• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water leaking from stbd motor!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any one with any advice on any better or just anything different than phone calls
Take a cold shower, lol.
This is going to take some time... may want to brace yourself.

Keep in mind, these are brand new engines in those boats so they are correct in trying to figure out what went wrong and do postmortems. At least it sounds like they'll give you a new engine, I would be happy.

--

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Take a cold shower, lol.
This is going to take some time... may want to brace yourself.

Keep in mind, these are brand new engines in those boats so they are correct in trying to figure out what went wrong and do postmortems. At least it sounds like they'll give you a new engine, I would be happy.

--
X2

If they are agreeing to make the necessary repairs and do them the right way then that is good news. I would keep documenting your entire experience here, but would keep expectations realistic. Professionalism on your behalf goes a long way with the dealer. I would give them the benefit of the doubt. They don’t want any bad press. They want a happy customer. Still, be stern and express that you need your boat ASAP for....

Squeaky wheels get the grease, but loose nuts get ignored.

Do yourself a favor and forget about the Yamaha customer care people. They don’t know anything about boats and will only anger you more. Documenting your case is all they do. Besides that everything is done through the dealer. Like I said earlier, you can squeeze some Yamaha bucks out of them for accessories. (For your troubles) Thats all those guys are good for...

I’ve been through this all before with Yamaha. The dealer ended up being my savior. Not Yamaha customer service. They were buffoons...
Unfortunately boat repairs take time.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My guess is that Yamaha wants the dealer to conduct due diligence to make a determination of cause. Was it malicious? Water ingestion due to sinking? Was the intake clogged and the boat overheated? You know it's none of this, but they don't know. The result could trigger an insurance event instead of warranty work.

I know you are pissed that your boat broke, but sh*t happens.

Bugging them constantly won't make a difference. Get the status from the dealer once or twice a week. Make note of it, and just wait. It stinks, but you are in the peak season for repair work from any dealer or independent shop.

I would be prepared to wait a month.

-Greg

Last edited:

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Ya im assuming this will take a month
I bought this boat as a "toy" as i have a large cruiser, so i am lucky in that i have another boat which happens to be my main boat, so my season isnt ruined by any means! Still pissed and still want it back though! We were really enjoying the boat and having a blast with it until this happened! I think i will take the advice of some of you who reccomend the "cooler head prevail" method! I know that is probably the best way to handle this .
I will keep this thread updated with what they continue to tell me.....

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry @ClemsonTiger but we have multiple and consistent complaints from members (FSH owners) to the admins about you and your negativity regarding the boat. So we feel it is important for new members to know that we are aware of your position and to point out that there is a negative history here. As I've said on other threads, it would be nice if members could find your "story" as to why you hold this position and read a clear and concise post that explains your experience. Without that, we are forced to fill in the blanks with what we can discern from your posts.

I stand corrected...you bought a USED CC for 67k to replace your new FSH that is less than half that price. And not surprisingly you love it much more than your FSH. (apples to apples ..IE ...new boat to new boat...it would be 80k plus - from YOUR numbers)
I just blocked Clemson, he annoys me and has no place in this Forum

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i have 29 hrs on my 210 fsh, i usually never leave it in for longer than 24-36 hrs at a time before i pull it back out and keep in on the trailer. That being said, everytime i would pull it out i would have alot more water coming out of the drianplug than i thought was acceptable (obviously none is the only acceptable amount!) but i kept chalking it up to rain, washing the boat etc.. finally the last time i went out on it i kept noticing the bilge auto light coming on while underway and could even catch it running while the boat was at rest. So i pulled it out and the next day put in on the garden hose figuring i would find a loose hose or something fairly straight forward, not the case! There is a black hose running into the engine block directly underneath the exhaust manifold, and the water was coming from there in a pretty good amount! And this was on a hose at idle, imagine sucking water outta the lake at 7800 rpms!
So i removed the weak spring clamps and replaced them with stainless screw type hoping it was that simple, but it was actually coming from behind the fitting out of the block! So needless to say the boat is back at thr dealership as this is warranty work and its been 8 days and they still haven't assigned a tech to it! Yamaha needs more dealers in michigan! There are only 2 in the metro detroit area! BS!
Has anyone heard of this issue? Figured no since it wasnt anywhere on the forum, but figured i would throw this out there for everyone to read
Well I guess I am the next in line with a cracked block, we were vacationing in the keys for the last 2 months and could not figure out why there was so much water in the engine compartment every time we went out and eventually I found this....see the video. I will be starting a whole new discussion with pictures and videos as to our many problems with this "Brand New Boat"

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ya im assuming this will take a month
I bought this boat as a "toy" as i have a large cruiser, so i am lucky in that i have another boat which happens to be my main boat, so my season isnt ruined by any means! Still pissed and still want it back though! We were really enjoying the boat and having a blast with it until this happened! I think i will take the advice of some of you who reccomend the "cooler head prevail" method! I know that is probably the best way to handle this .
I will keep this thread updated with what they continue to tell me.....
i have 29 hrs on my 210 fsh, i usually never leave it in for longer than 24-36 hrs at a time before i pull it back out and keep in on the trailer. That being said, everytime i would pull it out i would have alot more water coming out of the drianplug than i thought was acceptable (obviously none is the only acceptable amount!) but i kept chalking it up to rain, washing the boat etc.. finally the last time i went out on it i kept noticing the bilge auto light coming on while underway and could even catch it running while the boat was at rest. So i pulled it out and the next day put in on the garden hose figuring i would find a loose hose or something fairly straight forward, not the case! There is a black hose running into the engine block directly underneath the exhaust manifold, and the water was coming from there in a pretty good amount! And this was on a hose at idle, imagine sucking water outta the lake at 7800 rpms!
So i removed the weak spring clamps and replaced them with stainless screw type hoping it was that simple, but it was actually coming from behind the fitting out of the block! So needless to say the boat is back at thr dealership as this is warranty work and its been 8 days and they still haven't assigned a tech to it! Yamaha needs more dealers in michigan! There are only 2 in the metro detroit area! BS!
Has anyone heard of this issue? Figured no since it wasnt anywhere on the forum, but figured i would throw this out there for everyone to read
Hey Lawrence, I just dropped off my 210 FSH at the dealer with the same exact problem on the same side motor, the water coming out from the side of the block looks like a geyser. I have a video but unfortunately the forum does not let me upload an MP4 video.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Lawrence, I just dropped off my 210 FSH at the dealer with the same exact problem on the same side motor, the water coming out from the side of the block looks like a geyser. I have a video but unfortunately the forum does not let me upload an MP4 video.
Very interested to see the video, you have to upload to youtube or other video site and then link it,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, have we heard about this problem on greenhulk or skis with this engine ?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very interested to see the video, you have to upload to youtube or other video site and then link it,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, have we heard about this problem on greenhulk or skis with this engine ?
I have not, I thought I was just an unfortunate buyer. I am going to upload the video to Youtube and put it up later. Look for my new discussion on this forum.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here you go this is what mine looks like, must be the same issue.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Here you go

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree, that looks like a gasket not a cracked block...
Hopefully.

--

swifty_210FSH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well I guess I am the next in line with a cracked block, we were vacationing in the keys for the last 2 months and could not figure out why there was so much water in the engine compartment every time we went out and eventually I found this....see the video. I will be starting a whole new discussion with pictures and videos as to our many problems with this "Brand New Boat"

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Mine was not coming from the exhaust manifold like that video. Mine was coming from the block underneath the exhaust manifold near the area where the black hose connects into the block
Of course this forum wont allow me to upload it either
But i do have a update regarding my warranty issue
Yamaha approved the replacement motor and it is on its way, the dealer expects it to arrive late this week or early next week and then it obviously needs to be installled
So that seems to be a much better timeline than I expected!
Ill try other methods of uploading my video

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Here is my video, remember this is at idle, i did not rev it up during this video, but it really came out when i did! Like a garden hose!