of bias. So I take everything they say with like, a bag of salt.

A few points though... The fact that gas was so cheap under Trump is incredible, especially considering the inflation that'd tken place. We were paying the same as we had been 15 years prior, but with the value of the dollar having dropped. So really, gas was even cheaper than people think it was under trump.

Taxes definitely do play a big part of the price of gas, but taxes don't swing wildly (usually). What we are seeing isn't a tax based price rise, it's a cascade of failures by our government, some Biden, some trump, some state level, but all preventable. I can't speak for everywhere, but I can say that FL didn't raise gas taxes 1.50 a gallon in the past 2 years.

Their comment about expecting states to raise gas taxes "because of billionaire tax cuts" is the sort of garbage I'd expect from them. Ignoring the basis of how tax cuts work, the cost of those tax cuts is nothing vs the amount we've spent on stimulus and other stuff.

And if you had a shortfall to deal with, why would you use a gas tax, if you're trying to phase out gas. That'd mean your revenue stream would dry up quicker. You would future proof your revenues by adding a use tax, so the people using EVs not paying a gas tax wouldn't escape it. Charge people a use tax based on miles driver or a % of value, whichever is higher. You'd need to crack down on out of state registrations, but that's easily accomplished.

Long winded post short.. Autoblog is a worthless bunch of propagandists, and it would appear I was wrong about the Dem team trying to do something about this issue before midterms. They apparently are totally oblivious to it, making it worse with their rhetoric on pretty much everything.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Lets not forget the biggest effect on oil prices is world-wide demand for oil. World-wide demand for oil goes up, the price of gas goes up. 2019/2020 world demand for oil dropped as Covid raged around the world. This also lead to recessionary times in much of the world, further lowering demand for oil. As the world returns to some type of post-covid "normal", the demand for oil has gone back up and so have the prices. World crises, such as a pending Russian invasion of Ukraine, is also driving up the price of oil. We will reach a point if the price of oil stays high, it will be more economical in countries like the U.S. to start pumping more oil thereby increasing world-wide supply and prices should lower a litte.

Jim

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lets not forget the biggest effect on oil prices is world-wide demand for oil. World-wide demand for oil goes up, the price of gas goes up. 2019/2020 world demand for oil dropped as Covid raged around the world. This also lead to recessionary times in much of the world, further lowering demand for oil. As the world returns to some type of post-covid "normal", the demand for oil has gone back up and so have the prices. World crises, such as a pending Russian invasion of Ukraine, is also driving up the price of oil. We will reach a point if the price of oil stays high, it will be more economical in countries like the U.S. to start pumping more oil thereby increasing world-wide supply and prices should lower a litte.

Jim
Agreed... But global demand for oil wasn't exactly low 2 years ago. And the EVs are supposed to be saving us from all that evil gasoline burning. Sure, there's stuff like Russia and Ukraine and all that, but it's not like there were no crises back then either...

Hopefully US production ramps up again and we can get over some of this crap.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The fact that gas was so cheap under Trump is incredible
Gas was in seriously low demand during covid....supply and demand at work. The highways were empty! Which was interestingly a cause for an increase in the highway fatality rate - quite counter intuitive. Open roads allowed people to drive much faster...which resulted in more deadly crashes.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Gas was in seriously low demand during covid....supply and demand at work. The highways were empty! Which was interestingly a cause for an increase in the highway fatality rate - quite counter intuitive. Open roads allowed people to drive much faster...which resulted in more deadly crashes.
Depends on how the death rates are measured, usually it is measured in deaths per million miles travelled. Since there was so many less miles being driven the death rate per million miles could in theory be much higher as a result. Do you have a link for that info? I’m intrigued to see the stats.

Edit: looks like a crisis caused another crisis…USDOT Releases New Data Showing That Road Fatalities Spiked in First Half of 2021 | US Department of Transportation

Higher speeds were a cause, but so was higher levels of impaired driving, and lack of seat belt use increasing the number of ejections, as well as an increase in bicyclist deaths, probably caused by drunks / impaired persons hitting them.

I was surprised that the decrease in “projected” number of miles driven was a lot less than I thought it would have been with the roads so empty and fuel consumption down so much.

Last edited:

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gas cwas cheap for the 3.5 years of trump pre covid too though. There wasn't a single month in the trump presidency that gas averaged over 3$ a gallon, and it spent the majority of his term hovering in the mid to low 2s, 2.3 to 2.6 a gallon. There was absolutely a dip in gas prices when covid hit, but theyrose back up in like 3 months back to semi normal, and didn't start spiking until a few months after Biden took office.

Bottom line is the gas prices we are seeing now aren't a normalization after the covid drop, they're a reflection of policies, both energy and economic.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gas cwas cheap for the 3.5 years of trump pre covid too though. There wasn't a single month in the trump presidency that gas averaged over 3$ a gallon, and it spent the majority of his term hovering in the mid to low 2s, 2.3 to 2.6 a gallon. There was absolutely a dip in gas prices when covid hit, but theyrose back up in like 3 months back to semi normal, and didn't start spiking until a few months after Biden took office.

Bottom line is the gas prices we are seeing now aren't a normalization after the covid drop, they're a reflection of policies, both energy and economic.
Here is a different article that explains what is happening (since you didn't like the last one):

And another:
and another:

I would love to read a cogent article that can explain why any president is responsible....unfortunately, our 4 year presidency means long term planning is hard to do.

But back to the OP's question about boat pricing....here's a good article on Canadian pricing, which I think will be the same for the US:

You will pay a premium still this year - my opinion - yes I think it will be a little less crazy, but still much higher.