• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We Upgraded the Forum!!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get the message. That sums up my 2 1/2 years and 1460+ posts here. It's been fun.
Transitions like that with the forum are always jarring, I hear you! LOL, just to make you feel better I went from 9,200+ positive ratings to something like 3,900, I just checked...
So proportionally, you are doing super duper well!!!! I think the new software actually likes you!

Anyhow, I so hope you and Willow stick around, big part of why I’m here to be honest.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get the message. That sums up my 2 1/2 years and 1460+ posts here. It's been fun.
@zipper, I hope this post was in jest.
With more than 2,000 positive ratings you have made a huge contribution. “Useful” is one on the rating options, one that is rarely chosen. We were checking if it might be where your missing ratings were hiding.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay, so I lied, I only lost few hundred as the 3,900 are just "likes" not all positive ratings.
Sorry I misspoke!

1548467730044.png

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay, so I lied, I only lost few hundred as the 3,900 are just "likes" not all positive ratings.
Sorry I misspoke!

View attachment 86835
It looked that way before we installled the new “Content Ratings” add-on. Xenforo only supports likes by default. In the previous version we were using an add-on named “Post Ratings” that is discontinued. Someday when we upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.1.x we will have to transition to “Ratings” which are built in to the forum software.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looked that way before we installled the new “Content Ratings” add-on. Xenforo only supports likes by default. In the previous version we were using an add-on named “Post Ratings” that is discontinued. Someday when we upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.1.x we will have to transition to “Ratings” which are built in to the forum software.
I'm grateful for you guys running this forum and being able to stay on top of technology/software so that people like me can come here to read and post about our little hobby.
Appreciate your effort, and thank you!!

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
BTW - is there a "bookmark" function with the new software?

--

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
BTW - is there a "bookmark" function with the new software?

--
I've been "bookmarking" threads like this by "watching" them. Have a nice little list of important threads I can reference or easily check updates on.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've been "bookmarking" threads like this by "watching" them. Have a nice little list of important threads I can reference or easily check updates on.
Watched threads is one way to do this in the mean time, but if you are watching LOTS of threads (I have 11 pages) it doesn't work as well. The old book marks feature was quite useful for keeping a list of threads and a note why you bookmarked it.