• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

When you start that "simple" job....and....@$€£¥₩*&#!!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds like me and almost all of my boat projects. If Someone says it takes two hours I will double it. when I tell my wife about it she triples the time, quadruples it if drilling or cutting into the boat is involved since she knows I follow the measure 20 or 30 times drill/cut once policy.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian, many of us can relate. I did the exact same thing although I ordered my brackets from mono price and then had to order the 2nd one since the first didn't fit my plasma.

The REAL problem was that I ran around the attic to relocate the cable and add an electrical outlet. This allowed me to fall through the ceiling and added a lot of extra time to finishing the job. Actually the job isn't finished since I only patched up the sheetrock and it still isn't painted (6 months...).

Enjoy the TV

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian, many of us can relate. I did the exact same thing although I ordered my brackets from mono price and then had to order the 2nd one since the first didn't fit my plasma.

The REAL problem was that I ran around the attic to relocate the cable and add an electrical outlet. This allowed me to fall through the ceiling and added a lot of extra time to finishing the job. Actually the job isn't finished since I only patched up the sheetrock and it still isn't painted (6 months...).

Enjoy the TV
Yeah...you gotta love those jobs that make other jobs....

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is pretty much how I felt when I was trying to wire my tower for speakers. At one point I just sat on the boat cushion sweeting my ass off thinking, this is so worth the couple hundred dollars the audio place was going to charge me.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny. As the years pass that seems to be the case more and more. It used to be fun and challenging to take on projects.
I love to tinker, I once rebuilt a motorcycle after I crashed it, down to a new frame. Took me 2 months, but came out perfect. Now... I was thinking of putting in some lights under the back cushions for "mood lighting" and then the though, "for what???? I'm not taking it out at night"...
seems that ppl do change after all.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is for this reason alone
When you start that "simple" job....and....@$€£¥₩*&#!!!!
... I do very little myself... and petrified when I try. e.g.... changed my 1st set of spark plugs last month... was proud of my work ... weeks pass... I splash the boat (now on my mooring and sitting for 3 days of rain and fog) ... the forum provides information indicating I put the WRONG plugs in...

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yup...went to renovate our guest bathroom. I discovered i have structural repairs, exterior sheething repairs, roof repairs when I noticed a leak down the waste vent, 5 hidden j-boxes requiring rewiring, upgrade all plumbing distribution 1/2" feeding 3/4" lines, and cracked cast iron waste line in the house. One month project is on month 5 due to no time and increased costs. Nearing the end soon.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@beachbum - I once overlooked a detail when installing new ignition coils on a motorcycle. I rushed it and never properly cut the wires down to the specific length. Instead of increased performance it made it run chaotic with the rpms fluctuating all over the place (there was also bad contact on 1 or 2).
Learned into a lesson to research further and triple check all details before embarking on projects of which I don't know enough. Now, when dealing with anything on the bike, car or boat, I always lay out some sort of plan before I start. When taking things apart I label everything and sometimes take pictures.

@Zeus2013 but aren't you glad you found all that before it turned into a bigger problem?

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes..however, I am more angry that it is taking away from boat outings...

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sometimes its worth just paying the money to have someone and be done with it

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
happens to all of us. Nice rigging though.
make sure you use a stud finder...
I told my wife i needed a stud finder, she looked at me and said "you already have one" Really? where is it, She said you talking to her! LOL Im serious, I said, She said you wont be able to use it anyway, as soon as you pick it up, it will start beeping. Come on honey. I have a "REAL" one now. Oh sorry @Julian. My problem is I cant seem to finish one project before another one has priorty.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Working on houses is one of the worst for me. I always seem to find something else wrong. I am getting better at not having to have everything perfect. yes I can get other people to do the work but then I find what is wrong with what they did. They just have the "overlook all other problems" down pat! :)