• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Where to buy MR1 spark plugs?

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know where I can buy plugs in the Raleigh NC area?

I went to Advanced Auto and Autozone and neither stocked the NGK cr9eb plugs. They had cross referenced and came back with a 4 digit number but I wasn't sure if these were the same. I didn't write down the number but I believe it began with a 4. Anyone know if these will work or where I can find the cr9eb?

These were the only 2 stores I was able to get to over the weekend. Too much time on the lake :)

@Julian, @justason
Thanks

Thanks @justason

Maybe I will get an order in. Amazon does surprise me with the speed of their shipping most times.

I have been floating around for a couple months and have not has spares in the boat so was looking somewhere local to get some before my weekend cruises this past weekend. I wasn't too concerned initially because it was serviced before I bought it this year. Just trying to get some of those things taken care of though.

I have bought them from O'Reilly's Auto Parts. They don't stock them in the store, but you can have them get them from their warehouse by the next day. Last time I got them, they were around $3.80 each I think.

I get mine from O'Reilly's here in the Columbia, SC area and they always have plenty in stock. They say they sell a lot of these plugs but mainly to PWC'ers.

I agree with auto parts stores. You may also want to call a local West Marine store. Not the cheapest at $5.59 but if you need them quick...I usually also order spark plugs & oil filters each season from Amazon. I'll double up on plugs or filters to make the free shipping minimum.

Thanks. Not sure if I have an O'Reilly's around here but will check. I do have a local West Marine so I can check there as well.

Anyone know where I can buy plugs in the Raleigh NC area?

I went to Advanced Auto and Autozone and neither stocked the NGK cr9eb plugs. They had cross referenced and came back with a 4 digit number but I wasn't sure if these were the same. I didn't write down the number but I believe it began with a 4. Anyone know if these will work or where I can find the cr9eb?

These were the only 2 stores I was able to get to over the weekend. Too much time on the lake :)

@Julian, @justason
Thanks

I've always been able to get them (in Stock) from Advance Auto Parts on Durant Road in Raleigh. Never had them not be in stock, but I assume if you buy online and they aren't in stock, they'll get them in within 24 hours (from another store)....

I have bought from Advanced Auto Parts for the last two years. Ordered them online and picked up in store this year.

It helps to have the NGK 4 digit number when you order, easily found on the NGK website. Not too many places use the actual plug number anymore - its greek to many. Cam

That might explain it then @KXCam22 They cross referenced it with the 4 digit number and they had those. I just wasn't sure if they were the correct ones or not, so I passed. I will try the website to see if the number looks familiar.

I may just order now from Amazon since I will not be using the boat this weekend.

Thanks

I just checked the NGK site and the CR9EB crosses to 6955. This is the regular plug, not the iridium.

I don't recall that being the number they gave me but perhaps that was their own part number.

For the Canadians out there, I bought 12 CR9EB for $3.59 a piece at ROYAL DISTRIBUTING.

We have auto zone out here and I found I can get them through them at 9,00 per plug but the previous owner had an extra set that he gave us with many other necessary supplies. What a nice guy

You can get them much cheaper than that Danny, look around. I know O'Reilly's is where I get them, and they have sister stores in your area. I am not sure the name, but I will check it out, because I know they should be under $4 a plug. I just paid $7 to ship back the wrong plugs I got when I bought the new boat...so I can get you some if needed too and send them for probably $10 and that is still going to be a big savings. @DawgDaze

Here you go @DawgDaze ... call them, you want the NGKCR9EB , they will reference it to their number and it will be in the $4 range or less I am guessing per plug.
Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 8.50.52 AM.png

Back