• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wifi Extender

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So, after few days with Google WiFi mesh router I can't believe I've been missing out for so long!
Great system, we got the one with 3 units. Speeds on devices picked up like crazy.

--
My neighbor 2 doors down installed Google Wifi last week.....he's as delighted as I am with it. I walked his house with a wifi signal strength app, and he has a strong single to every corner of his house! No drops....just blazingly fast.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For those that have Tenda Nova, what are your impressions? One the fence about which system to get. Obviously you have your Google and Orbi options but if I can get something comparable for less I would rather do that.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@boudin
How long have you had the TENDA NOVA ?
Have you tried any WIFI security cameras with it ?
Sorry, just saw this. I've had them for about 6 months. Zero issues. One even sits in a hot garage.

I've not tried security cameras with them, but don't see why that would be a problem. Our Internet speed is plenty fast enough to support HD streams.

-Greg

Snofire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tried the cisco wifi extender but didn't like it. Tested out the Netgear Orbi system and love it. We get coverage everywhere on our property with no signal loss.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Have heard lots of good things about the Google Wifi system, also playing with the idea of the Samsung Connect system with Smart things integration, but that will depend on what happens with wink over time. I’ve very happy with my Wink Smark Home, but they have been pretty quiet lately...