• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water in boat

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
hello all, the last two times taking the boat out I noticed there is water mostly on the right side of the boat. If I lift up the seats ou can see the water and it is draining slowly back into the engine compartment. Also the ski locker is about 1/4 full. Any idea of where to check for this?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
hello all, the last two times taking the boat out I noticed there is water mostly on the right side of the boat. If I lift up the seats ou can see the water and it is draining slowly back into the engine compartment. Also the ski locker is about 1/4 full. Any idea of where to check for this?
Wow, that's a lot of water!
1. Check the drain plug isn't cross threaded or something.
Examine the scupper. Don't know if they changed from the plastic ones but search the forums and u will find lots of info on the issue

micj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
sent you a message adrianp89

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Is this supposed to be like this? Pretty sure this is the cause.

Attachments

micj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Look on the inside of the anchor locker . This is what mine looked like. Water would come when I would be cruising the no wake zone, especially if I had people sitting in the bow. .

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Please post a photo from inside the anchor locker....those above are likely correct...another anchor locker drain not connected to the anchor locker itself....but a photo would help us to know for sure.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yup, looks just like that.

Attachments

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many of us had to reseal them not that bad to do but sucks to have to do it on a new boat. I still have not done it but I plan to put one of these over the drain to help water pass by it as well but still be able to drain if needed.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Is this the fix most people are using?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is this the fix most people are using?
I have seen several different ways of fixing I used some Marine 5200 and some silicon to completely seal mine.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Did you seal it from outside of the boat?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the world of Yamaha boats, it’s a disgrace how a new boat can take on water from the factory but once you’ve corrected what Yamaha should do from the start you’ll be high and dry.
Also check the clean out ports tray.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you determine it is the anchor drain issue, you can also take it back to the dealer and basically say "fix it." My guess is this is the most-likely culprit. The picture of the water in the anchor locker is normal whenever the boat is idling below a planing speed. Once the bow comes out of the water, then the anchor will drain...it should also drain when sitting level in the marina. Again, this has happened in both my 232 and 242. One thing to note about this process is that when you are finished with your trip, it's a good idea to take that anchor line out and lay it in the boat for a few days to dry out...otherwise it will likely sit in that locker and rot from being wet. I remove mine at the end of each weekend and after a couple of days in the sun under the towing cover, it's good and dry.

You also said the ski locker is 1/4 full...are you running with the drain plug in our out? Although there's quite a bit of debate about plugs in or out here on the board, the manuals on both my Yamaha boats says to put the plugs in while in the water.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I talked to the dealer and they acknowledged it is a known issue. He said to bring it up and it will take a few hours to fix.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Dealer fixed the issue, took it out for New Years Eve and no issues.