• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water leaking from stbd motor!

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@I know You know It sure looks like the bolts that hold the muffler to the manifold are not tight from the factory. Try tightening them to see if the leak goes away.

Ideally they should be torqued, but I don't have a TR1-based service manual to check the spec. Use a 1/4" drive so you don't over tighten. They are probably 12mm.

-Greg

Last edited:

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Oh ya! Actually went further than just checking, i took those POS spring hose clamps off and put two stainless screw style on that hose, didnt change a thing!
My original thought was that fitting could be faulty, but the dealership's inspection came up with the block being cracked and it not having anything to do with that fitting or that hose

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Lawrence Gill Jr Good deal you checked that. In part of the video it looked like some water was squirting form the hose. But I do remember your other photo where it looked like water stains from the area you say the block was cracked.

I'll be very curious to find out from the dealer why the block cracked.

-Greg

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thin spot in the casting combined with an over-torqued NPT fitting? Just thinking out loud.

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@I know You know It sure looks like the 6 bolts that hold the muffler to the manifold are not tight from the factory. Try tightening them to see if the leak goes away.

Ideally they should be torqued, but I don't have a TR1-based service manual to check the spec. Use a 1/4" drive so you don't over tighten. They are probably 12mm.

-Greg

Attachments

swifty_210FSH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
But i do have a update regarding my warranty issue
Yamaha approved the replacement motor and it is on its way, the dealer expects it to arrive late this week or early next week and then it obviously needs to be installled
So that seems to be a much better timeline than I expected!
That's good news my friend.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Of course this forum wont allow me to upload it either
Yeah, sorry about that, but hosting video content takes up a lot of disk space and a lot of bandwidth, so we'd prefer members load their videos to one of the many video hosting sites (like Youtube) and then link them here (as you did).

Thanks for understanding...we run this site with no ads, and pay for hosting out of our own pockets.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@I know You know It sure looks like the bolts that hold the muffler to the manifold are not tight from the factory. Try tightening them to see if the leak goes away.

-Greg
Thanks for the suggestion boudin, but I went ahead and left it at the dealer, warranty work....let them deal with it. Our vacation is over and we will be traveling with our son to golf tournaments now for the next 2 months so we have plenty of time for the boat to get well....

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sure hope is that simple Bubblehead. Hey is the service manual for the 210 FSH available from Yami already?

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Ok UPDATE!!!!
Got the boat back today, got out of work super late so barley had any daylight left to use, but before i got a chance to go out i am having yet ANOTHER ISSUE! With this boat
So anyone who has any ideas or experience with this one please!!! Help!
As the thread says i had work and eventually a full replacement on the stbd motor, which is not the new issue, both motors start and run fine, but the port motor is throwing a code to the touch screen and the port tach isnt working, all it is doing is going from 0 to full rpms back and forth, and the touch screen says "port engine communication error"
I did a brief search on here and came across a few ideas but im still unsure
Any ideas are welcome! Please!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok UPDATE!!!!
Got the boat back today, got out of work super late so barley had any daylight left to use, but before i got a chance to go out i am having yet ANOTHER ISSUE! With this boat
So anyone who has any ideas or experience with this one please!!! Help!
As the thread says i had work and eventually a full replacement on the stbd motor, which is not the new issue, both motors start and run fine, but the port motor is throwing a code to the touch screen and the port tach isnt working, all it is doing is going from 0 to full rpms back and forth, and the touch screen says "port engine communication error"
I did a brief search on here and came across a few ideas but im still unsure
Any ideas are welcome! Please!
Bummer for sure. I don’t have any experience with your model. I do know on my boat that when i connect to yds it requires a plug that disconnects the tach. It’s quite possible that they disconnected something during the engine swap that left the tach disabled sending the code. Double check everything in the engine compartment. Should be an easy fix.

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Answer: It’s a Yamaha FSH, sorry bud.
You sound like you have been molested by Yamaha... go see a therapist lol... keep posting.. your nonsense is funny as hell...

Edited by Bruce, we will not joke about crimes against children on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You sound like you have been sexually abused by Yamaha... go see a therapist lol... keep posting.. your nonsense is funny as hell...
Very interesting and revealing response. I think it says way more about you than I pal.

But hey, whatever your preference...to each their own.

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok keyboard warrior...not today... l will follow everyone here and block you.. you sound very desperate for attention... be safe.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Whoa? Why running away? Quick with snide remark...then when your 1 up’d you run?

Block me buddy, your choice. Picture paints it all.

793FDB34-5D9C-4556-811C-36F4D1B9379B.jpeg

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Let me guess, Clemson is at it again? I blocked him, so I don't see his nonsense.