• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why A New Forum? My Explanation....others will add their stories

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe that's what I should start to call my two shots of raspberry vodka, ice water, and Blueberry Crystal Light ;) and for you folks out there watching your waist this is one of the lowest cal drinks out there. only 1 point on WW!!
Interesting drink....guess on the water you could take two shots of water out of a cold water bottle, replace with vodka and add crystal light mix? Sounds tasty and refeshing!

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey Joe, glad to see you found us. Hope to see you this summer

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice drink there @Suchawittygal

I actually drink a "Double Bombay", in the blue bottle, so we can start from there!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting drink....guess on the water you could take two shots of water out of a cold water bottle, replace with vodka and add crystal light mix? Sounds tasty and refeshing!
Now you're thinking Julian! I do that on the slopes when I'm snowboarding! No one has ever asked to smell my drink ;)

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice drink there @Suchawittygal

I actually drink a "Double Bombay", in the blue bottle, so we can start from there!
@Magic Mmm...that sounds good...we have to get together and share drinks on the lake sometime.

jetlagged

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Evil Sports - glad to be here also, hopefully we can all meet up!
@Magic - Bombay Gin…why didn't I think of that?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Maybe that's what I should start to call my two shots of raspberry vodka, ice water, and Blueberry Crystal Light ;) and for you folks out there watching your waist this is one of the lowest cal drinks out there. only 1 point on WW!!
That's crazy! 1 point? Does Crystal Light come in Pinot Noir? :winkingthumbsup" Otherwise, the nose may not allow my olfactory senses to explore a main ingredient to the essense of enjoyment:troll::woot: I can't believe no one asked for a sniff!:D

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Magic Mmm...that sounds good...we have to get together and share drinks on the lake sometime.
Indeed we do. You guys are always welcome here to explore any of our local lakes, or our more distant lakes of Powell and Mead...

Or maybe we can meet half-way at Havasu?? I sense a plan coming together.... A double-Bombay plan! :devilhorns:

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like this forum. Great jet boat related topics as well as non-related topics that are interesting. Glad to be a member!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Indeed we do. You guys are always welcome here to explore any of our local lakes, or our more distant lakes of Powell and Mead...

Or maybe we can meet half-way at Havasu?? I sense a plan coming together.... A double-Bombay plan! :devilhorns:
I see that plan coming together also! Looking forward to a Havasu meet-up!

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian :eek:Doh! You're right Julian! I stand corrected! as you can see, I don't do the WW program, but I hear it's a good program
I do the "run your ass off (literally) and you can have anything you want" plan....or RYAOAYCHAYW....hey, isnt that one of our members here????

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do the "run your ass off (literally) and you can have anything you want" plan....or RYAOAYCHAYW....hey, isnt that one of our members here????
LMAO! That sounds like my kind of program!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian , did you forget a link?
Nope...this is the thread....just click on Page 1....and read....if interested....its more of a history lesson now. And one that all of us needs to remember, and something that I would often say to Brian....

"Remember...a forum is about its members....keep them happy, and you'll have a happy and successful forum. Focus on the members...." Which is what our committee tries to do!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I "liked" that...and totally agree. Many of our member don't know what some of us went through. And no amount of "growing up" will erase that. And it is that experience that brings this community to everyone today! You gotta love Jetboaters.net!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BRob18E

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello to all.
I must say, I enjoyed the read. I searched the internet for the proper way to adjust the reverse gate on a Mercury 175 XR2 jet drive ("Cutter" was not in the drop down for make of boat) and ran across your forum. I soon found myself reading this whole post and couldn't stop. As a former Green Beret (US Army Special Forces) with 12 deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan doing things as "Agency" security (think 13 hours to Benghazi) all the way to teaching anti-terrorism in Kenya, I enjoy stories of the little guy fighting back and for people standing up for what is right (even if it means your death). One of my favorite books ever is When Victims Fight Back. It's a bunch of short stories about potential victims becoming non victims and most of the stories end with a bad guy dead on the floor or front lawn. Love it! But this story fits right in minus the dead bad guy. Honor, Integrity, Values, doing the right thing, treating others the way you want to be treated, are those a thing of the past?

Just my two cents, never delete this post. How quickly history repeats itself. (I see this is from 2014 so I doubt it's going anywhere) I'm sure I'm not the only one that enjoyed this story. And not to $*/t on anyone (Brian), but think about the worst controlling person that you have ever met and ask yourself, if someone could of warned you how that person behaves, wouldn't you want them too? Evil will always prevail will good men and women stand by and do nothing. Great job on the site and the hard work it took to create it and maybe, just maybe, he thinks to himself, maybe I should of just treated people better. (Doubtful, I know)

I understand I am only hearing from one side of the argument, but from what I have read, Brian, you're a A*$ H*/e. Although there are A-holes everywhere, it's the people that allow them to behave that way that is the problem. Call them out every chance you get.

Respectfully,
Brian Roberts
"Never allow money to influence who you are"