• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why A New Forum? My Explanation....others will add their stories

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was asking more out of curiosity than anything else (about whether he can edit the content without attributing the edits.)

If he owns the content that is posted there, what does that mean for those of us who may have posted the same content here (as in, posted the same photo in both places, etc.) I just want to be clear. I'm not trying to stir anything up here, and would really prefer for all this to calm down at this point.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mel, I hope you don't think I was offended by your post and I certainly hope I didn't offend you :oops: I was just trying to keep you grounded. You flyboys like to keep your head in the clouds :D

I'm here because I like the people here. Plain and simple.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If he owns the content that is posted there, what does that mean for those of us who may have posted the same content here (as in, posted the same photo in both places, etc.) I just want to be clear. I'm not trying to stir anything up here, and would really prefer for all this to calm down at this point.
Agreed. I am calm. I'm attempting to share facts to keep people calm and not get wacky ideas. ;)

[edit: original post said "Brian does own..." but it was a classic iPhone auto-correct blunder :(]
1. Brian does not "own the content". But he has rights to do with it whatever he wants.
2. None of all this "content" on either site has been copyrighted. You are just as free as he is to copy posts. You can even secretly alter them before reposting. We may not like you after that, but you are free to do it. :p

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No Mark, not offended at all. I just don't want to offend anyone either. And I am more in the "turn the other cheek" crowd than I am in the "take no prisoners" crowd. But I feel that what he has published on his website may be his intent, but it or may not be the law. And I don't know the law...the only way you can find out what the law says, is to challenge it...and yes, that takes some money. I don't want to spend money challenging or defending, as such, I try to live my life in a way that I am not having to do so. I am still banned there apparently, or at least my IP address is blocked.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mel, you are flying all over the place and connecting from all sorts of locations, so if he's blocked your IP at home, he can't do that for the whole country! So he's banned your account like he has mine.

To those who say we shouldn't stir things up by asking that our content be deleted - my opinion differs. 11 years of content is a lot, and I see no reason that if I can't access it, why anyone else should either. My counsel says he is obligated to delete it if I request, and I have requested. That said, my counsel has also suggested an alternate option that I am contemplating. But posting publicly about this is silly and the community doesn't really need to know and it doesn't really matter to anyone but me (or whomever else wants their content removed).

So lets return more interesting threads!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

jetlagged

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4 Day trips? What a walk in the park…I just did an 11 day double Mumbai…
But I digress….thank you everyone for this thread. I don't live anywhere near Texas, but it's good to finally read what all the excitement was about.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
"
You are not authorized to read this forum".
That's all I can see lol.
In the way of commercial entities if we post something and he changes it without our permission , and that change, or deletion causes us economic harm
I believe
there would be valid grounds for a cause of action .
If someone wanted to go that route.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was first informed of this new web site after I learned of some discontent on YJB. I checked out this site and see that many experienced Yamaha boat owners with good advice had moved here. I gave it a try and now am about 80% here and 20% YJB.

It is quite clear that the software used for this site is superior. It looks much better and is easier to use on my smartphone which is a big attraction.

So the combination of active and good advice here, coupled with better software, is peaking my interest in participating here.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Well said jdonalds!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
4 Day trips? What a walk in the park…I just did an 11 day double Mumbai…
But I digress….thank you everyone for this thread. I don't live anywhere near Texas, but it's good to finally read what all the excitement was about.
@jetlagged When you say "Double Mumbai" I assume you mean US to Mumbai round trips?? I can't imagine doing two of those in 11 days! I do one of those in 11 days and I'm fried! I assume you don't attempt to get on local time at all though? You must be a United Pilot....can't imagine you flying for Air India.... :)

jetlagged

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay, it's two roundtrips from Amsterdam to Mumbai, so it's only about 9 hours each way…I swore I'd never do it again, but now there's a 2 day AMS layover in the middle so it's not quite as brutal as it used to be. And yes, cocktails are definitely called for on the layover!
Northw……oops, I mean Delta...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jetlagged

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you're on to something there…I'll consult a couple of bartender friends!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe that's what I should start to call my two shots of raspberry vodka, ice water, and Blueberry Crystal Light ;) and for you folks out there watching your waist this is one of the lowest cal drinks out there. only 1 point on WW!!